No Strings Attached

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Third POV -

 

Yoonseul sighed for the nth time. “Can you just stop moving? You’re ruining it” she complained. She was sitting on her bed painting Sarang’s nails but the other wouldn’t sit still, every few minutes she would lose focus and involuntarily move her hand.

“Ah I’m sorry” she pressed her hand firmly against Yoonseul’s knee as the latter resumed painting.

“What is wrong?” Yoonseul asked. Usually Sarang wouldn’t sit quietly, she’s the type to talk a lot and laugh out loud instead.

“Nothing” she shrugged.

“How about you and Chanyeol? Is there any progress?”

Sarang sighed then shook her head, “There is none, also…”

“What?”

“This morning he had visitors… a girl to be specific.”

“And…? Who is she?”

Sarang shrugged again, “I’m not sure but she kissed him so I suppose they aren’t just friends.”

“She what?!”

“Yes… but the way he talked to her he didn’t seem very interested you know? Also…”

“WHAT DID HE DO TOO?” she half yelled.

Sarang bit her lip nervously, just remembering the whole thing made her nervous. She went closer to Yoonseul’s ear and whispered something making her gasp out loud. Before she knew it Yerim who was supposedly reading a book smacked both of their heads.

“What are you talking about I need to know too!” she glared at the girls.

Yoonseul looked at Yerim and smirked, “Chanyeol deadass removed his shirt in front of her and went too close her lips almost touched his chest can you believe?!” she almost squealed.

Yerim’s eyes widened “Did he try to sleep with you?”

“God no!!” Sarang immediately waved her hands, “He was just teasing me… I’m telling you he had a girl right in the next room and it seems like there is something going on between them” her tone turned sadder.

“Sarang-ah” Yoonseul spoke softly, “What about you? Do you… like him?”

“Honestly… I don’t know. I mean, most of the times when we talk to each other it’s just me being nice and him being mean but I still rather we talk to each other like that than not talking at all. The days when he is quiet the whole time are the worst.” She thought for a minute then continued, “Sometimes when he’s working on his phone or on the laptop or just watching TV he’d be too focused and it’s a little… mesmerizing. I just wish he’d open up to me a little bit then maybe we could get along? I just really wish so but once again I remember that he had a girl and she kissed him and he didn’t try to stop her. He didn’t even care about my feelings.”

Yoonseul and Yerim exchanged looks mixed with worry and sadness. They were worried about Sarang who was obviously developing feelings for Chanyeol, and it was kind of sad because they knew her the best and they knew that even before the marriage actually happened she had already agreed and promised to try her best to work things out with her husband-to-be.

Even if she didn’t romantically love him she promised she’d still try her best to at least get along with him. However things worked out the opposite. Sarang actually liked her husband but he didn’t return her feelings and no matter how hard she tried to get him to open up to her he wouldn’t even spare a glance at her.

“Listen,” Yoonseul said, “Just because they kissed doesn’t mean there is anything going on between them, okay?”

Sarang was uncertain, “Doesn’t kissing someone mean you are in a relationship with them?” she asked.

“Give me your iPad” Yerim extended her arm in front of Yoonseul waiting for her to give the iPad.

“Eh? Here” she gave it. “What are you going to do?”

With a few taps and scrolls Yerim was already on Chanyeol’s Instagram account.

“If that girl is his girlfriend then he probably posted photos or videos with her so let’s see” she explained.

The girls began scrolling down his account carefully inspecting each post. They were mostly photos of places he visited or ones of him and his friends.

Yoonseul stopped and prevented the others from scrolling down. “Boyyyy who is he?!” she excitedly tapped to view a specific photo of Chanyeol with one of his friends, “He is so fine!”

Sarang squinted at the screen, “I’m not sure” she said. The boy wasn’t familiar, he wasn’t the one who visited earlier.

“The tag says Baekhyun” Yerim pointed at it, “So I guess his name is Baekhyun.”

“Ahhh so handsome!! When are you going to introduce us??” Yoonseul squealed earning two glares.

“Man if you want to cheat on my cousin you should at least try to hide it from me” Sarang lightly scolded and Yerim nodded along.

“Gosh Jongin deserves better” Yerim agreed.

Yoonseul rolled her eyes, “I was kidding you es I wouldn’t trade Jongin’s for a million dollars” she confidently clarified earning a light smack on the head this time.

“You better” Sarang warned.

Sarang and Jongin were cousins of the same age. They always got along since they were kids; they attended the same school and lived in the same neighborhood so they were more like brother and sister, and he’s Yoonseul’s boyfriend. They five of them were all good friends; Sarang, Yoonseul, Yerim, Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

***

 

The sun was setting and it was starting to get chilly outside, but the summer vibes were still there. The summer was ending soon but didn’t end yet.

Chanyeol was watching TV in the living room of his apartment. It had been a while since he had a quiet afternoon without that girl’s annoying presence; she went out almost the whole day, and when she returned around an hour ago she went straight to the bedroom. Not that he cared though, that permanent smile on her face irked him. What was she so happy about all the time?

Chanyeol’s thoughts shattered when his phone vibrated indicating that someone is calling him. As he fished for his phone between the pillows of the sofa he tried to dismiss the fact that he was thinking about Sarang, whether it was good or bad thoughts he seriously didn’t even want to think about her.

“Hello,” he answered when he finally found it, it was Baekhyun.

“We’re going to the nightclub in like two hours” he informed, “Lay hyung will pick you up.”

“I’m not in the mood” Chanyeol surprisingly refused.

“Eh? Hwasoo said you already told her you’d go… come on don’t be a party-pooper!”

Chanyeol thought for a minute, when did he tell her he’d go?

“I didn’t tell her I’d—oh…” he remembered then that he was agreeing to everything she said without even listening to her, maybe that’s when it happened. “Well still, I’m not going” he decided then hung up. He was in no mood for loudness, parties and Hwasoo.

Less than five minutes after he disconnected the call a sound of clacking was getting closer and closer to the living room where Chanyeol was sitting. He slightly turned his head to look over his shoulder then immediately did a double take.

It was a slightly delayed reaction to the unexpected view he saw behind him.

Kim Sarang wore a dark blue mini-dress that hugged her body tightly and highlighted her every perfect curve. Most of her thighs in addition to her legs were exposed, and although her long hair was left down it failed to cover her soft shoulders and visible collars, and those high heels that were clacking a moment ago made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter