Chapter 2

Make Me A Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Find me a date.”

 

Eunhyuk gawked at his boss and his bestfriend, Donghae, while he was signing the papers he brought him. Did he just imagined him saying something? He didn’t get much sleep last night.

 

“Sorry, were you saying something?” He asked.

 

Donghae didn’t look up from the papers he was signing behind his desk. “I said find me a date.”

 

Eunhyuk gaped at him for a good few seconds before he snorted. “Are you serious?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Eunhyuk chortled.

 

"Find you a date? You make it sound like I keep a lot of women in my closet.”

 

“You do.”

 

 “None that you would want.”

 

Donghae flipped the page of the one he’s ready to sign on and skimmed it. “Is this the contract for the Chos?”

 

Eunhyuk peered in on the document before answering, “Yep.”

 

Donghae closed it. “Have this returned to him. I already told him I’m not agreeing to that 30 percent rebate.” He handed the file to Eunhyuk.

 

“Kyuhyun’s gonna hit the ceiling.”

 

“Let him. That brat is not gonna get his way as long as I’m alive.”

 

Eunhyuk snorted as he shrugged. “Okay.”

 

Donghae continued signing the stack of papers he had at his desk and Eunhyuk thought his crazy request was just brought out by his irritation over reviewing these files.

 

“I need a date by Sunday so make sure she would be available by then,” Donghae said.

 

Eunhyuk stared at him before chuckling. “You’re really serious?” His chuckle became laughter but Donghae didn’t even smile. He just continued what he is doing and seemed unperturbed at Eunhyuk’s reactions.

 

“Dude, are you really asking me to find you a date?” He really couldn’t get past that.

 

Yes,” Donghae snapped as he looked at Eunhyuk with a dry expression. “I don’t have time to find one. I don’t trust your choice in picking women but at this point, that’s what I need. Find me someone low key. Unknown and somone who doesn’t matter.”

 

“Wow dude. Your decription stings. The girls I know were really nice girls.”

 

“And they understand a date doesn’t mean a commitment. That’s what I need. Find me one.”

 

Eunhyuk shook his head in disbelief. “And what brought this on? Why do you need a date on Sunday. Ah right. Your grandfather.”

 

Donghae stopped signing the paper he’s currently looking at. “Do you realize the rumors circulating in my family? They think I’m gay. And now grandpa decided to fly over here to see for himself. Last thing I want is to be disowned and disinherited just because I came to a party alone.”

 

Eunhyuk gave in to his laugher again but Donghae just returned his attention to his papers. To Eunhyuk, it’s one of the funniest thing he had heard today. It wasn’t actually new to him as he also heard the same thing in this building. Silent buzzes of staff making conclusions that their Chairman is gay. That’s the only reason they could come up with to explain the reason why they never see their boss with a woman or out on a date.

 

“Okay, I understand,” Eunhyuk said getting over his hysterics. “But why are you asking me?”

 

“Because I’m too busy to do that myself,” Donghae answered. “Find me one by Sunday or I’ll fire you by Monday.”

 

“Aish.” He scowled at his friend even if he knew he was just kidding. Or was he? He could never really tell because he’s always serious. “Sunday? You’re only giving me four days?”

 

“Perks of being a boss,” he answered.

 

Aish. “Alright. What type of girl is suitable as a date for you?”

 

“Like I said, I only need a date for a night just to assure grandfather that his grandson is not gay. Including my entire family. They think the appearance of women beside me can actually attest to my uality. But I need someone who’s a nobody so there’s no press. Like I said. Low-key and someone who doesn’t matter.”

 

“You’re harsh.”

 

“I’m just honest.”

 

“Honestly harsh,” Eunhyuk corrected. “So… anyone will do just as long as they are a nobody?”

 

“Yes.” Then he paused. “Or at least make sure it’s a respectable nobody. My family might dig into her background and it’ll be a disaster if they found out I’m dating a hooker.”

 

“I don’t know any hookers,” Eunhyuk denied with a scowl. “Alright as your mere assistant, I’ll do this girly thing that you’re asking me. Low key. Nobody. Respectable. Aish.” Then he narrowed his eyes at Donghae who returned his attention on the papers in front of him. “Are you sure you’re not really gay?”

 

Donghae paused before lifting his head and giving his friend a wry expression. “You really want to keep this job?”

 

Eunhyuk lifted both his hands in comic surrender. “Just asking.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Make Me A Match. Eunhyuk drummed his fingers on the keyboard as he stared at the homepage of the site that he found on an advertisement. He already heard about this and there are a lot of people who claimed the site as really effective in finding you a date and secured privacy. Given the short amount of time that Donghae had given him, he should try all the resources. Last thing he wanted is to be fired, in case he was really serious.

 

Eunhyuk smirked as he clicked on the Sign Up button on the page. Let Donghae deal with whatever kind of girl he would be able to get ont this site. Surely, he would see his efforts for this task. See here? He’s even going to use his credit card to pay for the registration.

 

Finder? Findee? Matcher? Whatever. Eunhyuk ticked the box of the Findee then started his description of Donghae. As he read on, he finally understood what the hell is a Findee. With his general description of Donghae, there’s no doubt this site wouldn’t be able to match him with someone. He also looked for any photos of Donghae smiling and had to settle for a group photo which he had cropped Donghae out since it is the only photo he’s got where he was actually looking friendly.

 

Okay. Stable job. Let’s ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter