Baby, it's cold outside

Snow Angel

Sighing into my scarf I hugged myself as I walked. Why was it so damn cold?
Why did I decide to go out on this day of all days to just buy some damn milk? I usually loved the cold but today no ing thanks!
I walked cautiously, even though the ground was blanketed in beautiful snow there was still ice. And I did not want to head to the emergency room today. 
Nooope. 
The wind picked up and my hair whipped my already red ears wildly, my nose was already on its way. 
Rudolf the red nosed reindeer here I come.
Shivering at the cold air I sighed once again. Why did everything look so beautiful but why did it have to feel like an icy hell? 

I probably looked a mess, my hair already felt like an uncaged animal on my head. Pretty sure my wavey locks weren't behaving and to make matters worse I was bare-faced. Oh well, not like I was trying to impress anyone anyways.

The snow started to dance down from the sky even more violently but there just a block away I saw my sweet escape! 
The lights of the supermarket seemed like heaven to me at this very moment.
Excitement flowed through me as I picked up my pace, he gives if my hair was already slipping out of my hair tie and becoming an even more unruly mess, anything to get me into warmth. 
I practically sprinted the rest of the way forgetting about the death traps that could potentially be beneath me.
Silly me.

Stepping off a slightly elevated piece of sidewalk came my worst enemy. Don't be fooled by the beautiful snow on the ground because hiding underneath was an evil storm of ice. And it definitely had it in for me.
Isn't it crazy how one second you can be walking just fine, your perspective of the world just beautiful and dandy and then the next the world is slipping right from under your feet? What do you even do in moments like these? Flail your arms in hopes that some magical object comes within arms reach and you grab onto it? Or do you just ragdoll it and say it I'm doomed anyway/

.

Slowly the sky came into view, snowflakes landed on my face and the breeze danced around me. This actually feels kind of nice. Weird right but everything just feels so... 
So serene.
Is this what it feels like before you die? Everything looks so beautiful or is it just the fact that sanity is slipping from your grasp just as I'm slipping from the floor? This is like one of those cliche movie moments where the girl slips and falls and everything feels like it's in slow motion. I just hope this moment gets even more cliche and I'm saved by a saint. 
Please let it be one of those moments..
I closed my eyes ready to accept my fate, it felt like I was falling forever but I knew the pavement was coming.
 

...or maybe not? 
Thank you.
 

Instead of the ground beneath me I felt arms, toned one's at that. Actually any arms would've sufficed as long as I wasn't dead. 
My eyes fluttered open, everything looked so bright but as my eyes adjusted back to daylight into focus came a man. 

Maybe I did die.
This can't be real, who are you?
I stared up at him, blinking ever so slightly. 

His facial features covered in worry, beautiful burgundy/brown hair engulfed his face, his face and all it's glory was flawless. His mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything. All I could do was stare in awe, how could someone be this gorgeous. 
How rude of me to stare but how could I not? He was gorgeous, so very handsome. 
He slowly straightened me out and helped me stand.Then it hit me, the rush of sound came flowing into my ears, the wind, the cars and lastly his voice.
 

Beautiful, soothing and so calming. It was the most incredible sound I ever heard..
 

"Tell me you're alright.." he breathed out as if he was out of breath, brows furrowed together making the cutest face I had ever seen.
"You didn't hurt yourself right..?" he questioned and looked me over examining me making sure there wasn't even a scratch on me. 
After a moment of processing what he said I shook my head somewhat frantically just realizing this man was practically dying of worry for me.
This is no time to be stupid Genesis.
"No, you caught me right on time" I smiled reassuringly at him and spinning to show him I was completely intact and then...he smiled back.
Wow.
"That's a relief, I'm glad you're alright" he beamed and gave me the brightest smile ever. I feel like the term butterflies in my stomach would be an extremely loose feeling to describe what I was feeling. His smile felt like it could melt anyone to the ground, how could I feel like this from meeting him for the first time??
Composing myself I looked up at him and smiled 
"Yes, thank you so much..um.." I stopped remembering I didn't know this mans name and hoped he took the hint and would give it to me.
"...Oh! Sorry, I was so worried I never mentioned my name, it's Jeonghan." he chuckled slightly.
 

Jeonghan, the angel whose arms I fell into.