Closer

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m fine” Yerim assured for the nth time but Sarang was still not satisfied. The black holes under her eyes made it obvious that she was tired.

It was around twelve in the afternoon. The two were sitting on a bench at their university. Yerim had a break between her classes while Sarang was already done for the day since the instructor for her next class was absent.

“Did you even get any sleep last night?” Sarang asked.

“Barely” Yerim sighed as she rubbed her forehead.

“Is it because of the fight last night? I still don’t understand what happened…”

“Minjun showed up at the party and he suddenly started kissing me because for some reason his delusional thinks I like him and Lay appeared out of nowhere and started beating him up and it all turned into a mess” she sighed. “And then you saw what happened and Lay’s face got injured and then we fought after you guys left.”

“About what?”

“About the fact that he had no right to behave the way he did!” she tensed remembering what happened. “He keeps acting like he is my boyfriend when he really isn’t!”

Sarang’s brows furrowed.

“What is your relationship with him?” she asked with confusion.

“There is no relationship” she coldly said. “We messed around for a while but that’s it.”

“Then why do your eyes say otherwise?” Sarang asked softly.

“My eyes say nothing, Sarang” she frowned then tried to change the subject quickly before Sarang could insist more. “You and Chanyeol looked cute yesterday” she said. “Are things finally working out between you two?”

Sarang immediately smiled at the mention of Chanyeol’s name.

“Things are going pretty well” she smiled widely showing her set of teeth. “I feel like our relationship has just started and it’s going to beautiful places.”

“He’s a good guy” Yerim half smiled, “It’s about time he takes good care of you.”

“But, Yerim-ah…” Sarang sighed.

“What? Did he do anything wrong? Did he hurt—“

“No, no!” Sarang quickly stopped her, “It’s just that… every time he moves closer to me or when he touches me even just slightly… I—urghhh” she shook her hair desperately making Yerim laugh.

“You what?” she smirked.

“I just lose my mind” she breathed. “Every single time he touches me or brings his body closer to me I feel like there’s electricity walking down my spine. I shiver. I feel butterflies in my stomach. I don’t know how to explain it but I feel so… so…”

“So frustrated?” Yerim finished the sentence that Sarang was struggling to finish. “You are ually frustrated” she said making Sarang’s eyes widen.

“Hey! Lower your voice!” she whispered, hitting Yerim’s arm.

“There’s no one here” Yerim frowned.

“And what do you mean? I’m not ually frustrated” Sarang whispered a yell.

Yerim rolled her eyes then sighed.

“Yes you are” she insisted, “You crave his touch and you feel like you lose control over your body when he comes closer to you and your breath almost stops and your heartbeats go at the speed of light that you basically feel it hammering inside your chest, right?”

“Uh—“ Sarang was watching with half opened, “Accurately” she finally said.

“But you still haven’t slept with him?”

Sarang shook her head as to say “No.”

“Then that’s it” she smiled, “It’s time you take it to another level” she said and Sarang’s cheeks turned red immediately. “For God’s sake Sarang you’re twenty one and a … you are a woman with needs there is nothing awkward about being ually attracted to him so don’t you even dare to be shy, he is your husband for ’s sake if you don’t him soon I’m disowning you” she finished.

“Jesus Yerim you have such a sharp tongue, I don’t even know why it still surprises me sometimes” Sarang said.

“Get used to it” she rolled her eyes. “Hey, I meant to ask you, how’s Chanyeol’s hand?”

“He says it’s fine but it must be hurting him” Sarang pouted, “I hope he’s doing fine at work. I’m worried it might be hurting.”

“Then why don’t you drop by at his office?”

Sarang looked at Yerim, “Why haven’t I considered that? You think I should go?”

“Because you’re a pabo” Yerim answered, “And yes you should get your there right now since you don’t have classes left anyway.”

Sarang’s eyes lit up as she grabbed Yerim’s face and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

“Thank you, Yerim-ah” she smiled as she stood up and held her stuff that were placed next to her feet. “I hope your next class isn’t too boring” she giggled as she already started walking away.

Yerim laughed at how Sarang was excited to see Chanyeol, as if it had been years since she last saw him.

“Tell him I say hi!” Yerim shouted so that Sarang would hear.

Sarang looked back, still smiling. “Will do!” she yelled back, “I love you” she waved to her best friend before walking ahead.

~

Sarang walked into the company like she was entering into a whole new world where she knew no one and was completely lost. She swallowed down nervously when she saw everyone in their professional outfits, holding papers and folders, walking from one office to another while some others were working behind their desks.

Sarang didn’t look like the visitors this company would usually have, who would probably be businessmen and women. She looked different with her simple casual outfit; skinny denim jeans that were ripped at the knees, black and white striped turtle neck underneath her red coat and white Converse shoes. She carried a bag on her back and her laptop case on her shoulder in addition to one huge book she decided to hold in her hands not to get a backache later.

“Excuse me,” Sarang turned quickly to the source of the voice behind her. A tall lady wearing a tight knee-length skirt with a white shirt and high heels was looking at her. “Are you perhaps… lost?” she asked, not sounding friendly.

“Uh—I’m actually looking for Chanyeol” Sarang smiled sheepishly but the lady didn’t return her smile.

“Mr. Park?” she asked with a raised brow.

“Y-yes” she nodded, “Do you know where his office is?”

“I’m sorry you can’t just show up and say you want to meet him. He doesn’t have time to see you.”

“But I—“

“I said you can’t” she cut Sarang, “I suggest you just leave or I’ll call the—“

The lady stopped talking when another voice interrupted her.

“Sarang?”

They both turned their heads to see a very confused Chanyeol looking at them with a paper in his hand.

“Chanyeol-ah!” Sarang breathed in relief when she saw him. She finally saw someone familiar, and he saved her from the conversation with that mean woman.

“What are you doing here?” he approached with a little smile.

“My class got canceled so I thought I’d drop by and check on you” she involuntarily spoke with a little frown, “But I wasn’t allowed in.”

“Heyy lose that frown” Chanyeol laughed lightly as he touched the center of her eyebrows with his finger to smoothen the frown away making her smile immediately.

Then he turned to the woman, “Minah-ssi, you should really ask me before deciding whether someone could meet me or not” he spoke in a nice manner. “I think I get to decide.”

“I-I’m sorry sir” she bowed nervously, “I didn’t think you’d know her.”

“She’s my wife” Chanyeol said with a hint of pride as he slipped off Sarang’s laptop case and threw it over his shoulder then took her book too, “Let me help you” he winked, melting her heart.

“I’m sorry” the woman mumbled a non-sincere apology to Sarang but the other didn’t mind. She was too occupied with Chanyeol’s sweetness, nothing else mattered.

“Come, I’ll show you my office” Chanyeol placed his injured hand on the low of Sarang’s back as he walked next to her, yet leading the way. Despite being injured and stitched, he could still use his hand and fingers, as long as he didn’t pressure his palm.

On their way to his office, Sarang felt every female worker’s eyes on her. They were watching with jealousy and some of them even glared at her after greeting Chanyeol with smiles and bowing to him.

“Tshh you’re popular with women here aren’t you?” she raised a brow.

“Uhmm I’m popular with women everywhere” he teased as he opened the door and let her in first then followed and closed the door. “They can’t resist my charms” he winked jokingly.

“Pftt what an arrogant man” she puckered her lips making him laugh.

The office was wide and neat, very elegant, resembling Chanyeol. There was not a grain of dust on his furniture and his stuff was neatly arranged on the table.

“Nice” Sarang gave a thumb up as she sat on the sofa in front of Chanyeol’s desk while he sat on his main chair behind it. She removed her coat since it was warmer inside.

Chanyeol looked at Sarang and paused for a moment, placing his finger over his lips as he suppressed a laugh.

“What?” Sarang asked and he suddenly burst out laughing. “Yah what are you laughing about?”

“You just looked like a scared chicken out there” he said through his laugh, “And then when I showed up you were pretty relieved.”

Sarang scoffed, offended.

“No I wasn’t!” she said but Chanyeol just choked another laugh.

“Listen she was pretty rude to me” she defended, “And I didn’t know anyone outside, okay? I was flustered.”

“Alright” he said, calming down.

“I’m sorry I showed up without telling you” Sarang started. She wanted to continue but Chanyeol shook his head.

“It’s fine” he assured, “Stay. I’ll finish those and we’ll leave for lunch.”

“Okay” she nodded.

Sarang remained silent for a while as Chanyeol was looking through some papers. She didn’t want to distract him so she played a little bit on her phone. Although he was a bit busy he asked her to stay and she didn’t mind. In fact, even if she just had to sit around quietly she still wanted to stay. At least she got to steal glances of him focused on his work looking like a masterpiece himself. Yup, that was worth it.

Chanyeol crumpled a paper he no longer needed and aimed at the trash can next to the door before he shot it but missed, making it fall to the ground near to it.

Being the beagle she is, Sarang didn’t miss the chance to laugh at him.

“I can’t believe you missed an easy shot like this” she teased.

Chanyeol scoffed, “Tsk, I used my left hand because my right hand is injured. You’d wish to get it this close using your left hand.”

“Uhm except that I actually can score even with my hand” she smirked arrogantly.

“Okay, Michael Jordan,” he mocked making her laugh out loud, “Show me those skills” he challenged as he crumpled another paper.

“Give it” she took the paper and aimed but he stopped her before shooting.

“Are you serious? You have to throw it from the exact same distance I did” he tapped his finger on his desk, “Come here” he ordered.

“Okay” she stood up and walked to him behind his desk.

Sarang stood next to Chanyeol aiming at the trash can when he suddenly held her waist and helped her sit on his lap.

“I said you should throw it from the exact same distance” he spoke behind her ear, making her lose focus.

It was exactly like Yerim said. Her breath felt heavier and it almost stopped as his touch made her feel like she lost control over her body.

She wanted to shoot with all her focus and strength but that was already impossible.

“O-Okay” Sarang swallowed before lifting her arm and throwing the paper with as much strength as she could manage.

The paper swerved so much that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter