Chapter 32

The Next Generation

Mark was trying to figure out how to fight whatever hold Youngjae had on his mind. Doyoung and Jungkook made it their mission to help him fight the hold that Youngjae had on his mind. Yoongi and Hoseok were helping, wanting to break the hold on Mark's mind and get his voice back. Jackson provided some input on how Youngjae's magic worked, even though he had limited information on it.

Jackson was helping Taeil with planning on taking the capitol back again, giving input on how the troops in EXO worked. "Youngjae isn't just known for his magic, he only uses it on prisoners," he said. "But if we ever get into battle with him we need to watch out for Mark," he said. "He's still under his control, so we have to keep Mark away from him," he said. "I don't know if there is a way to fight his magic but we will damn well try," he said. "How do you suppose we do that?" Asked Taeil. "First priority is to kill Youngjae," said Jackson. "We need someone to sniff him out," he said. "Go in and kill him without alerting everyone else," he said. "That's easy for our two assassins," said Taeil. "We can't send Mark out or else Youngjae may use his mind control magic on him," he said. Jackson nodded in agreement. "We take out Youngjae, we take out the driving person behind the enemy," he said. "It's settled then," said Taeil before he left to inform Baekho and Jaehyun.

Mark was determined to help his friends and guard members in anyway he could, despite not having a voice. He was more concerned with getting Jin's healing back, despite not knowing a thing about it or how it works. "It's no use Mark-ah," said Jin as he sighed. Mark shook his head. He grabbed his pen and notebook and started writing down something. Jin watched with a tilt of his head. I want you to be able to use your healing magic again, I want to help you get it back, Mark wrote before showing it to Jin. Jin sighed. "Okay," he said. "Let's do this again," he said.

Doyoung and Jungkook were having a spar in martial arts, trying to see who was better. Yoongi and Hoseok were watching the spar, cheering Jungkook on. Doyoung wasn't a master at martial arts, but he was giving Jungkook, who trained since he was 10, a run for his money. "Go Kookie!" Said Hoseok. Jungkook huffed, throwing punches here and there. Doyoung dodged and blocked as he laughs. "Well, you're outmatched it seems," he said. "Shut up!" Said Jungkook as he pushed forward with punches and kicks. Doyoung moved around Jungkook before kicking him in the back of the knees and putting a fist to his neck. "Done," he said. Jungkook panted, glaring at Doyoung. "Where did you learn that martial arts from?" He asked. "Ren," said Doyoung as he helped Jungkook stand. "He was training for years, as he couldn't focus on long range all the time," he said. "Mm," said Jungkook.

Taeyong and Taehyung were out scouting the capitol, sneaking in with disguises. They had to wear cloaks with hoods covering their heads, and didn't speak much when they ran into people. They went to the graveyard to see if they did anything to the plaque. Taeyong removed his hood as he stood in front of the plaque. "At least they didn't destroy this," he mumbled. "Mm," said Taehyung as he removed his hood. "We can't be here long," he said as he turned to Taeyong. "I won't be much longer," said Taeyong as he brushed his fingers over the last guard's names. "I bet you guys didn't expect Baekho to be the one to live huh guys?" He asked with a chuckle. "I'm sure that answer will come later from Doyoung and Jungkook," he said. "Well, let's go and get some supplies," he said before putting the hood back on his head and leaving. Taehyung did the same thing and followed after him.

Jimin was with Jaehyun and Baekho as they both sparred in their animal forms. It was a regular thing, as Jaehyun had to work around a smaller opponent while Baekho had to work around a larger opponent. It was rare to find shapeshifters now, but it was good to be prepared. Jimin wasn't sure who to cheer on but he watched the spar with interest. Baekho had just landed on Jaehyun's back with the attempt at biting down on his neck though they had no intention to kill each other when Taeil came over. "How long have they been sparring?" Asked Taeil. Jimin shrugs. "15 minutes it looks like," he said. "I'm only here in case things get too out of hand," he said.

"How's Jin-hyung?" He asked. Jaehyun tried to buck Baekho off his back as he tried to reach back to swipe at Baekho. The only rule the both of them had was they had to keep their claws retracted. It proved difficult for Baekho to stay on Jaehyun's back but he worked around it somehow as he was nearly thrown off Jaehyun's back. "Jin's fine," said Taeil as he watched the spar. "Mark is determined to get him to at least start healing again but we don't know what caused his healing to completely stop in the first place," he said. "I think I know," said Jimin. "Jin prides himself in his healing," he said. "When Mark got shot with the arrow he did everything he could to keep Mark alive," he said. "It was failing then I remember," he said. "He was getting tired earlier even with all the rest we were getting," he said. "When Mark had to go to the hospital he lost it," he said. "Jaehyun told me what happened the night Mark was rushed to the hospital," he said.

 

~



Jungkook woke with a start as he heard Xiumin call for him in his mind. "What's up?" He asked, sitting up. Mark was rushed to the hospital, let everyone else know, came Xiumin's reply. Jungkook hopped down from the bunk he was sleeping in, waking Taehyung in the process. He ran into Jaehyun and Jin's room, waking them both quickly. "Mark was rushed to the hospital, we need to go see him," he said. Jaehyun sat up, hitting his head on the bottom of the top bunk. "Ow," grumbled Jaehyun as he went to get dressed. Jin hopped down from the bunk rushing to get dressed. Jungkook went to get dressed, letting Taehyung know what had happened.

Jin was having a mental breakdown, as he fell to his knees. Jaehyun stayed behind with Jin while Taehyung and Jungkook went ahead to the hospital being guided by Xiumin. Jaehyun tried to snap him out of it. "Hyung," he said. "You need to snap out of it, Mark is going to be fine," he said. Jin sobbed, feeling useless. "I wish we could've seen this," he cried. "I wish... I wish we would've been able to do more," he said. Jaehyun hugged him. "It's alright," he said. "You got Mark well enough to get back to the capitol," he said. "Don't feel bad, this wasn't your fault," he said. "None of this was yours or Jimin's fault," he said. "I know you may think it is but it's not," he said. "Right now Mark needs us to be there for him, we need to be strong for him okay?" He asked. Jin nodded, and Jaehyun took him to the hospital.

 

~



"Mm," said Taeil as he watched as Jaehyun successfully threw Baekho off his back. "Guys, we need you," he said as Jaehyun was about to rush at Baekho. Baekho and Jaehyun both turn to look at Taeil. "We need you for an assassination mission," said Taeil. They both nod. "Jackson knows where Youngjae is, we need you to kill him," said Taeil. "Go get changed and get some rest, you're heading out tomorrow," he said. Baekho and Jaehyun nod before going inside to change and clean up.

Taehyung and Taeyong came back near dinner time with supplies. "Welcome back guys," said Jin. Mark went over, tackling Taeyong. "Hey Mark," said Taeyong. "Hello Jin-hyung," he said. "How are things back at the capitol?" Asked Jin. "Fine," said Taeyong. "They aren't really doing anything, business is going as usual but the palace is heavily guarded," he said. "Got some supplies, had to stop by Yezi's to get some shopping done," he said. "It was a big dangerous for us, but we got it," he said. "We got dinner for tonight and some food for tomorrow," he said. "Where's Taeil-hyung?" He asked. "In the kitchen, is he cooking tonight?" Asked Jin. Taeyong nodded before going inside.