Let's go skating

Caught in a lie

«Good mooorning»
Jimin smiled slightly as he heard Taehyung's singsong morning voice call out to him. Answering him with a groan, the blonde turned his head and pulled the covers over his head.
«I don't do morniiings, literally»

Taehyung snickered at the sass and tried to pull the covers off, but Jimin held them firmly to him. Wearing a thoughtful pout, Taehyung got an idea and crawled up the covers instead until he nuzzled up to Jimin's neck, giving the spot he bit last night a soft kiss.
«Teechically, its duusk.. Vampire morning~» He whispered against the bruised skin, earning a shiver from Jimin in return.
«Taaaae» The smaller whined
«Don't tease me, I'm too tired for it» he mumbled, trying to push Taehyung off. The latter, however, didn't budge an inch.

«Jimin» He said firmly.
«You need breakfast, and to get out of bed.. I have plans for us» Jimin slowly opened his eyes and looked at the larger, younger boy. Plans? What could he be meaning?
Studying Taehyung's face, Jimin got a big, boxy grin before Tae vanished, knowing that Jimin was far too interested to fall back asleep.

«... What are you up to?» Jimin asked as he tossed the covers off himself and looked at Taehyung with a confused glare.
«Will you get out of bed?» Taehyung asked.
«If you tell me, sure»
«We're going to the park.. I'm taking you skating, Park Jimin» Taehyung announced as he tossed a blood bag to the blonde.


Jimin caught the bag just before it hit him in the face. Park? What? Is he crazy?
«Taehyung, we cant go to the park, it's far to public!» He protested, but he did get up from the bed and bit the blood bag.
«Its fine, Jiminie. It's not that many people, besides.. we deserve to have some fun» Taehyung looked at him with a slightly unsure look before grinning again, handing Jimin his clothes.
«Come on, get ready! We're going in 10 minutes!»

Taehyung announced and then promptly.. left, leaving Jimin to stand there, still bare arsed after the night, to look after him confusedly.
«...What the hell» Jimin sighed and rubbed his forehead before finishing his breakfast bag and looking the clothes over. Blinking, he realized, he didn’t own these clothes... And they weren't Taehyung's either.
Smiling softly, as he realized how subtle Tae had been with his gift, he put the clothes on and got ready. Figuring he should dress warmly so that people wont notice that the cold doesn’t affect him, he grabbed a thick jacket before looking around for his hyperactive little sunshine and let himself get dragged along (even tho he quietly very looked forward to it)

 

20 minutes later, they had arrived at the park. It wasn't nearly as crowded as Jimin had expected, and he was quite relieved as he and Taehyung interlaced their fingers together, Taehyung leading the way to the skating rink.
«When was the last time you went skating, Minie?» Tae asked gently as Jimin sat down to put the skates Tae had gifted him before they left on.
«Uhm... I don't remember, actually. I think when I was a child?» Jimin answered unsure and looked at his boyfriend.
«Well.. then we can make some fun memories, right?» Tae snickered as he put his own skates on. His skates were well worn, as he loved to skating, but Jimin had always been too nervous to join.
Getting them on, he got on the ice and reached out to support Jimin and help him stand up on the skates. Jimin wobbled a bit and grabbed onto Taehyung worriedly.
«This is difficult» the blonde faintly whined and looked up at Taehyung, who was watching with that boxy smile of his.
«I'll support you, babe» Taehyung almost cooed, and if Jimin had had his balance, he would’ve smacked the boy silly.

And it was almost as if Taehyung knew just that, as he gently pulled them out onto the ice, holding gently around Jimin's waist to support him. Jimin grabbed onto his shoulder as he felt them move and bit his lip nervously.
«.. Ok, don't you dare let me fall, Taehyung!» Jimin threatened, earning a hearty chuckle from his lover as he slowly pulled away.
«I'd never let you fall, ever, Jimin» He said softly and Jimin looked up, feeling a slight pang of guilt as he couldn’t help but think about the thought's hes had lately. The thoughts of... Leaving. But how could he leave this beautiful being behind?

«... I know» He whispered and frowned, looking down at the ice. Taehyung noticed and swallowed. This wasn’t what he had wanted. He had of course noticed Jimin's distance the last few days, but he had been sure that this would be a good way to get him to snap out of whatever funk he had been in. To focus on the now, on him. But it seemed it wasn’t quite working yet.
Thinking quickly, Taehyung pulled Jimin in close and sent them into a spin, grinning as he felt Jimin grab onto him to not fall.

Jimin felt Taehyung nuzzle his head lovingly, but it just made him feel even more guilty. If only Taehyung knew what he had been thinking about lately. About how unsure he had been on himself, on his choices. Jimin knew that he loved Taehyung, that was sure. He hadn’t once questioned that. But he wasnt sure if they were right together. Not with the desires to... Hunt, that Jimin kept getting. The need to feel fresh blood down his throat. Taehyung could never understand that, and Jimin hated himself more knowing how much it would hurt his lover to know what he was wanting. Taehyung loved humans, and Jimin did too, in his own way. But he still had that.. need, desire, that desperation to.. eat them.

How the hell would Taehyung ever accept him if he knew.
Taking a deep breath, he pushed the thoughts away and looked up at Taehyung with a smile.
These thoughts couldn’t matter right now. They didn’t matter now. Taehyung mattered at this point, just Taehyung. Tonight wasn’t the night to tell him the truth, but the night to enjoy the moment the best he can. Before he ruins it all later.


So he pushed it all away, and plastered on the biggest grin he could and looked up at Taehyung, and truly enjoyed everything he could as they kept skating the ice together for as long as Jimin's legs would handle it. Letting Taehyung teach him the best he could how to skate, and after a while Jimin was skating about alone and even doing little twirls.

It was almost morning as they walked home together. Taehyung wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist and talking softly about the fun they had been having tonight. And it was during that walk home that Jimin couldn’t hide his shame anymore, keeping his head down and watching the pavement as they walked together. Taehyung, worried about what could be wrong, tried to make some jokes to cheer him up, but it was as if Jimin didn’t even hear them.

And once they got home, Jimin looked up at him with a soft smile, but the sadness in his eyes couldn’t be hidden.
«Tae.. You really are the most amazing person I ever could've dreamed to have» He whispered as he gently reached up to caress Taehyung's cheek, almost deciding to tell Taehyung everything right now, but.. that would ruin everything. So for the second time, he pushed it away and got on his toes to give Taehyung a soft, and beyond well deserved, kiss. Taehyung quickly returned it, pulling Jimin close to give him a tight hug as he tried to comfort whatever was going on with the smaller.

«.. I love you» Jimin said softly before pulling away, running his hand through his hair before starting to walk to the bedroom, feeling exhausted after the long night of skating and hiding.
«Good night, Minie» Taehyung said gently, but Jimin heard the worry in it, turning around to give a soft smile to the taller before vanishing in the room.

Taehyung sighed softly and sat down on the couch. His efforts to make whatever was wrong, better, had failed. And honestly, now he was more worried than ever about what that might mean.

What was going on with Jimin? Could it be that.. he was thinking about leaving him? No way.. right?
Chewing his lip slowly, Taehyung turned the tv on to calm himself before slowly joining the already sleeping Jimin in bed, wrapping his strong arms firmly around the smaller to protect him and just hold onto him the best he could. Nuzzling the soft hair, it didn’t take him long to join his lover in the wonders of dreams.
At least, in their dreams, everything was the way it should be.