I'm Here To Stay

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three classes passed so slowly they felt like three years. Thankfully though, Sarang had Kyungsoo in all her classes since they were both majoring in Architecture and they had always been registering for the same classes since their very first semester, so having him around made it more tolerable.

“No but really,” Sarang spoke as the two walked down the hall, “I should be glad classes started again so I could see you,” she said with a hint of disappointment.

Sarang was telling Kyungsoo about him never coming around lately, and barely even talking to her on the phone. She missed him.

“I just thought you’d be busy” he shrugged.

“Too busy to even see you? Come on, am I that bad?”

“That’s not what I meant” he ruffled her hair lightly. “I mean marriage and moving away must have taken all your time.”

Sarang sighed… marriage changed nothing about her life actually. Except that it made her feel worse but she was in no means busier.

“Don’t talk as if we’re not close,” she nudged him with her elbow. “You make it seem like we’d simply stop being friends. I wouldn’t want for that to happen.”

Kyungsoo smiled with relief, “Me neither” he confirmed.

At first he thought Sarang would stop being friends with him, and that she’d only care about her husband and house and she’d totally forget about their friendship. But seeing this was not the case made him feel better.

“Then how about we go eat lunch together?” she suggested. “I can call the rest if you want to.”

“Ah really?” his eyes shined since he was really hoping they’d gather up soon.

“Of course!” she nodded.

“Alright then, let’s go.”

Sarang climbed into the passenger’s seat of Kyungsoo’s black Maserati as he started the engine and drove off.

 

***

 

As soon as the two took their seats in the restaurant, Sarang heard a loud laughter that caught her attention. She glanced toward the source and did a double take.

Chanyeol was sitting across the place with his three friends as they were having lunch together. It was the first time she had seen him like that. He wasn’t looking uncomfortable or annoyed and he wasn’t even frowning like he’d usually be around her.

He was laughing and enjoying his time with the rest of them. It looked like for once he was being himself, his real self that she had yet to meet.

That relaxed expression and what she found out to be a beautiful laughter warmed her heart. She never knew just looking at him being happy would be so satisfying.

“Now you’re smiling that cute smile,” Kyungsoo involuntarily smiled too when he saw her like that as he glanced back to follow her vision but couldn’t find what made her like that.

“Ah really?” she shook her head and came back to reality, “I must have zoned out.”

“Let’s order” he handed her a menu and opened the other to examine it.

 

 

 

The four guys were having lunch together. They were chatting and laughing when Chanyeol’s phone vibrated indicating he received a text message.

Where are you? You don’t come around anymore… and you don’t answer my calls L- Hwasoo

Chanyeol sighed. He locked his phone after reading the text message and decided to ignore it.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked, “What was it about?”

“Nothing important” he tried to dismiss it but Sehun quickly spoke.

“Hwasoo, isn’t it?” he asked.

The three of them looked at him then Baekhyun and Lay looked at Chanyeol expecting an answer.

“Yeah,” he finally said. “I don’t know why her obsession with me grew after I got married” he was annoyed.

“Maybe she really likes you,” Baekhyun shrugged as he chewed his food.

“Why can’t she understand that there will never be anything between us?”

“You need to completely cut her off instead of keeping her hanging,” Sehun said before he gulped down his soda.

Chanyeol was about to answer but Lay spoke first.

“Isn’t that…” he squinted trying to make sure.

“Kim Sarang” Baekhyun finished the sentence.

Chanyeol stopped chewing and followed the other’s vision. On the other side of the restaurant there was Kim Sarang having lunch with someone. A guy.

For some reason he almost choked on his food when that guy suddenly extended his hand and touched Sarang’s lips. She didn’t move back, she didn’t object to his move.

“Eh? Who’s that” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, “Is she going out with that dude?” he turned to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol remembered the guy’s face. He had seen them together in the nightclub too. Were they really going out together? Was he… her boyfriend?

“Who cares?” Chanyeol casually shrugged as if he doesn’t care but his face showed otherwise.

Lay, Baekhyun and Sehun exchanged looks. They knew him well and he was obviously bothered by what he saw which made them secretly happy because it meant he wasn’t totally indifferent about Sarang, even if he tried to show that he was.

“She won’t stay single forever, right?” Sehun asked the two trying to hide his smirk.

“Of course!” Lay agreed. “She won’t be waiting for Chanyeol forever. She already tried being nice to him for quite some time but he ignored her.”

“Right,” Baekhyun agreed too, “She has the right to be loved and taken care of by another man if her own husband keeps rejecting her.”

The other two kept nodding.

“He looks decent,” Lay added.

“Right, he doesn’t seem like a bad boy. Looks like he’s treating her nicely,” Sehun made an impressed expression.

“Come to think of it, she’s pretty and nice, he’d be stupid not to treat her nicely,” Baekhyun half smirked.

Chanyeol put down his glass harshly after he gulped down his drink.

“I’m going to the rest room,” he muttered and left the three of them secretly laughing. They wanted him to open up to a new girl and they knew Sarang would be the one.

 

 

Sarang washed her hands and dried them, then she fixed her hair and her lipstick that was already gone after she ate her meal. She smiled to herself when an image of happy Chanyeol crossed her mind. He seemed really adorable and she just wished he’d act like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter