Afire Love

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang checked her phone for the time; it was five minutes to eight.

She wanted to fight it but she couldn’t anymore.

“I’m going out for a while,” she stood up, interrupting a conversation she didn’t even notice as she was deep in her thoughts. Everyone turned to look at her.

“Where are you going, dear?” her mom asked.

Sarang scratched her brow, “Uh… I want ice cream,” she said, for some reason feeling shy for not being able to fight her cravings. She just really, really wanted ice cream.

“Now?” Sarang’s mom asked, checking her wristwatch.

“Mom it’s just eight,” Sarang defended, “And the ice cream store is down the street. And I’m not a kid anymore oh my gosh what’s wrong with going out now?”

Chanyeol choked a laugh. She’s not a kid but she’s arguing for ice cream.

“I’ll go with her,” Chanyeol laughed.

“I said I’m not a kid,” Sarang frowned, “I can go by myself!”

Sarang’s mom studied her daughter’s face. “There’s no need to get so defensive,” she said, “No one said anything wrong.”

Sarang realized that. She took a deep breath, internally cursing those hormones that made her like that.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

 

 

Chanyeol and Sarang walked side to side. The night wasn’t that cold. There were stars and a full moon above them.

“Where’s that place?” Chanyeol asked.

“Right there,” Sarang pointed at the end of the street. It was a small place with a neon pink sign above it. He couldn’t read what it said, they were still far.

“Is their ice cream good?” he asked, doubtfully.

Sarang’s face lit up. She stopped and looked at him, “The best!” she smiled, excitedly.

Chanyeol’s heart flipped. She had been ignoring him the whole time, and she’d glare at him every time their eyes met but now she smiled and it felt like it’s been years since she did.

“Sarang-ah,” he called their name as they continued walking, “I don’t like you staying with that guy,” he said.

“I’ll move out soon,” she answered absentminded, forgetting to yell at him that it’s none of his business and that she doesn’t care about what he likes and what he doesn’t. She was busy taking out money from her pocket. She wanted to make sure she brought enough.

“No, Sarang,” Chanyeol stopped walking. She stopped too and looked at him with questioning eyes. “I don’t mean you should just move out of there,” he said, “Your place is with me.”

Sarang frowned, only now realizing the topic.

“It’s not,” she refused.

“It is,” he insisted, “It’s fate… remember?” he asked, “Didn’t you say we were fated? Didn’t you say it must have happened for a reason?”

“Didn’t you say it was stupid bull to think that way?” she asked.

Sarang didn’t wait for him to answer. She went to the ice cream shop, eager to eat some.

A few minutes later, she came out with two ice creams; one was strawberry flavored, and the other was chocolate.

“You got me one?” Chanyeol smiled like a happy kid.

“Tshh did not!” Sarang pulled them to her chest, “They’re both mine.”

Chanyeol’s lips parted in disbelief, “You’re kidding right?” he asked then he narrowed his eyes, “Stop lying, Sarang, you even brought my favorite flavor,” he said, snatching the chocolate one away.

“Yah!” she reached to take it away but Chanyeol effortlessly raised his hand making it impossible for Sarang to reach it.

“Fine,” she said reluctantly, “Just eat it.”

 

Sarang and Chanyeol sat on the stairs outside her parents’ house. They were both enjoying their ice creams silently.

“The moon looks so beautiful tonight,” Chanyeol said.

Sarang glanced at him, he was looking up, a soft smile on his face.

“Chanyeol-ah,” she called his name.

He looked at her, “Hmm?”

She wanted to tell him that he was more beautiful, that she could watch his eyes until the moon disappeared and the sun came up.

He was breathtaking. She missed him. She loved him.

Sarang pointed at his chocolate ice cream, “I want some,” she said.

Chanyeol looked at his ice cream then at her and breathed a laugh.

“Here,” he held it out for her and watched her face.

She leaned in slowly taking in the ice cream in between her parted lips. She on it and made a noise enjoying the heavenly taste.

Chanyeol’s hand shook. He almost choked on his own saliva and only then Sarang realized. She sprang back and sat straight with her eyes widened.

“Holy ,” he cursed underneath his breath but she heard it.

Her face flushed knowing exactly what was going on in Chanyeol’s mind. He remembered something, he wanted the same thing again. She knew it from the way he his lips then bit the lower one.

Sarang stood up quickly rushing up the stairs.

“Don’t you want some more?” Chanyeol yelled from downstairs, teasing.

“No!” she yelled back before going in.

 

~

 

“We should have asked Sarang to come too,” Yoonseul said, feeling bad.

She had suggested they bring Sarang to watch a movie then hang out at the mall with them since they were having a girls’ night out but Yerim refused.

“She’s visiting her parents tonight,” Yerim said for the nth time.

“So?” Yoonseul asked.

Yerim took a deep breath before speaking, “Chanyeol went there,” she finally said.

“What?!” Yoonseul stopped walking, startling her sister that was hanging out with them. She had no idea what was going on but she still listened. “How did he know she was there?” Yoonseul asked.

Yerim looked at her nails like she had nothing to do with anything.

“Yerim-ah,” Yoonseul called her name with disbelief, “You did that, didn’t you?” she asked, “Sarang is going to slaughter you.”

Yerim frowned as she looked at Yoonseul, “Why would she? Huh? You know she loves him and she’s probably glad he’s there.”

“She shouldn’t be! He cheated on her, we should be helping her get over h—“

“There is no proof,” Yerim defended. “Chanyeol has no memory of that night and by the way don’t you think it’s weird?”

“What are you trying to say?” Yoonseul asked.

“I’m saying if he wanted to be with Hyojung he would have simply left Sarang, it’s not like they married out of love and promises. He would have left her just like he used to ignore her existence when they first got married,” she explained, “He has no reason to chase after her except for one,” she said, “He truly loves her.”

Yoonseul sighed. Yerim had a point but what about that night.

“Then what about that night?”

Yerim shook her head, “I don’t know but something’s off. We should figure it out.”

“Figure what out?”

The three ladies looked behind where the manly voice came from. It was Baekhyun.

Yerim’s face changed when she saw Lay standing next to him. Apparently they were hanging out at the mall too.

“Uh, we were talking about Chanyeol and Sarang,” Yoonseul waved her hand tiredly, “How are you guys?” she asked.

“Fine,” Lay nodded, his eyes on Yerim who just looked at her fingers and started playing with them again.

“I’m suddenly okay,” Baekhyun smiled, eyeing Yoonseul’s younger sister. She wasn’t that young, she was twenty, only one year younger than Yoonseul.

“Tshh,” Yoonseul scoffed, but Baekhyun had already decided to spend time with them. Meanwhile, Yerim and Lay walked together a little separate from the others until they were left totally out of sight.

 

“How’ve you been?” Lay asked as the two sat down at the sidewalk somewhere beside Yerim’s dorms. He was asking how she’d been as if he weren’t with her for the last thirty minutes.

“Fine,” Yerim said, “How about you? Have you met someone yet?” she breathed a laugh.

She had decided they’d stay friends, nothing more, but in reality, even though Yerim had been punished for being caught sneaking out at night, and even though she was scolded by her harsh parents, she didn’t regret any minute she spent with Lay.

She could swear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter