Wolf (Jeongseong)

Alphabet

A/N: Double update this week <3


Hyunseong wasn’t a mean person.

It was probably how tall he was, or how broad his shoulders were, or how his poker face was a little intimidating. His classmates stayed away from him, were afraid to meet his eyes, and lowered their voices when they saw him coming their way. It was as though he was the wolf among a herd of sheep. He didn’t have any friends, but he didn’t particularly care anymore. At least they didn’t bully him.

All that changed with the transfer student who joined Hyunseong’s school one day. At first, Hyunseong thought nothing of the short and unfamiliar boy who sat in front of him. He barely paid attention when the transfer student introduced himself, choosing to think about what he was going to have for lunch instead.

It wasn’t until school ended that Hyunseong took a close look at the boy. He was walking through the halls when he heard voices. He heard something about ‘caterpillar eyebrows,’ but it was the tone of the voices that made his walking speed up slightly.

Rounding the corner, Hyunseong saw a group of students surrounding someone. He didn’t have to be a genius to know that they were trying to intimidate someone, and he wasn’t the type to just walk away without trying to help. Hyunseong cleared his throat loudly, startling the group. The students immediately backed off after seeing that it was Hyunseong, scampering down the hall as fast as they could.

Hyunseong looked away from the fleeing students to see the transfer student smiling at him. “Are you okay?” Hyunseong took a few steps closer, quickly scanning the other for injuries.

The boy’s smile widened. “I’m fine. Thanks for helping me.” He bowed slightly. “My name is Jeongmin. I believe I sit in front of you in class.”

Hyunseong inclined his head in response. “Yeah, you do. I’m Hyunseong.”

“Well, Hyunseong-sshi, I would like to repay you for helping me out today. Do burgers sound good?”

Hyunseong was taken aback for a second before replying, “You don’t have to…”

“It’s ok. I want to. Is tomorrow after school a good time?” Jeongmin gave the taller a look that said he wasn’t going to back down, and Hyunseong gave in.

“Yeah, I’ll meet you at the front entrance.”

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jeongmin smiled once more before brushing past Hyunseong. However, he paused next to the other and said, “You know, you’re not a like a big bad wolf at all. The other students really need to re-evaluate their opinion of you.” With that, he left, leaving Hyunseong staring after him with a surprised look that quickly morphed into a pleased one.