Yesterday (Dongwoo)

Alphabet

**Double Update 1/2**


It felt like it was only yesterday that Minwoo and Donghyun were celebrating their first anniversary after a year of dating. They had both taken the day off from work to spend the day together. Their phones were silenced to prevent anyone from interrupting their date, and the car was filled with gas for the hour-long drive.

It felt like it was only yesterday that Minwoo and Donghyun were going to try mountain climbing together. Neither of them had done it before, so they called a friend to guide them. The two of them were a little nervous but also excited at the thought of trying something new.

It felt like it was only yesterday that the pair were carefully scaling the rocky wall, following their friend who was calling directions from above them. Their arms and legs screamed in protest as they pushed themselves up the side of the cliff. Their fingers were sore as they gripped at jutting bits of rock so they wouldn’t fall off.

Unfortunately, that day was not a lucky day for the couple.

Minwoo was reaching for the next handhold when his feet slipped. With a startled yelp, he dropped through the air, hitting the hard ground with a sickening thud.

“Minwoo-ah!” Donghyun cried, staring down at the unmoving body in fear and worry.

After Donghyun and their guide landed safely on the ground, they rushed to Minwoo’s side. The boy never answered their words, so the guide pulled out his phone and called an ambulance. Donghyun merely stared down at Minwoo’s blank face, wanting to reach out and touch the latter but scared that it would worsen Minwoo’s injuries.

It felt like it was only yesterday that the ambulance raced for the hospital, carrying Minwoo, Donghyun, and a few paramedics who were doing their best to make sure Minwoo was stable. They paused in their work when the ambulance stopped in front of the hospital and moved the unconscious patient inside.

It felt like it was only yesterday that Donghyun was sitting in the hall, head in his hands, waiting for the doctors to come out and give him the news. He had called their friends and family beforehand, and it wasn’t long before they arrived. They settled down in the hall with Donghyun and waited.

It felt like it was only yesterday that Donghyun was being told that Minwoo was in a deep coma, and there was a high chance he would never wake up again. Minwoo’s parents had opted to keep Minwoo in the hospital out of hope.

Everything felt like it had happened only yesterday, but it had been almost a year since the accident, a week since Minwoo’s parents started giving up on their child, and one hour since Minwoo’s father pulled the plug to Minwoo’s life support.

Donghyun refused to let anyone see him cry.