Taehyung

Caught in a lie

Taehyung sat on the couch, staring at his feet sadly, trying to not cry. Having seen Jimin walk out of their home earlier was still burned into his mind, and he couldn't get himself to move. Jimin had left him. Taehyungs mind repeated the words that were constantly spinning in his head.

I have to go
 

Taehyung whimpered loudly and hugged himself tightly. How could he just leave. How could he think that leaving would hurt him less?? Jimin had lost it...he must be.. right?

I want to kill
I want to hunt
 

Taehyung grabbed his head. How was this happening? Jimin was his soul mate! The love of his world, his universe. The one person he felt happy and safe with... Ever since they met all those years ago, when Jimin was still with Namjoon and Yoongi, they had been inseparable. In love. Happy. Right?
 

I swear to you, Taehyungie. I will come back to you
 

He shook his head and got up, stumbling as his eyes were blurry with the tears still wanting to fall, even tho he had stopped crying hours ago. He didn't believe those last words Jimin said. Not at all. That promise to come back. The promise that he still loved him, it was lies! All of it!
Jimin just didn't want to say the words. He was just refusing to say it was over!
But Taehyung wasn't stupid, he knew what was happening. Jimin didn't love him. Jimin wanted someone else. Wanted to leave, forever, so he lied to him. Taehyung started pacing. Why couldn't Jimin have just said that to him... Just tell him the truth! This fake sparing just made it worse, made it hurt so much more... Taehyung felt the sob shake his body as his tears overflowed once again and he stumbled to the kitchen, grabbing a tub of ice cream before falling to the floor, leaning against the fridge. He stared at the sugary treat in his hands through the blur of tears and slowly opened it, digging into it angrily as his tears fell hard as he replayed the last things they said to each other.

 

Don't go
     I have to

 

Taehyung growled, then screamed out as he ate the ice cream, sobbing hard as he kept digging in, trying to cling onto the lie of him coming back as he tried to comfort himself.


I'm yours, and only yours...



 

----



 

Jungkook grabbed the cooler full of blood out of his car and headed up to small house. He hadn't seen Taehyung in a week, and Jungkook was getting worried. It wasn't like Taehyung to miss out on a blood pickup... Hopefully everything was still ok with his vampire buddy, he was a rare one among the vampires he met in his work, and the only vampire he would consider a friend. Not many vampires liked fraternizing with humans.
 

Jungkook walked up to the door and knocked gently. It was just a little past sunset, so Taehyung or Jimin should open the door quickly. But when no one did, he frowned. Could there really be something wrong? He tried the door and bit his lip as the door swung open with ease, and he walked inside.
 

Entering the house, he looked around a bit with slight shock. He hadn't really been inside the house before, but he had never imagined the mess that was in front of him. Jungkook scrunched his nose at the smell. It was the smell of old food, trash and the fact that there most definitely hadn’t been a window or a door opened here in days was obvious. He put the cooler on the kitchen counter and looked about a little.
“Taehyung?” He called out gently, noticing the blood bags littering the floor. That probably didn't help with the smell...
“Taetae? Jimin?” Jungkook called out loud and heard a slight noise from the bedroom.


“Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you!” Jungkook called out awkwardly, assuming the noise mean they were... Busy, in there.
“Jungkookie?” he heard Taehyungs voice, but it sounded different from his usual tone.
“Yeah, I figured I should drop by some blood, but I'll leave, I don’t want to interrupt anything”

Taehyung slowly pulled himself out of his bed, that he hadn't left for days except to use the bathroom or find food. He walked to the bedroom door and opened it, then walked down the stairs, looking confusedly at Jungkook.
“There’s nothing to interrupt...” He mumbled. He noticed the look on Jungkooks face then sighed, elaborating.
“Jimin left... We're over” Taehyung said, frowning as he walked to the cooler and opened it, grabbing a blood bag and unscrewing the little cap on it before sipping on it.


He felt Jungkooks worried eyes on him and he groaned, not really wanting to talk about it.
“... Ok... I guess that explains why you look sad, but... What happened here, Hyung?” Jungkooks voice was soft and Tae looked over to see him motioning to the mess everywhere. He shrugged in response. Jungkook looked at him with a soft, yet worried look and walked over.
“Hyung.. I know you loved him, but you cant let yourself break down like this...” Taehyung felt Jungkooks hands on his face and he sighed. He knew he was right, but.. he just didn't care right now.
 

