Chapter 8

The Next Generation

They stopped by a town by the borders, since there wasn't an outpost, just a town. The mountains loomed over the borders that lead into Bangtan seemed scary to Mark, but he pushed passed it. He was a capitol born kid, he was supposed to be tough.

"Well, we're here," said Mark as they got a room in the local inn. "Do you think they'd cross over to find us?" He asked. "I'd think so, they'd have to know how to get here considering how winding the paths look in the mountains," said Daehyun. "I'd think so," said Youngjae. "All things considered anyway," he said. "Didn't one of them say that one of their members was an orb user?" Asked Jackson. "One that hasn't gotten his god yet," said Mark. "Hm," said Jackson.

"Well, let's go exploring to see if we can spot them," said Mark. "Do you know the name of the people you're supposed to meet?" He asked. "No," said Daehyun. "I'm sure we'll know when it's them though," he said. Mark nodded and headed out with Daehyun and Jeonghan.

It took a few minutes, but Jeonghan found them, as he growled lowly, causing Mark to look in the direction Jeonghan was facing. "I think we found them," said Mark. "I see that," said Daehyun. "Jeonghan, go get Jackson and Youngjae," said Mark. Jeonghan quickly ran back to the inn as the newcomers approached. "You guys must be the people we're meeting," said the leader of the group. "I'm Daehyun, I'm from EXO," said Daehyun. "Nice to meet you, I'm Namjoon," said Namjoon. "This is Yoongi and Hoseok," he said, nodding to the two people standing behind him. "I'm Mark, I was escorting Daehyun and his fellow guard members," said Mark. Jeonghan ran back with Youngjae and Jackson, who were out of breath.

"I have a message from two refugees in our capitol," said Mark. "They wanted to know how Jungkook was doing," he said. Namjoon smiled slightly. "Ah, Jin and Taehyung were asking weren't they? Jungkook is fine, he's frustrated at the fact that he doesn't have a god yet, but archery has proven to be a strong point for him," he said. "Tell them that we will come for them when this war is done, it is currently a losing battle right now," he said. "The more help the better I guess," he said, nodding to Daehyun and company. Mark nodded, turning to Daehyun. "Good luck, and stay safe you three," he said, smiling slightly. Daehyun smiled some. "You too kid," he said. Mark whistled for Jeonghan before he left, heading back to the capitol.

Mark stopped by the capitol to let the queen know that the was successful before going to let Jin and Taehyung know of the message that Namjoon had for them. He was exhausted, having only stopped for a couple hours to gain some energy back. Jeonghan was even tired as they stopped at home to recoup. "We're only staying for a day," said Mark as he went into his room. "The queen expects us to be gone by tomorrow, back to the southern borders," he said before he passed out on his bed. Jeonghan lay on the floor beside Mark's bed, falling asleep immediately.

The next day Mark prepared to head back to the southern borders with Jeonghan. He made sure he had his bow and his bag with the built in quiver that Ren had given him when he made it into the guard. "Well, let's go Jeonghan," he said before he left the apartment building with Jeonghan walking beside him.

"Mark-hyung!" Said Sehun as he ran over with Aron pulling a cart behind him. "Oh, hello Sehun-ah," said Mark. "What's up?" He asked. "I'm heading out for a hunt, didn't know you were back," said Sehun. "I'm leaving actually, the queen only allowed me to rest here for a day," said Mark. "Oh," said Sehun. "Stay safe," he said as they reached the gates. "You too, and good luck," said Mark as they parted ways, heading different directions.

Once he reached the borders JR came out to meet him. "You look tired," said JR. "I went nonstop from here to the capitol then the capitol to the northern borders, of course I'm tired," said Mark as he scratched the back of his head. "Oh, I see you went to get the bag with the quiver," said JR. Mark smiled some. "Yeah, how's the border?" He asked. "Quiet, we may send you guys back because of it," said JR. "Mm," said Mark. "Go get some sleep, you look like you need it," said JR. "Thanks," said Mark before he went into the barracks. He passed out on one of the top bunks with Jeonghan on the bottom bunk.