I have to go

Caught in a lie

Jimin paced around the darkened living room. It was early evening, still bright out, and he should be sleeping. But he couldn’t, because he was nervous. Extremely nervous.
It had been a few days since the surprise visit from Yoongi, and he had left after greeting Taehyung the same night... but the conversation they had still nagged at Jimin. What if he really was right? What if that was the best solution? What if Jimin wanted to come back but Taehyung moved on? Jimin chewed his lip and kept pacing, running his hand through his hair for the hundredth time that day. What the was he going to do.

«Why are you up so early?» The groggy, deep voice made Jimin jump and he turned around to face a sleepy Taehyung.
«Tae..» He whispered, getting a sleepy pout from the boy.
«The bed got cold without you...» Taehyung whined and walked over, gently wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist and burring his face in the smallers hair. Jimin closed his eyes and took in his scent, leaning into the warmth of Taehyungs body. He was so warm, especially for a vampire.. Most vampires are ice cold, like Jimin was, but not Tae.

«... Is something wrong?» Taehyung asked softly, moving a hand to gently rub Jimin's back as he noticed the older had started shaking.
. , Jimin thought. He didn’t want to do this. But if he kept delaying it, then he risks loosing control and attacking someone. In front of others. Infront of Taehyung...
«Babe.. Baby, you’re shaking, talk to me» Taehyung said worriedly, trying to look Jimin in the eyes.

«I have to go...» It was a faint whisper but Jimin felt how Taehyung's body tensed. Slowly, he lifted his gaze to meet Taehyungs, eyes watering with emotion as he saw the shock on his lovers face.
«...What?»
«I have to go» Jimin said louder to answer Taehyung and almost winced as he felt his hands pull away from him and Tae stepped back.
«.. Go.. Where?» Taehyungs voice was shaking and Jimin lowered his gaze again.
«I don’t know... away?» He snorted at how stupid he sounded. What kind of answer was that?


«.. Why» Taehyung looked at Jimin, searching desperately for some sort of excuse that.. that this wasn’t what he thought it was.
«So I wont hurt you..» Jimin looked up at Tae. At his beautiful face, that was full of confusion and sadness.
«Hurt me.. you’re hurting me now, if you’re saying what I think you’re saying!» Taehyung raised his voice before moving closer, gently cupping Jimins face and making him look at him.

«Listen.. I know you’re going through something lately, and then the sudden visit from Yoongi, I mean.. That must've brought up some memories of being with your sire and stuff, but...Jimin, you cant just go» Jimin looked softly at the desperate man as he spoke.
«... I want to kill, Taehyung» Jimin pulled his face away as he saw how the words hit his beloved. Taehyung looked as if he got punched..
«...we.. We can think of something... Maybe.. you can drink from willing people..»
«I want to hunt, Taehyung.. To smell it, to feel the adrenaline, taste the heat of a living, breathing human... I need to go away and... find out what that means» Jimin tried to explain, tho it clearly wasn’t going through to Taehyung.
«We can figure it out.. we can! You.. You can bite me! I get scared when you do, maybe that'll do the trick!» Taehyung smiled worriedly, and Jimin looked at him sadly.

«Taehyung... I cant do that.. its not the same, I need to leave and..» He looked at Tae as his face just fell, the sadness all over his beautiful face and he fell his own eyes spill with tears. Jimin hung his head down and looked at his feet.

«...Ill come back..I just need time to experiment. I need to feel it again.. get over it, and..then i can come back» He said the words with as much love as he could, and he meant them. He would come back, he loved it here, with Taehyung. It was the only place he felt happy.

«Liar... ing Liar!» Taehyung shouted as he lost it, starting to cry too. Jimin flinched and closed his eyes tightly.
«This..Its just an excuse! This is why you’ve been distant lately, you’ve been wanting to break up!»

«Ah. No! Taehyung, I don’t want to break up, Ill come back!» Jimin looked at Taehyung wide-eyed.
«I don’t ever want to break up with you, you’re my so-»
«DONT ING SAY IT, JIMIN!» Taehyung screamed at him and Jimin took a surprised step back. He had never seen Taehyung this mad. It was scary.. Especially as it was his fault.

«..Tae..»
«.. Don’t ing dare call us soul-mates when you’re gonna leave me.... Dont dare...use that against me» Taehyung almost snarled out and Jimin hung his head. Taehyung studied him for a while before walking over, grabbing Jimins chin and turning it up, grabbing his throat firmly as he kissed him hard.

Jimin jolted at the shock of being grabbed by the throat. Taehyung was never rough, not even when Jimin coaxed him. But even tho it hurt, he couldn’t help but melt into the kiss Taehyung gave him. To return it fully even as he started running out of breath and got dizzy. Tho just as sudden as the kiss started, Taehyung let his throat go and broke away with a gasp, as if he realized what he had just done.

Taehyung pushed him away, sobbing slightly.
«... Why are you doing this to me...Jimin» He looked at Jimin with pleading eyes.
«I love you... I really ing love you, Jimin! Don’t you love me anymore??»
Jimin looked at him for a bit, before slowly answering.

«... Of course I do, Taehyung.. That’s why I must go... So I wont snap and hurt someone, in front of you... If you see that, I can never forgive myself. So I have to go. Find out what this need is, and test it. And then I can come back once I know»

«And what if you never find out?? What if you find out you like killing? What if you fall for someone else??» Taehyungs voice was desperate, so Jimin walked close. Taehyung stepped away, but Jimin followed and pulled the younger into a tight hug.
«That will never happen, Taehyungie.. I love you.. only you» He said softly into Taehyungs hair, holding him tightly as the raven haired boy started sobbing against him.

«I swear to you, Taehyungie. I will come back to you» Jimin whispered and help Taehyung gently before slowly pulling away and giving him a soft smile.
«Because I'm yours, and only yours...»

«Don't go» Taehyung whispered as he locked eyes with Jimin. And Jimin almost threw it all aside and did. But he had to do this, so he pulled away and looked at the curtains. The sun had set now. It was time...
Jimin turned back to Taehyung and shook his head.
«I have to...» He whispered once more time before lowering his head and walking to the door to leave.

As Jimin walked out the door and closed it behind him, he could hear as Taehyung fell to the floor inside and started to sob. It hurt his heart so bad to do this, but it had to be done. For both their sakes. Jimin stayed leaning against the door, listening to Taehyungs heavy sobbing for almost 5 minutes before he was finally able to pull himself away and started to walk.

To walk away.
But he would come back. One day.

 

He promised it.