“...When did he leave?” Jungkook fixed Taes messy, clearly dirty, hair.
“6 days ago...” Taehyungs voice was pained as he answered.
“... I miss him, Jungkookie” Taehyung looked at his friend. His only friend, clearly, as he was the only one who came to check on him.
“I can imagine.. but you cant just let yourself suffer like this.. And you cant starve yourself” Jungkook said firmly then pushed Taehyung to the couch.
“So, eat. Relax a bit, and I'll start cleaning, you can join me if you feel up for it.. If not, take a damn shower, Tae” Jungkook said faintly firmly but smiled at Taehyung softly, then he swiftly got to work. Opening windows, finding a trash bag and starting to clean everything.
Taehyung stayed quiet and watched his friend as he was cleaning, on his blood bag for a while before getting up and going to take a shower. Jungkook was right, he needed to pull himself together. And even tho he didn’t know how, he was sure that Jungkook would help him. He already was, just by being here.

 

----------

 

Taehyung frowned hard as he paced. He was relieved Jungkook had helped him clean the last two days, or he would be constantly tripping over things. It was almost morning, and Jungkook, having insisted on staying and make sure that Tae ate and cared for himself, was in Taehyungs room, still sleeping, as all humans did right now. But Taehyung wasn’t able to relax. He had this bad feeling in his chest, that something was very, very wrong, but he couldn't figure out what. Just that something felt bad. It felt wrong. And he couldn't focus on the tv anymore because of it. Hell he couldn't even sit still because of it. Tae kept walking to the window and staring up at the moon, as if hoping it would tell him what was going on, why he was feeling this way. But there were no answers. There were no reason, as far as Tae could tell, that was causing this.

Tae just hoped nothing was wrong.
And, even tho he shouldn't be worrying about the man who broke his heart, he begged every god that existed that this feeling wasn't because Jimin was in trouble...

 

-----------------

 

Taehyung sat outside on the porch with Jungkook. The sun had just set, so they were both able to enjoy the time outside together. Taehyung sipped some tea as he looked up at the faint stars that were starting to show. 6 months ago, he wouldn't have thought he would be able to relax like this. Hell, 6 months ago, he wouldn’t have thought he would ever smile again either, so he definitely didn't expect this. To feel at peace. To feel, in a way, happy. To be excited to do something.
“Thanks, Kookie” Tae mumbled and looked over at his friend.
 

Jungkook had stayed almost a full month before trusting Tae on his own again, and he still came by almost ever night to check in and just hang out together. Taehyung was pretty sure that without him, he would've been lost. Hell, he knew he would've been.
“Shut up, Hyung, you tell me that every night” Jungkook said cockily, and Tae threw a small pillow at him. They both laughed and Taehyung ruffled his hair.
“Really tho.. After Jimin left.. If it hadn't been for you, I would've been lost” He whispered and Jungkook looked at him for a moment before standing up
 

“Ok, enough sap, are we going to the park and skating tonight or not? Because it's about damn time we both had some fun, and I really hope to meet someone cute there while we're at it.” Jungkook spat out and Taehyung couldn't help but laugh. Before he had gotten to know the kid better, he never would've thought he was such a player, but he was. Jungkook truly was one hell of a playboy, but it was fun to watch him flirt (especially when he failed, Taehyung loved seeing his friend get a drink in the face).
 

“Yeees yes yes, we are” Tae chuckled and got up, grabbing his gear.
“Tho, honestly, if you find a way to hook up at a skatingrink, I will give you the title of International playboy... Trophy and everything” he teased, and they laughed as they started heading to the park.
“You know I'll hold you to that, Hyung!”

 

--------------------------------------------------
A/N
Hey guys! I'm sorry this took so long, this was an unexpectedly difficult chapter to write, and I was also hit with some serious writers block... But I promise it wont take as long to come with the next one!
I hope you all enjoy this little break from the pain Jimin is currently in, and that this cheers you up a little!
Next chapter we're back to Jimin, so just hang in there a little longer to hear how hes doing!