Life without ahjumma

LEAST EXPECTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ahjumma called both Yoona and ChangWook to the dining area. She wants to tell them something. So they come down to dining area right after they put InHa to sleep. 

"InHa already asleep?" ahjumma asked. 

"Yes, she must be tired coz she fell in deep sleep even before she finishes her milk." Yoona replied and take a seat next to ahjumma at tthe dining table. ChangWook is seated across them. 

"What is it ahjumma? Is there something important you want to discuss with us. It sounds urgent when you call us just now." ChangWook ask.

The old lady seems hard to explain but she really need to tell them the news tho it might shocked them. "I do not how to start and how to say this but I hope you two won't be too shocked with what I'm gonna tell you". both Yoona and ChangWook look at each other curiously before looking at ahjumma. 

"Wae yo ahjumma? tell us." said ChangWook.

"I cant no longer working here. I need to go and stay with my daughter. This month will be my last month and I will work till the end of the month."

"Why ahjumma? Is there any problem working with us? Too many work? Not enough pay?" Yoona keep on asking. ChangWook signal Yoona to stop asking like that. 

"Aniyo Yoona ya. Not that. I love working here. I love staying here with you guys but I need to take care of my daughter now. She is going to deliver soon and I need to stay with her to take care of her and the baby. She has no one there in Indonesia to take care of her. Actually I suppose to quit 3 months back, I already told Bomi but then, the accident happened. So I asked my daughter to give me sometime so that I can help you too and InHa adjust to the new lifestyle. And now, I don't think I need to worry anymore and InHa already comfortable staying with both of you. I love InHa like my own granddaughter and I already think both of you like my own children but I guess my daughter really needs me now. Sorry to shock you guys, mihane." she explains in detail to avoid misunderstanding.

"You don't have to be sorry ahjumma. Seems like your daughter really needs you. Don't worry about us, we will manage and adjust how to take care of InHa without your help later." ChangWook assures her that everything going to be fine. He doesnt want that lady to worry too much. Ahjumma is very motherly, she tend to worry every single things that she things will be a problem especially regarding InHa wellbeing. 

"What about InHa? Who will take care of her when I am not around later? It is not easy t get a maid nowadays and it will be costly to you." she asked worriedly.

"I'll think about it later. Right now, you do not have to worry too much. I think since you have around 3 weeks only to work, why don't you just use that time to spend with InHa. She will miss you much when you're gone so use this time and spend as much time with her. About housework, me and Yoona will settle it. Is it ok Yoona-ya?" Yoona nods to ChangWook suggestion. Luckily there is someone as ChangWook. He is a calm person and very diplomatic. It's very different from her who panicks easily. If there is no ChangWook, she might already worried like hell knowing ahjumma will leave them. 

"Thank you for understanding." ahjumma holds both ChangWook and Yoona hands. She already think both of them like her own. Seeing how they step up to be parents for InHa overnight and struggles really pains her. If she has a choice, she won't leave them and let them struggle again. But she has no choice, her daughter needs her and her daughter cannot leave the job and her Indonesian husband to come back to Korea. So she need to make this difficult choice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a week since ahjumma left and they are still trying to cope with their new lifestyle. InHa is been taken care by Yoona's mom. Luckily her mother is having semester break and she flew back home to help them for a while. But next week she is going back to Australia and they have to figure out how to take care of InHa when they are not home. 

"Have you fnd a nanny yet?" Yoona's mom asked them when they are having dinner that night. 

"Not yet eomma, the nanny wages is quite high. It's beyond our budget. Maybe we will send her to daycare. We are still searching for an affordable daycare around. The day care around this neighbourhood is pricey." 

Yoona is right, since TaeJoon house in the elite area of Cheongdam-dong, the living cost there is higher than any other part in Seoul. If she is not bond with a contract, she would already ased to move to Seoul at least she will be near her daughter and grand daughter. She feel sad her daughter need to go through that at a young age. 

"Do you need money for the nanny? I can help you to pay for the nanny." she offers her help.

"Its ok emonim, you don't need to trouble yourself. I will manage. My friend already take rent the house i used to stay before so I have some extra money to pay for daycare. I don't feel good to let you trouble yourself with our problem". ChangWook politely declined his mother in law's suggestion to help. He doesn't feel good to let her mother in law trouble herself for them. It is good enough she paying for Yoona's tuition fee and he doesn't want to burden her anymore.

"Gwenchana ChangWook-ah. If you having problem with money, just let me know. I can help out. InHa is my grand daughter too and I can afford to pay for her nanny if you wants to. Don't be shy. Just ask if you need it". Kim Seung Ryeung assures her son inlaw that he shouldn't be shy to ask her help if he wants to. 

"Gwenchana omonim. I can handle". ChangWook still refusing her help. 

When her mother already gone back to Yoona's old apartment, Yoona come down and he sees ChangWook is watching TV and she sits next to him. 

"Oppa, can you really afford to pay for the daycare or nanny? If you are shy, I can ask my mom for the money. Eomma is already willing to help." Yoona offers to ask her mom on behalf.

"It's ok Yoona-ya. I am the head of this family. It's my responsibility. Your mom already pay for your tuition fees. I will manage. By the way, have you find an affordable daycare?" ChangWook ask.

"I found one near the cafe, I will ask around and look for more. If it's near the cafe, it is convenient too. I can pick InHa up after I finish class or after I finish my shift."

"Ok, but won't it be a hassle if you need to bring her all the way from there? You can drive the car if you want to." ChangWook suggest. 

"It's ok oppa, it's not a big deal. If I bring the car, there will a parking problem and costly too. Emmm oppa, if you do not want my mom to help, I can help you. I can find one more part time to help you with the expenses." she suggests.

"Andwae. No need to find another part time. Who wants to be with InHa at night? You know my nature of work right?" ChangWook doesn't want her to tire herself with one more part time job. Yoona is already busy with her job, school and housework. He doesn't want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter