Old friend

Caught in a lie

It had been awkward for the few days since the skating days. Taehyung and Jimin still slept in the same bed, still talked and acted as normal. But if you knew them well enough, you could feel the slight... wrongness that was unspoken between them. But neither knew how to approach it, so they both left it alone. For now

One night, while Jimin cleaned the kitchen, and Taehyung was on a blood run, there was a knock on the door. Not expecting visitors, Jimin hesitated before going to open up.
The person on the other side of the door, however, was the last person he was expecting to see.

«Yoongi-hyung?!» Jimin shouted in surprise, getting a cocky smile back from the pink haired male.
«What are you doing here? I haven't seen you since-»
«Since you left Namjoon and me to be with that quiet vamp uhm... Taeyang?» Yoongi said as he walked inside, looking around a bit.
«Taehyung» Jimin smiled. Namjoon had been his sire, and Yoongi's too. Tho he had heard from Namjoon since then, he had never expected to ever see his sharp-tongued friend again.
Yoongi had taken Jimin's departure badly.

«Right... wow» Jimin snickered softly.
«I'm sorry. I just.. didn’t expect you. At all»
«Yeah well, I was passing through the area and decided it was time to see you... it's been almost 5 years now since you left» Yoongi sat down on the couch and smiled at Jimin.
«Yeah.. Time passes by so fast. Hey, do you want some blood?» Jimin offered, getting a grimace from Yoongi.
«Uhm, if its that stale your boyfriend eats, then hell no. Just sit with me, let's catch up»
Jimin smiled and sat down, looking at the man in front of him. Yoongi hadn’t changed much, as expected being a vampire too. But last he had seen him, he had had blonde hair, and used blue lenses. It seemed that he didn’t bother with lenses anymore, however, and his hair was dyed a bright pink. Not something Jimin ever really expected to see on him, tho it suited him good.

«You look » Yoongi however said, making Jimin slightly jump.
«Yoongi, what the hell?? That's how you want to start talking with me again for the first time in forever??» Jimin growled slightly with annoyance, and Yoongi raised his hands in defense.
«You misunderstand, tho I should've realized you would..You've always been touchy about your looks.» Yoongi said with a sigh before looking at Jimin's confused face.

«I didnt mean your -looks- are . Just meant that you look . Like you’re unhappy» Yoongi said almost flatly, and Jimin's face fell blank.
How could he tell that so easily? Jimin wasn’t even sure himself if he was unhappy or if he was just nostalgic. But within 5 minutes of seeing him, it was as if Yoongi just saw straight thru him.
«...I’m not unhappy»
«Liar»
«I’m not lying!»
«Ok, then whats the word when you aren’t telling the truth?»
Jimin groaned.
«Its not like that» he mumbled slightly, feeling his mind start to churn away.
«Then whats it like? Is it Taehyung? Is he an ?» Yoongi almost snickered at the thought.

«Taehyung..» Jimin paused slightly, unsure if he wanted to say what was going on in his mind to someone he barely talked to for years now. Yoongi and him had been really good friends before, sharing everything, but. That was then.
«.. Talk to me, Jiminie» Yoongi's deep voice dropped slightly to almost a purr and Jimin looked at him unsure.
«You can tell me everything, you know that» Yoongi added, causing Jimin to sigh deeply.
«... It isn’t Taehyung. Hes a sweetheart, and he treats me like a king»
«queen» Yoongi corrected, hearing an instant, yet gentle, smack to the head.

«Just kidding!» He snickered out. «So what is it?»
«Its.. Me» Jimin said with a frown, looking at his hands as he fiddled with them, checking his nails.
«.. Jimin, you're gonna need to be a bit clearer than 'its me' here» Yoongi said, looking at Jimin curiously.
«.. I love my life right now.. its nice. Safe, and Taehyung is amazing...» Jimin's voice trailed off.
«Buuut?» Yoongi asked.
«... But I... don’t feel right in it.» Yoongi raised a confused brow as he didnt understand.

«What does that mean, Min?» Yoongi tilted Jimin's head up so that he could look at him.
«... It means... I feel that urge.. that Namjoon always said I'd have. I havent felt it before, but recently.. Especially after starting to get Taehyung to bite me, I.. feel it.. that urge» Jimin explained,turning away from Yoongi when mentioning the biting.
«To kill?» Yoongi said casually.
«Duh, of course you feel that urge, you're a goddamn vampire, Jimin!» Yoongi almost laughed the words, causing Jimin to feel a bit. Uncomfortable.
«Embrace it»

Jimin flinched a bit and looked at Yoongi.
«How can you say that? I can't just embrace it! Its not-»
«What Taehyung wants?» Jimin froze slightly at Yoongi's words.

Its true. If it wasn’t for Taehyung, Jimin would’ve tried to hunt probably months ago. Instead, he suppressed the urge, because he knew there was just no way Taehyung would feel ok with dating a killer. How could he? Taehyung was the sweetest, gentlest soul on the planet. He just happened to have been turned into a vampire.

«.. So what if that’s why? I love him, and.. if he knew, it would kill him..» Jimin rubbed his face.

«Well.. then he doesn’t have to know. I mean, you’re not sure if its what you want yet right?» Yoongi looked at Jimin curiously, getting a slow nod in answer.
«Ok.. So why don’t you take a break, go away and test it out? Leave for a while and do a few hunts, get a taste for what you want, or don’t want, and if you don’t like it, come back to him. And he will never know» Yoongi smiled at his brilliant plan but Jimin stayed quiet.
Yoongi couldn’t tell why he was so quiet. If he was thinking, or ignoring him so he watched for a while, just watching the pretty boy.

Taking the time to get to check him out properly. To get to check out that cute face, those gentle eyes, the curvy body, and plump lips. He couldn’t help but be attracted to Jimin. Who could, the boy was flawless. Yoongi was sure that was why Taehyung took him away in the first place, to hide him from the world. But seeing how they were living in such a large town like Seoul, that idea had shattered. Maybe it had just been to get away from Yoongi.

Well, no such luck. Yoongi had needed time back when Jimin just up and left, but now that he was over it, he wasn’t gonna go anywhere.

 

«That may be the best way...» Jimin whispered faintly, still watching his hands. Lucky for Yoongi, as because of that, Jimin missed the cocky smirk that crept across Yoongi's face.