Almost But Not Quite

LEAST EXPECTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Seoul Children National Hospital)

I want to be a better person. A better man and I need you to help me to be one. Love You. 

ChaeWon read the message on the card again and again. She is dying to hear him saying I Love You to her again after they separated. But when he finally said it or in this case write it, she doesn't know how she feels right now. A lot of questions running in her mind. Should she forgive him, should she not. Is he sincere or not. Too many until she doesn't want to think of it. She put the flowers in a flower vase, replacing the ones she received yesterday. Her patients will be coming in soon so she needs to tidy her place. 

 

ChangWook, Yoona and InHa arrived at the hospital for InHa's immunisation. As usual, he walks holding hands with Yoona while carrying InHa in another arm. to be honest Yoona is a bit shy with this public display affection but on the other hand she love it too. So this is what they mean by being in love. Your mind do not want to show all those affectionate stuffs but your action is going against your mind. Now she can understands what her friends were telling her how does it feel to be in love all this while. 

"Oppa, you can wait for me with InHa there, let me do the registration." Yoona said as soon as they enter the Paediatric clinic. 

"Gwenchana, let's do it together."he said and straigtaway go to the registration counter. At the counter, Yoona is greets by the nurse that's in charge to ChaeWon's clinic. 

"Ah, Im Yoona-ssi. You had arrived? Oh you come with your husband this time. Annyeonghaseyo. InHa annyeong." Nurse Lee greets the 3 of them. 

"Annyeong haseyo. Nurse Lee. Nae, my husband wants to accompany us this time." she greets Nurse Lee with sweet smile.

"You look pretty today. Something is different."  nurse Lee seems to notice the change in Yoona but she can't tell. Yoona is wearing a nice baby blue knee length summer dress and she put up her hair in a ponytail with some loose fringe. 

"Different? I think maybe this is the first time you see me in dress normally I wear tshirt and jeans." she try to explain. 

"That is true too. But you seem glowing. It shows on your pretty face." Nurse Lee continue to praise her that makes Yoona blush. ChangWook who had been smiling watching Nurse Lee praisin his wife can't help but to agree with her. She is glowing nowadays, maybe that is the love glow. 

"My wife is pretty right Nurse Lee. i notice she is glowing lately too." ChangWook butts in and continue to praise Yoona.

"Seolma. Do you have any happy news to share? Is the glow is pregnancy glow?" 

The remarks from Nurse Lee makes Yoona's face flush red. "Ani..ani.. not that glow. I am not pregnant. Not Yet. Not yet."

Nurse Lee just smiles listening to her answer. ChangWook too. When Nurse Lee has left the station, ChangWook lean in closer to her and whisper. "I heard the answer. Not Yet. meaning you want to get pregnant too one day right?" 

Yoona push him away. "Behave, this is a hospital." she avoid the rediculuos question of ChangWook and start to walk to the waiting area leaving him behind.

He just laugh. "Wait a little while InHa, appa will give you a dongsaeng soon." he kissed his daughter before walking towards Yoona and sit next to her.

While waiting for their turn to be called both of them are playing with their little girl. InHa is becoming more cheeky now. She talks alot though half of what she talks is in her own language. She doesn't like to sit still now and always wants to move around which drained their energy sometimes. She is good at showing affection too now. she can be very clingy at times but that what makes both Yoona and ChangWook love her even more. Sometimes they forget that InHa is not theirs biologically. 

"Toddlers at the age is very active but it is the entertaining time for us as well. Is this your first born?" a woman in her late thirties next to Yoona trying to make a conversation.

"Nae. It is our first child." Yoona answers politely. "Is that your first child too?" Yoona ask her. She is holding a baby, probably around 3 months old. 

"No. She is our third baby.  We have two elder sons. they are at school now. Sorry to bother you. By the way, i am Bo young. Lee BoYoung. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too BoYoung...ssi. I am Yoona."

"Call me eonnie. I am so sure you are younger than me. This is my husband Kwak TaeGun, and our baby daughter JiYu." she introduce her family to Yoona. They greet them politely.

"Oh and this is my husband, Changwook and our little girl InHa." Yoona introduce her family in return. 

"Both of you looks so young. You must get marry at a very young age. I respect that you decided to settle down at a young age." BoYoung still amaze of the young couple before her. 

"I think when the time comes and you know she is the one, it will work out somehow doesn't matter if you are still young. I never regret marrying early even it means that I need to leave my single bachelor life. As long as I have them in my life, anything is possible." ChangWook answers while looking at his wife next to him very deep. There's a deep meaning  in his answer.

"Wow, that's so sweet. i wish my husband can said those things to me too. He can be not romantic sometimes." she glared at her husband who suddnly become flustered.

"Its ok eonnie. Some people showed their romantic side differently. As long as he loves you, i think that's enough." 

"See yeobo, she is young but she is wise."  her husband praising Yoona and all 4 of them laugh. The 2 families continue to chat. Yoona asked BoYoung a lot about child care stuffs as she has more experience. ChangWook also learn some fatherhood tips from Mr Kwak. They talk a while until both of them were called to meet their respective paeds. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inha starts to feel uneasy upon entering Dr Moon's clinic. She seems to know that today, ChaeWon imo is the doctor not the aunt. She refuse t be put on the examination bed and sling on ChangWook's collar tight. She will received 3 jabs today.

"InHa ya wae geurae. You always like to meet ChaeWon imo.?" Yoona try to coddle her but she hang in thight to her appa. 

"Seems like she knows I am wearing the bad doctor mask today." ChaeWon smiles and trying to get her attention but InHa is not even looking at her. "Seems like we need to do it here. While standing." 

Immunization is always one of the hard job to do especially if it involves infant but ChaeWon already used to it. She asked her nurse to prepare all the immunization jab. When the stuffs are ready, she stand up and walk to InHa who is still in ChangWook's arm. She take the cotton swab and apply it on her arms, and she take the syringe and jab her. She cried from the pinch pain and she tighten her hug on her daddy. ChangWook hugs her closer. It is his first time seeing InHa being jab so he felt quite hard to watch his daughter cry of pain. Chaewon continue with the other 2 jabs. She need to be fast, while she is still numb. InHa wails can be heard in the whole room. 

"Ok, its over. Its done. Mihane InHa ya. Imo Mihane." ChaeWon pats her back gently. 

"Gwenchana, gwenchana. Its over. It's over." ChangWook soothe her and her cries subsides a bit. Moments later she almost stop crying. Yoona just smile looking at panic ChangWook. She found him cute. After InHa had stop crying, ChaeWon offer a snack. "What should you say princess?"

"Kamca-amda" InHa thank ChaeWon in her own words. 

"As usual if InHa temperature rise, quickly bring her to see a doctor. She got 3 doses today so she might have the potential to caught a fever. But don't worry. So I see you in next appointment. 

"Thank you Dr Moon, InHa-ya, say bye bye to Dr Imo." the little girl aggreing to her mother cutely.

"I can see there's alot of flowers in your room, ChaeWon ssi. Not like last time." Yoona said before going out from the consultation room. 

"Someone gave me so I don't feel good to throw it away so I keep it." she replied.

"That someone must like you a lot to give you the flowers this much." she smile before going out. 

The last word from her makes ChaeWon thinking for a while. There's a truth in that sentence. 

While they wait for the billing, InHa needs a diaper change, so Yoona take her to the baby changing room to change her. When Yoona already done with diaper duty, she came back to the waiting area and she saw that ChangWook is already at the  billing counter. Then she noticed there's one young staff trying to flirt with ChangWook. Eventhough she is relative new in this dating department but a woman always know when someone try to flirt with their man. Feeling jealous, she quickly walk to him. "Yeobo." she called out and then circle her hands on his waist.

ChangWook is surprised of what he just heard Yoona called him but he is happy of course. "Oh, jagiya. You're done. Let me settle this and we can go." 

Yoona glance at the young lady and she can see that her expressions change. She gave a deep stare at her like saying  'Back off girl, he is mine'  and the girl just quickly prepare the bill and ChangWook paid it. 

"Jagiya, can you call me that again?" he asked.

"Call you what?" Yoona is confused by his request.

"The one that you called me just now. And why so suddenly?" 

"You don't like it? I called you that coz I can sense the young clerk flirting with you."

"Are you jealous?"

"Shouldn't I be? You're my husband. How dare she flirted with a married man. Don't you notice it?"

ChangWook couldn't help but smile to the jealous Yoona. He think this is her first time being jealous like this and he find it cute. "Ok, next time I'll be more careful and alert to the other girls around me. But can I hear what you called me just now again. For once, please." he try to begs with aegyo that makes Yoona blurts out laughing.

"Arasso, YEOBO." she stressed out the word. 

He smiles wide and take her hand to his mouth and kiss it. "Gomawo, JAGI." 

 

The little family of 3 is having their brunch at the hospital Cafeteria. InHa is already sleepy so Yoona holds her and lay her in her arms to put her to sleep. She feeds her milk. 

"You should eat now while the food is still hot." ChangWook said.

"Gwenchana, oppa. I'll eat after she is fully asleep. You eat first." 

"Here. Let me help you." Suddenly ChangWook get the spoon near to Yoona to feed her.

Yoona eyes widen in shocked by his action. "Oh my God oppa, what are you doing? People are watching. It's ok"

"I didn't do anything wrong."

"I can eat later, on my own. You finish your food first." 

"The food will turn cold. Ah" he insists Yoona to open . Do not know what to do, she obeys and eat the food being fed by him. He fed Yoona and himself in turns. Tho feeling embarassed, she just follow him. 

He is looking at her and smile. 

"What is there something on my mouth, oppa?"

He nods. "Let me clean it for you." instead of getting a tissue to wipe, he leans in and give her a kiss. 

Yoona push him away. "Yah, what are you doing? We are in public."

He giggles. "I just remembered we havent get our morning kiss yet, and I found you cute with stain on your mouth I just couldn't control myself. And what's wrong of a husband kissing his wife in public?" 

Yoona finally smiles on his silly self justification. His cheesiness sometimes can drive Yoona embarassed but deep down she love it. 

 

Their happiness and lovingness is watch by afar by someone who has been sitiing there for a while. 'Maybe, if I am not that coward and turn my back on my wife, we will get that kind of happiness. Having a beautiful life with my wife and maybe if we have a child, he or she will be about that age. I was so stupid that I walk away even before things happen. I got freak out to the thoughts of it and I rejected the idea of having a family with her and I left. I broke my own vows during our wedding day. Now I don't even know whether I should be forgiven what more to comeback to her life.' he murmured to himself. Then he pick up his phone and dial a number. "Hello, ChaeWon-ie. Oppa is at the cafeteria, can we meet if you have free time"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chae Won has no choice but to come down to the cafeteria to see JoongKi if not he will keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter