Déjà-vu!

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang checked her phone again, there were no notifications. No calls or text messages.

She fidgeted in her bed. Something was bothering her but she didn’t quite know what it was.

It was past ten and even though last night Chanyeol said he wanted to go out with her again, he hadn’t called or even picked up her call.

She mentally slapped herself.

Why did she call him? She felt embarrassed.

Then, unknowingly, a smile crept up her face when she remembered last night. It was so much fun and Chanyeol was the nicest gentleman she had ever met.

He was funny and nice and gentle. He was unbelievably handsome. And most importantly, he treated her so right.

He made her laugh a lot, made sure she wasn’t hungry or cold or even bored.

He sang for her even though she lost, and later that night he carried her on his back because she was tired.

Sarang’s heart fluttered as she remembered the feeling of her hands holding onto his broad shoulders and her legs wrapped around his torso.

He carried her effortlessly. He was very y, she had to admit, and his manly scent was something she could get used to.

Sarang found herself biting her lip, trying to suppress a smile.

“Ahh what am I doing?” she mumbled as she shook her hair with frustration.

She didn’t know why she spent the whole day waiting for Chanyeol to call her, anticipating it.

Just when she lost hope, Sarang’s phone vibrated in her hand. She glanced quickly at the screen and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Chanyeol’s name written on it.

I heard there’s someone outside, down your bedroom window OvO

“Eh..?” Sarang tilted her head confusedly but she was already smiling. She got up of her bed and moved the curtains a bit so she could look outside.

It was really dark outside but when she squinted she noticed a medium sized stuffed teddy bear left by the streetlamp across the street.

“Oh my god,” a soft gasp left Sarang’s mouth.

Her phone buzzed again.

Are you going to leave him alone? He’s waiting for you…

Sarang laughed. She quickly changed into denim jeans and a white t-shirt before she pulled her hair into a messy ponytail and put on her slip ons.

Sarang knew that if her mom saw her she’d throw a lecture, so she opened her bedroom door carefully and looked both sides before stepping out.

She tiptoed along the empty corridor. Her parents were probably in their room already.

She got a mini-heart-attack as she almost dropped a vase on the ground but was lucky enough to catch it before it could hit the floor.

“Jesus,” she took a moment to breathe before she continued her way outside slowly and carefully.

When she finally managed to sneak out, Sarang ran to the little teddy bear. She squealed as she held it. It was white with a pink nose.

There was something between its hands. An envelope.

She opened it quickly, it had a ‘to the left’ sign.

“Huh?” she turned her head to the left. By the other streetlamp there was something but she couldn’t make it out so she took quick steps toward it, suddenly feeling excited.

As she got closer the shape of the object became clearer. It was heart shaped box. A chocolate box.

“Oh my god…” she laughed again as she opened it. Inside the box, above the chocolates, there was another envelope and it also had the same sign.

Sarang carried her teddy bear and the box of chocolate as she walked up to the next streetlamp. There was nothing there. She looked to her left then to the right. There was nothing.

But before she could move, Sarang was startled when she felt a large figure standing behind her.

“Don’t be scared,” he whispered as he offered her a red rose.

Sarang turned around immediately, her eyes wide.

The streetlight shined over Chanyeol’s head, it shadowed half of his face but lit up the other half, and for a second she could swear her heart had stopped beating.

“He was getting scared out there,” Chanyeol tried to put on a serious face as he tapped the teddy bear’s head. “He thought you didn’t want to see him.”

“Tshh,” Sarang frowned, “Maybe he should have came earlier.”

“I know,” Chanyeol nodded, “He really, really, wanted to come but he got a little busy at work.”

Sarang failed to suppress a laugh making Chanyeol laugh too.

“I’m a nice person, I’ll forgive him,” she stuck out her tongue teasingly.

“Ahh he’s very thankful!” he laughed.

 

~

 

On the road, driving along the empty streets, the front windows pulled down, letting in the cool breeze, Sarang let out a long breath.

Her hair was blowing as she sang out loud along to every song that came on the radio. It was close to midnight but she didn’t care. She owned the night, she was careless and free.

Chanyeol would glance at her every few minutes and smile. There was nothing he loved more than seeing her happy like that, like she should be.

She was pretty. She was so pretty, prettier than the moonlight and the rose she held in her hand. Her eyes shone brighter than the stars and there was something fascinating about them.

“I love this!” Sarang spoke loudly so that Chanyeol could hear, because the music was already loud.

“Me too!” he yelled, “I love it!”

 

~

 

Sarang took a sip of her beer then she offered it to Chanyeol who took a gulp. They had the car parked somewhere and they just sat there together enjoying the silence of the deep night.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked Sarang who rubbed her eyes, “Are you feeling sleepy?”

Sarang shook her head.

“It’s just that it suddenly felt like déjà-vu,” Sarang shook her head feeling astonished, “This exact moment. The car and the comfortable silence and us sharing a beer,” she moved her hands between the two of them, “It just felt so vivid.”

Chanyeol caught his breath. Did she remember? He found himself hopeful.

“But it happens, I guess,” she shrugged, “The déjà-vu phenomenon, I mean,” she breathed a laugh.

“Oh… yeah.”

“Hey,” Sarang turned her head to Chanyeol who looked deep in his thoughts. “You still haven’t told me your story.”

“My story?” Chanyeol asked.

“Hmm,” she nodded, “Sometimes I see sadness in your eyes,” she said, “There must be a story behind that.”

Chanyeol smiled weakly but he didn’t know what to say.

“You fell in love with someone,” she started, “But?” she asked, “What happened then?”

“She forgot about me,” Chanyeol answered.

Sarang thought for a moment, “If she moved on then…” she turned to Chanyeol with a frown, “Did you hurt her?”

Chanyeol looked guiltily at his fingers.

“I did, a lot,” he admitted, “Ever since the first time I saw her.”

“Ehh?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter