Reality (Jeongseong)

Alphabet

Every day, from approximately seven in the morning to eleven at night, Jeongmin and Hyunseong would put on an act.

Their morning routine didn’t differ much from that of their fellow idols. They got out of bed, used the bathroom, and ate breakfast with the rest of Boyfriend. They watched Youngmin and Minwoo banter and laughed at Kwangmin playing with his food.

After breakfast, the two would part ways. Jeongmin usually headed off for vocal training or worked on composing the next song for the group to sing. He would sit by himself in one of the practice rooms, singing and writing until the twins texted him for lunch.

'Jeongminnie-hyung, come eat lunch~'

Jeongmin then received a short video from Kwangmin, where the younger twin held a piece of beef up to a cardboard cutout of Jeongmin. “Hyuuuung,” Kwangmin sobbed dramatically, “why won’t you eat? Please eat…!” He placed the meat next to cardboard Jeongmin’s mouth as if expecting the fake Jeongmin to open his mouth and eat the food.

While Jeongmin was busy composing and singing, Hyunseong would go for his morning workout, which usually involved jogging three times around the block in his disguise and then using the gym provided by the company. When he was done, he would check his messages since Minwoo would text him, asking him to join the younger members for lunch.

Lunch usually consisted of the five of them since Donghyun’s schedule was often busier than theirs. While the leader was missed, it meant there was one less person to tease Jeongmin. The twins proved to be a formidable enough force for Jeongmin to deal with as they prodded at his stomach and thighs. Being the good-natured hyung that he was, Jeongmin went along with their teasing and laughed at their jokes.

Occasionally, Hyunseong would take this chance to push the boundaries of their act. He slipped his arm around Jeongmin’s shoulders as they chuckled over something Kwangmin said. Jeongmin briefly glanced at him, eyes bright from laughter and smile widening.

Their audience never suspected a thing. A little skinship wasn’t unusual after all.

After lunch, the act would once again be securely in place. Donghyun would return to the building for choreography practice. The group would practice the dance moves for their new song for a few hours and then take a short water break. Being the most motherly out of the six, Hyunseong would pass out water bottles to the other members as they sat on the floor, panting as though they had just run a marathon.

No one noticed that Hyunseong would always hand Jeongmin a water bottle first. No one bothered to read into the fact that Jeongmin would always let Hyunseong have the rest of his water when the older boy finished his bottle.

The day continued. Choreography practice faded into dinnertime, and Boyfriend could finally relax for a few hours. They took their time eating dinner, the sound of chopsticks tapping bowls mixing with the murmur of small talk around the table.

Soon after dinner was showers. Youngmin always showered first so he could go to sleep earlier, followed by Kwangmin and Donghyun. Minwoo would offer the shower to his hyungs first, which Jeongmin frequently accepted. Hyunseong would always refuse, insisting that Minwoo shower before he does.

With their showers done, the members retreated to their shared bedrooms, and the act would finally be lifted. Jeongmin and Hyunseong had been roommates for a long time now, and it made it a lot easier for them to keep their relationship a secret. Donghyun and Minwoo were polite enough to knock before coming in, and the twins rarely left their room after showering. Jeongmin and Hyunseong could finally treat each other as boyfriends.

Their reality lasted for less than two hours, but it was worth the several hours of effort they put into building the illusion that protected it.