Dark Past

Mute Girl and Black Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun just stared blankly outside the car window. She may look calm, but deep inside, she's feeling scared and nervous.

After three years, she finally see what the outside world looks like, or more like, what the outside of their house looks like. Lots of things have changed, she thought. But still, the feeling of being humiliated by her first love in front of her fellow students remained.

It was forever imprinted inside her, that she can't stop thinking about that day when he told her never to sing nor to speak again since her voice is ugly.

And that's what she did.

She stopped singing.

She stopped talking.

She became the Mute Girl.

"Dahyun, are you okay?" Youngjae, her twin brother, who was sitting at the back of the car asked.

Is she okay?

Does she look okay?

Her mood changed from being nervous to being angry.

She glared at both of her father and Youngjae, which made Youngjae zipped his mouth and looked away, avoiding her death glare.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat and the music to at least lighten up the mood.

Dahyun's favorite song played but instead of feeling happy to hear it, she remained quietly seated and folded her arms on her chest.

"That's your favorite song, right?" Her father began to talk. "Come on, jam on it. I saw you last time dancing while listening to this song." He gently nudged her arm. But instead of getting a good response from her daughter, Dahyun rolled her eyes and continued to stare outside the car window.

Mr. Kim sighed and focused his attention on the road. "Dahyun, I know you're mad. But me and your brother are just concern to you. You can't stay inside the house forever? You need to be in school."

Dahyun began scribbling on her sketchpad and showed it to her father. "I'm already homeschooling! Isn't that the same?"

"No, Dahyun. It's different." Youngjae, who read what she wrote on the paper, answered. "In school, you'll get to interact with people."

"Exactly." Her father added.

"Aren't I interacting with you two? Isn't that enough?" Dahyun wrote down.

"Dahyun, what we mean is you talk to people... to make friends..." Mr. Kim said.

When Dahyun heard the word "talk," she began trembling.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter