Questions...

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s heavy eyelids opened slowly as he woke up to a warm breath hitting his bare chest gently. It had been a while since the bed felt this warm.

Sarang’s long black hair scattered over his shoulder as her body rested between his arms.

She was still asleep, breathing evenly. He smiled as he leaned closer to her and inhaled a deep breath, taking in the natural smell of Sarang’s skin.

He pressed his lips against her bare little shoulder and kissed it.

Sarang shifted a little bit. As soon as she opened her eyes she met Chanyeol’s, he was looking at her.

She blinked twice then she stared at Chanyeol blankly for a solid twenty seconds until he couldn’t suppress his laughter anymore. The fact that her mind was blank every time when she woke up always made him laugh.

“You will always—“ he stopped midsentence when he realized what he was about to say.

Sarang’s brows furrowed for a moment then her lips slowly broke into a smile. She was getting her sense back.

“Good morning,” she smiled, her voice soft and lazy.

“Good morning, princess,” Chanyeol kissed the top of her head.

Sarang curled her toes feeling the butterflies gone wild in her tummy. His husky morning voice sounded so y, not to mention his bed hair and the fact that he just called her ‘princess’.

Their bodies were still hugging each other closely, exchanging each others’ warmth. Their hearts beating together, following the same rhythm.

And at that exact moment Sarang felt something she had never in her life felt before, or at least as far as she could remember.

She felt a warm feeling combined with a thrilling spark going down every bone of her body. Her heart shivered and she knew it then. She knew that she liked him a little more than normal. A little too much.

“Last night…” Chanyeol started as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, looking at her lovingly, “It was magic.”

Sarang bit her lip shyly breaking the eye-contact. She squeezed the sheets and pulled them closer to her chest.

Last night was magic, she agreed. She could still feel every touch and kiss on her body. She was still overwhelmed by the intensity of all the ways he touched her and the things they did. It felt so good, so right.

She doesn’t know until when exactly they stayed up, maybe two or three in the morning, and every moment of it was magic.

Sarang met his eyes again. He was still watching her with fascination like he’s watching art and it melted her heart. She stuck out her index finger and touched Chanyeol’s dimple.

“What are we doing?” she whispered.

They weren’t officially in a relationship. They were just hanging out and suddenly this happened. She couldn’t deny she liked him so much but it was his feelings that she wasn’t sure about.

Chanyeol held her hand that was over his cheek and pressed it on his lips, planting a kiss on her palm.

“Whatever it is that we’re doing,” he murmured against her palm, “I don’t want it to stop,” he said.

“You mean… uh—the —“

“All of it,” he interrupted, “I mean all of it, not just the . I like it when we hang out, and I like telling you things that I only talk to you about. I love dancing with you. You are both cute and y, and it drives me crazy. You have the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen,” he mentioned random things he loved about her.

It would be absurd to ask her to be his girlfriend when in fact she is his wife. It bothered him that he couldn’t just have their marriage back. He didn’t want her to leave, he wanted her to live there with him just like they used to.

But he couldn’t do it yet. He still needed a little time.

Sarang smiled, “There’s something about you…” she shook her head lightly, feeling like she had already lost control over her feelings. “I feel so comfortable around you, it’s like I’ve known you for a long time, it’s crazy. I feel like your eyes are familiar, your touch and your smile, they just seem so close to me.”

Chanyeol was softly tracing random lines on her bare shoulder with his fingertip. He loved touching her delicate soft skin.

“Hey, Chanyeol,” she spoke quickly, not giving him a chance to respond to what she said earlier, “What time is it?” she asked.

“Uh,” Chanyeol lifted his head up and looked over his shoulder at the clock, “Eleven thirty-five,” he barely said before Sarang gasped.

“Already?!” she frowned as she sat straight, pulling the sheet along to cover her body, and reached for her phone that was on the small table by the bed. “Oh god,” she sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol sat straight next to her.

“My mom is probably freaking out right now,” she winced. “You know she became really overprotective after my accident,” she pushed her hair back, “And I haven’t told her that I’m spending the night out,” she cringed imagining her mom’s reactions when she goes back home.

“She gets too worried about you,” he agreed. It was because of her overprotection that he had to stay away from Sarang. “She’s always afraid you’d get hurt,” he said.

Sarang looked at him, “How do you know that?”

“Eh… You just said it,” he quickly explained.

“Right,” Sarang smiled. “Would it be okay to use your bathroom?” Sarang asked.

“Yeah of course,” Chanyeol assured.

 

~

 

Chanyeol walked into the bedroom wearing sweatpants but no shirt. He sat down on bed and watched Sarang who was standing in front of the mirror applying pink lipstick on her lips.

After taking a quick shower and wearing one of her dresses that she hadn’t packed back when she left the house, she gathered her hair into a neat high ponytail then did her makeup.

She looked beautiful as usual.

“This dress looks like something I’d totally buy,” Sarang checked herself on the mirror one more time and smiled.

The dress was loose, knee-length, suitable for spring. It was white, patterned with colorful flowers and it fit her perfectly.

In fact it was hers, she bought it last summer, Chanyeol still remembered. But when she left, she didn’t pack all her stuff and that was one of the things she didn’t take. Chanyeol of course didn’t tell her, instead he lied and said it belonged to his sister.

“It does look like it was made for you to wear,” Chanyeol made a ‘perfect’ sign with his fingers.

Sarang smiled as she went and sat beside him.

“I should get going now,” she touched his cheek.

“Hmm,” Chanyeol nodded, “Will I be seeing you later?” he leaned in and smelled her neck making her giggle as he stole a few quick kisses here and there.

“I guess,” she smiled, “What do you wanna do?”

Chanyeol pushed his hair back, yawning lazily. He still hadn’t taken a shower yet because he let Sarang use the bathroom first.

“I have to pick up Lay hyung,” he said, “He’s coming back today,” he smiled happily because he missed him.

“Lay?” Sarang made a confused face. She hadn’t heard about him before, she only knew about Baekhyun.

“Yeah he’s one of my best friends, he was in China,” Chanyeol explained, “This afternoon he’ll be here and I promised to go pick him up. We’ll probably hang out a little so maybe I can see you later after that?” he suggested.

“Yeah sure,” Sarang agreed, “I’ll see you later then,” she pecked Chanyeol’s cheek and stood up but before she could walk away Chanyeol held her wrist.

He stood up and pulled her for an embrace. He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“You sure you don’t want me to drive you home?” he asked for the tenth time maybe.

“Eyy Chanyeol,” she puffed a laugh, her words unclear against his chest, “I’m a grown up, I can go home by myself,” she pulled back and looked up at him. “I appreciate it,” she said, “I really do but I already hate it when my mom keeps acting like I can’t go two steps by myself.”

Chanyeol frowned, “That’s not what I meant.”

“I know,” she held his face, “I know but still.”

Chanyeol nodded, “I’m sorry,” he pressed his lips on her forehead.

Sarang smiled and shook her head, “Come here,” she lifted her body as she stood on her toes and kissed him on the lips.

 

***

 

 

Sarang unlocked the front door and went in humming a song. It had been a long while since she was in such good mood and she just couldn’t take the smile off her face. It plastered on.

“Where have you been?”

Sarang’s footsteps froze by the stairs and looked over her shoulder.

“Mom!” Sarang turned her whole body around, “I’m sorry that I haven’t answered your calls,” she smiled sheepishly.

Sarang’s mom didn’t smile or unfold her arms that were folded over her chest. Her face looked tired, like she hadn’t slept all night.

“You disappear all night and you don’t answer my calls or my messages and none of your friends whom you went out with knew where you were and you just simply say sorry?”

“Uh… Well, I kinda went out with someone,” Sarang cringed, “And I didn’t pay attention to my phone.”

“This is not accepted!” Sarang slightly jumped when her mom suddenly yelled.

“Mom… What did you expect? I’m—“

“Who were you with?” she interrupted, calmer this time.

Sarang’s mom knew that Sarang wouldn’t go searching for Chanyeol because she couldn’t even remember him, but now that Sarang was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter