Heartbeat

Mute Girl and Black Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without hesitation, Dahyun opened her window. She rubbed her eyes, thinking maybe she just made a mistake. But it's really him. Kim Yugyeom, the Black Prince, is standing outside their house, staring up at him from her window.

She watched as he climbed over their fence and successfully landed at their backyard.

What is he doing here? She thought. Then her eyes widened when Yugyeom began climbing up the tree that connects to her window. Wait... don't tell me...

She nervously ran to the door and made sure that it's locked. If dad and Youngjae found out that he's here, we're gonna get in trouble!

When she turned to look back at her window, she gasped when Yugyeom is now standing at the corner of her room.

He's panting so hard and he looks really tired and worried.

Yugyeom grew even more worried when he saw small cuts and bruises on Dahyun's face and arms. He didn't missed the small cut on her lower lip.

He slowly approached her, touched the small cut on her lip. "I'm sorry," he muttered. "This is my fault." His apology is useless since Dahyun was already hurt physically.

"I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore," Yugyeom sadly said, retrieving his hand and taking a step back. "I understand if you will distance yourself from me. But Dahyun," his eyes met hers and he said the words that made Dahyun's heart skip a beat. "I won't stop being here for you."

A statement that is very confusing yet very satisfying to hear. Confusing in a way that Dahyun doesn't exactly know what it means. Satisfying because she knows that someone is there for her, like Yugyeom.

"Did they hurt you badly?" Yugyeom asked. He can't help but get even more worried when Dahyun didn't even say a single word or reply to him. He understands if she will stop speaking to him. It's his fault why she ended up in this situation.

"I guess I better leave now," he muttered, heavily turning his back at her. He tiredly sighed and climbed on the window.

"Wait."

He stopped and slowly turned to face her. He felt relieved to hear her voice again.

Dahyun doesn't know how to face him or what to tell him. Everything seems to be going so fast, she can't keep up with the pace.

"It's not your fault... Please don't blame yourself," she said softly. She mustered up to meet his gaze before continuing, "I won't stay away from you because I want to be with you. I feel safe when I'm with you. I don't why but you're the only person I'm obviously speaking with... and it makes me feel comfortable." Her face is heating up, but won't stop saying those words she can't believe she will ever say. "Even though a lot of people told me to stay away from you, I just can't do it... I just --- "

Yugyeom didn't let her finish as he take her into his arms, hugging her so tight. "Then don't. Don't ignore me. Don't stay away from me. Let's stay like this, Dahyun. Please."

Dahyun didn't say anything more and just nodded her head. Her heart is beating so fast, it feels like her chest is gonna explode soon. Her face is heating up, she wish Yugyeom won't break away from their hug soon so he won't see her blushing face.

Should I hug him back? Dahyun contemplated. But what if he misunderstood and... Ahhh! Why am I feeling like this? It's not like it's the first time I hugged a guy! Me and Youngjae give each other a hug sometimes. Feeling shy and nervous, Dahyun slowly wrapped her arm around Yugyeom's waist, hugging him back.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, until someone knocked on Dahyun's door. The two hesitantly let go of each other, both faces are flustered. Yugyeom scratching the back of his head, Dahyun shyly looking away.

"Dahyun! It's me, Youngjae. I brought you some dinner!" Youngjae called out, knocking the door. "Open the door."

"I think I should go," Yugyeom whisperd, pointing at the window. Dahyun nodded her head, helping him to get out quietly.

With one last glance, he told her, "I'll see you in school," then he gave her a sincere smile.

Dahyun smiled back and nodded.

And with that, Yugyeom jumped over the window, onto the tree, then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter