Vision (Dongwoo)

Alphabet

“Good morning, Minwoo-sshi.” The interviewer smiled in a friendly way. “I’m glad you were able to make it today.”

“Thank you for having me,” Minwoo replied with a shy smile of his own.

“I won’t keep you long. This should only take about three minutes, five minutes tops,” the interviewer reassured. Minwoo nodded, shifting his weight from one foot to the other and adjusting his grip on the microphone.

“You’re the maknae of Boyfriend, aren’t you? How many years did you spend as a trainee before debuting with the other members?”

The questions were relatively easy to answer, most of them only requiring a sentence-long reply. The interviewer was professional enough to not ask any questions that were too probing.

“Thank you for your hard work today, Minwoo-sshi. I have one more question for you. What goals does Boyfriend have for the future? Do you have a specific vision for Boyfriend’s future?” The interviewer looked expectantly at the maknae.

“Uh…” Minwoo paused, thinking over his answer. “We still have a lot to improve, so I think our first goal would be to become a better group for our fans. I can see us becoming more popular in the future, so I guess the vision I have for Boyfriend is being one of the top ten idol groups.”

The interviewer smiled and nodded, apparently pleased with Minwoo’s answer. “I see. That’s a good goal to have. I’m sure your fans will be very pleased to hear that.” The two of them exchanged chuckles. “Are you confident that Boyfriend can become a better group?”

Minwoo barely contemplated the question before answering. “Yes,” he stated firmly, “All of the members work hard, and Donghyun-hyung is a good leader, so I’m sure we’ll keep improving in the future.”

“Oh?” The interviewer perked up with interest. “What is Donghyun like? What makes you say he is a good leader?”

“Well, he’s a perfectionist, so he expects the best from everyone, including himself,” Minwoo explained, “He wants everyone to work hard, but he also knows how to have fun, so he maintains a good balance between work and play.” The interviewer nodded, encouraging Minwoo to keep speaking. “Donghyun-hyung is also very supportive. He always tells us to do what we love to do. I’m glad he’s our leader.”

“It sounds like you really like Donghyun.” The interviewer laughed, not noticing the faint pink that dusted Minwoo’s cheeks. “Anyway, that’s all I have for you today. Thank you so much for your time.”

The two of them bowed to each other, and Minwoo headed for the door. He couldn’t help jumping a little in surprise when he saw Donghyun leaning on the opposite wall, obviously waiting for someone or something.

“Wow, he even picks up the other members from their schedules?” The interviewer’s amused voice startled Minwoo, making the maknae jump again.

Donghyun smiled. “I wasn’t busy, so I decided to stop by.” He put an arm around Minwoo’s shoulders, pulling the younger into his side. “I’m glad he thinks so highly of me.” At that, Minwoo couldn’t help but avoid Donghyun’s gaze, embarrassed that the leader overheard the things he said in the interview.

His blush continued to burn, only beginning to fade when they returned to the dorm.