Chapter 30

The Next Generation

Thanks to Hoseok coming back, Jimin was able to heal Yoongi to his full strength, though no one could figure out why Jin couldn't access his healing magic. Doyoung and Jungkook were at loss as to what to do, but they wondered if they could get their own spirit guides as Jackson helped out with providing information about the enemy.

"Jin-hyung," said Taeil as he turned to Jin. "Don't stress yourself out over losing your healing magic, that only makes it worse," he said. "Sorry," said Jin. "I just hate feeling useless," he said, sighing. "You are not useless," said Taeil. "Don't worry about it alright?" He asked. Jin nodded.

Jaehyun and Baekho were out hunting in their animal forms, knowing they were running low on food. They had learned to communicate in their animal forms through growls and grunts and how many scratches on the floor they did. Baekho was currently after a herd of deer, Jaehyun staying behind to take down the deer when Baekho sent them his way. Two deer were sent Jaehyun's way as Baekho chased after them. He pounced on one while Baekho pounced on the other, both snapping the deer's necks. They both turn to each other, baring their teeth in smirks as they moved off their deer. They grab the deer, dragging it back to camp.

"Ooh, two deer today," said Doyoung as Baekho and Jaehyun appeared with their deer. Yoongi and Taeyong came out to take the deer to a spot they designated for the skinning and cutting the deer. Jaehyun and Baekho went to change and get dressed, coming out with grins. "You guys's teamwork is going good," said Doyoung. "It comes with being shapeshifters, we tend to work the best together," said Baekho.

"Did Mark wake up yet?" Asked Jaehyun. "No," said Doyoung. "Jackson says it takes a bit for Mark to come back to us," he said. "His mindset was pretty damaged, but hopefully when he wakes up he should be okay," he said. "Especially since Hobi's back," he said. "Mm," said Jaehyun. Baekho nodded some, and decided to scout the area. Jaehyun took a break for a bit, going up to the roof and laying down on it, looking up at the sky.

Mark woke up with a start, sitting up with a gasp. Jin had been keeping an eye on him, and came over. "Are you okay?" He asked. Mark looked at Jin, his eyes wide. He nodded. Jin tilted his head. "Can you speak?" He asked. Mark opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out as a small whimper escaped him. "What did Youngjae do to ya kid?" Jin asked softly as he put a hand on Mark's shoulder. Mark looked down, sighing.

Jeonghan went over to his master, whimpering. Mark smiled at his dog, reaching out to pet him. Jeonghan Mark's hand, his tail wagging. "I'm going to get you something to eat okay?" Asked Jin. Mark nodded, moving to the floor and hugging his dog. Jin shook his head and left the room to see what he could get for Mark to eat. Jackson walked into the room, hearing from Jin that Mark was awake. "Hey there kiddo," he said. Mark looked up at Jackson, his head tilting to the side. "I saved ya, and I brought back a friend too," said Jackson. Hoseok walked into the room, smiling some at Mark. Mark looked over, spotting Hoseok and got up, running over to Hoseok and tackling him. "Hey Mark-ah," said Hoseok as he laughs. "I'm sorry I couldn't get to you earlier," he said. "I think I would've been able to save you if that was the case," he said. Mark nodded, looking down. "Don't fret over it for now alright? Come on, Jin-hyung probably has food for you already," he said, taking Mark's hand and walking out of the room.

"Good to see you're awake Mark," said Doyoung as he saw Mark. Mark nodded, smiling slightly. Doyoung tilted his head to the side. "You can't speak?" He asked. Mark shook his head no. "Hm," said Doyoung. Jungkook walked over to them, smiling slightly at Mark. "Hey Mark-ah," he said. "Jin's making deer stew," he said. Mark blinked. "Taeyong told him the recipe, hopefully he makes it correctly," Jungkook said with a chuckle. Mark laughs, scratching the back of his head. "Wonder what happened to your voice," mumbled Jungkook as he looked thoughtful. Mark shrugs, looking down. "Don't worry about it for now," said Hoseok as he put a hand on Mark's shoulder. "Let's see if anyone needs help with anything," he said before taking Mark to find the others. Jackson was left to stand there awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"Any luck with getting your own spirit guides?" Asked Jackson as he turned to Doyoung. Doyoung shook his head. "We have communication with everyone in the spirit world, but we can't summon them," he said. I don't know why it's just with those that Kris chooses, it's a bit odd," he said. "Kris doesn't know either," said Jackson. "But he says to keep an eye on Mark, something isn't right with him," he said. Doyoung nodded. "Is that why Hobi is technically back?" He asked. Jackson shrugs. "Possibly," he said. "I don't know," he said. "Hm," said Doyoung.

Jungkook had gone to join Jaehyun up on the roof, sitting beside him. "Why'd you call me hyung earlier?" Asked Jaehyun as he turned his head to look at Jungkook. "I know I'm only 7 months older than you, but seriously, we're the same age," he said, chuckling some. Jungkook laughs. "I'm just used to calling everyone hyung I guess," he said. "It's a habit," he said. "And I didn't know how else to get your attention," he said.

Mark ended up walking around with Yoongi, Hoseok having to go back to Jackson because he couldn't go long distances away without poofing. Jeonghan was with them, just wanting to stick near his master. Yoongi enjoyed the silence, though he wished he wasn't having a one sided conversation when he did speak. "I'm sorry I wasn't well enough to go hunting with you when you were captured," he said, turning his head slightly to look at Mark. Mark shrugs, looking over at Yoongi. "I know I probably needed to sit back and rest after that arrow to my back but at least I bounced back," said Yoongi as he scratched the back of his head. "I know I shouldn't worry about it now since you're back, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while," he said. Mark nodded.

Doyoung was sent to get them, smiling slightly at Mark before nodding at Yoongi. "Dinner's ready, Jin-hyung sent me to find you," he said. Mark nodded. "Lead the way back," said Yoongi. Doyoung nodded and walked back with Mark and Yoongi following after him.

Dinner was quiet, no one wanting to talk much. Mark was in his own world as he ate, his dog eating beside him. "We'll take back the capitol," said Jin. "We have to," said Taeyong. "As a member of the queen's guard, we failed in protecting the capitol," he said. "We will take back our kingdom," said Taeil. Mark nodded. Doyoung held his hand out. "To getting back our kingdom," he said. Everyone put their hand on top of Doyoung's hand. "To taking back the kingdom!" Said everyone but Mark, who could only smile.