Remember

Snow Angel

He straight lined it to his apartment, words never exchanged between us besides the slight squeezes he would give my hand here and there.
My mind raced with possibilities that would have flipped his cheerful happy vibe to a serious one. I racked my brain and tried to think exactly what would happen and what he would share with me. I bit my lip in frustration and mentally sighed as I came up with blanks every time.
For the life of me, I just couldn’t figure out what this was about but it seemed serious to him, which made me extremely nervous.

We entered his apartment and he led me into his bedroom and sat me down on his bed as he took a seat next to his desk. I fiddled my thumbs endlessly, the anxiety slipping out of every pore as I looked everywhere in the room but him. The floor had caught my attention as I stared hard at it, already knowing Jeonghans gaze was on me.

I was never one for confrontations, it made me an anxious wreck, it felt as if I wanted to escape but was backed up against the wall.
I thought and dragged my eyes up to meet his.

He stared intensly at me, as if he was trying to read me which completely baffled me because I could feel I looked like a wreck on the outside. It’s like he was searching for something more in my eyes that I just couldn’t comprehend.
His eyebrows furrowed as he brought his hand over his eyes, letting out a ashamed sounding sigh.
I grasped my hands in one another tightly and gave in, “Why am I here Jeonghan??” I asked desperately, I couldn’t deal with this suspense any longer.
My words shook him out of his down daze and he brought his eyes back up to mine, clearing his throat lightly and gulped. As if the words he would pour out of his mouth right at this very moment were going to be his last.
I tilted my head in a curious yet frustrated sense, the headache already starting to show up.

“I’m...not sure how to tell you this…” he sighed once again and looked towards the floor hard, “I mean I know how...I just don’t know how…” he trailed off as he stared back up at me again. I held his gaze and tried to figure exactly what kind of emotions were swirling inside of him right now.

Disappointment? Anger? Sadness? A hint of guilt?
But why?...

He grasped his shoulder timorously as he tried to find the words to speak and say his thoughts properly.
“Remember when I saved you? The first time we met?”, he asked lowly and I responded with a slow nod not sure where this was going. “Well, it wasn’t the first time exactly…” he said every word with hesitation and ended his sentence as he looked directly into my eyes, waiting for a response.
My brows knit together in confusion with his words, “...have we bumped into each other before?” I asked curiously, biting my lip as I thought about some instances where that could have happened.

I mean we live in the same apartment complex for crying out loud.
Jeonghan rapidly shook his head, his hair turning into an untamed mess, “No! I mean...…” he sighed with defeat and looked out the window, pulling the ends of his hair in frustration.
“We were best friends…” he muttered lowly, so low I could’ve actually missed what he had said.
His words didn’t process immediately inside my head, there was about a minute delay where I was in limbo trying to register.
Best friends?

But how?
I stared at him, feeling anger gurgling inside my stomach, feeling as if he was playing some sick joke at me.
I stood up which made him turn back at me in shock, “You know whatever joke you’re pulling Jeonghan, it isn’t funny!” I half yelled, feeling this weird intense rage surge through my body. I could feel myself trembling as I stared him down. His eyebrows rose as he did as well, he placed his hands on my shoulders grasping tightly.
“Why would I ever pull a sick joke on you?? We were childhood friends!” he shook my slightly, as if he was trying to shake me into realization.

I stared at him hard, trying to remember if I even had any recollection of him in my memories.
But it was all so hazy, I tried as hard as I could but it was as if there was a fog clouding up my memories.
And then I felt it, such an intense pain coming from my head, the room felt as if it was spinning.
I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out and slowly the floor beneath me… wasn’t beneath me anymore.
All I felt was a hard knock against the floor and everything went black.



Finally updated! Enjoy guys, I'm so sorry for the long wait