Zoo (Jeongseong)

Alphabet

**Double Update 2/2**


Jeongmin watched apprehensively as the giant snake coiled itself around its keeper’s torso and arms. Hyunseong didn’t look much better, eyeing the creature with mistrust in his eyes. The keeper was standing calmly in front of them, completely unfazed by the great serpent. Jeongmin could have sworn the guy was silently judging them for being scared of the python.

Jeongmin didn’t understand how someone wouldn’t be scared of the snake.

If the snake stretched out to its full length, it would be longer than Hyunseong was tall. That was enough reason for Jeongmin to want to stay several feet away from it at all times. But of course, things weren’t going his way today. Donghyun just had to dare Jeongmin and Hyunseong to hold the snake across their shoulders. In fact, the eldest was standing to the side with a smirk, holding a camera in his hands.

“What if it bites us?” Jeongmin couldn’t help asking even though he knew that pythons preferred strangling their prey.

“We’ll probably die,” Hyunseong muttered as the keeper draped the great snake over his shoulders. The taller instinctively flinched away from the reptile, which wrapped its tail around Hyunseong’s wrist.

“Hey, come on, don’t joke like thaaat!” Jeongmin’s voice rose in pitch when he felt the cool and scaly skin on the back of his neck.

The keeper stepped back, letting the python sit on the two boys’ shoulders. Jeongmin could feel the flexing of the snake’s muscles as it settled itself comfortably. A stream of nonsensical words began flowing from his mouth out of fear, and he could hear Donghyun laughing at him.

Jeongmin didn’t even realize that he had grabbed Hyunseong’s arm and was clinging to it like a koala. Hyunseong didn’t try to push him off either, too preoccupied with maintaining his dignity. Donghyun was still silently cackling his head off and recording the whole thing.

“I didn’t sign up for this when I agreed to come to the zoo today!” Jeongmin wailed. There was a sound next to him and he glanced to the side to see Hyunseong laughing at him. “Hey, don’t laugh at me. You’re in the same situation as me!”

“Yeah, but you’re the one panicking,” Hyunseong chortled, covering his mouth with one hand as his eyes turned into crescents.

Jeongmin opened his mouth to deliver a snappy retort, but the python chose that moment to flex its body. Instead of the sassy comeback the shorter had planned, a rather high-pitched squawk escaped his throat, throwing Hyunseong into even greater fits of laughter.


Hey, guys. I would just like to thank you all for sticking with me through this story. It's my first one after a two-year break, so I know it's probably not the best one you've ever read. Your support was, and still is, much appreciated! <3

See you all around ^^