Walk

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina takes her dog on a walk and finds another companion to walk with her.


 

'Ray! Let's go for a walk!' Mina called out to her dog as she adjusted her vest. She was in a monochrome ensemble; white shirt, grey vest and black jeans.

She slipped on her black coat and hung a grey scarf around her neck before grabbing the leash from the hook and kneeling down.

Ray bounded towards her and jumped onto the girl, her cheeks.

Scratching his head with a smile, she hooked the leash firmly onto his collar and gave it a slight tug to make sure it won't come loose.

'Let's go let's go~' the girl cooed and opened the door as she slipped on her brown Chelsea boots.

The two stepped out into the cold winter breeze of Seoul and began making their way towards the Han River.

 


 

Sana sighed and thumped her gloved fist on the rails. She couldn't believe it. Bailing out on her after making her wait around the freezing river for almost half an hour? Outrageous.

She let out an indignant huff and made a call to her friend.

'Helloo~ How is it going?'

'How is it going? She didn't even show up! I've been waiting in the cold for almost half an hour and she just messaged me, saying she had other plans!'

'What? For real? I'm so sorry on her behalf! I-'

'Forget it!' Sana hung up and shoved her phone into her pocket.

Plopping her tired body onto the snow covered wooden bench, she let out a sigh.

 

 


 

'We're here!' Mina chirped and Ray let out a excited bark.

They walked down the path until a figure caught Mina's eye.

Unlike the other park goers that were strolling around in pairs, most likely couples getting into the Christmas feel, this particular person was alone on the bench.

Decked in navy blue shoes, black jeans, a light grey coat over a sky blue shirt and a black beanie, the figure was hunched over with her patterned gloved fingers crossed over one another.

Ray suddenly ran towards the sad looking figure while panting excitedly, pulling his owner along.

'Ray! Wait!' Mina cried, trying to keep up with the zealous dog while keeping her balance at the same time.

A bark startled Sana and caused her to look up to see Mina.

'Holy !' The girl exclaimed as she slid over a patch of ice on the floor but managed to stabilize herself before she could fall.

'Careful.' Sana said, leaning forward as if she was about to get up and help the girl.

'It's okay. He must have scared you, sorry about that.' Mina scratched the happy dog behind his ear.

'He's cute. What's his name?' Sana asked, feeling slightly better after the dog distracted her from her previous disappointment.

'Ray.'

'Hello Ray~' Sana cooed and used her hands to rub the dog's cheeks.

'How old is he?' Sana asked, giggling when the dog placed his front paws on her lap and stuck his tongue out.

'Ten years old.'

'He's in good shape for his age. Right buddy?' The girl poked Ray's nose.

'If you don't mind me asking, you seem to be a little upset when I saw you from over there earlier. Compared to the happy couples around. Is there something wrong? I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.' Mina quickly added the last part after seeing Sana shift slightly.

'It's nothing really. My blind date bailed on me.'

'Oh. I'm sorry.' Mina frowned.

'No need to be, you're not her anyway.' Sana laughed.

'It's not nice to ditch a pretty girl like you out in the cold with Christmas round the corner.'

'She made me wait for almost half an hour.'

'Half an hour?' Mina almost shrieked. 'Outrageous!'

'Exactly my thought!'

Ray let out a loud bark, as if agreeing with the two girls.

Mina sat down beside Sana and the dog jumped up, turning in a circle before snuggling in the spot between the two girls.

'Why didn't you go home?' Mina asked.

'Well.. I don't know. There's no one at home anyway so I guess I thought I'd spend some time outside before going back.'

'I see..' Mina hummed. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she took it out.

From: God Jihyo

It's confirmed! Our Christmas party will be held on the 24th at night so we can party till D-day itself and have a lil countdown too! Feel free to bring a plus one or any friends! :D

'Say, are you free on the 24th?' Mina asked while looking at her phone screen. She had no idea why she said that out loud or why she even had this idea in the first place.

'Yeah. I'm pretty much free everyday of this month. Why?'

'Would you like to go to my friend's Christmas party with me?'

'Why? I mean, why me?'

'I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't want you to be all alone for Christmas? Or maybe because I lack friends to bring to the party. So, will you come?'

'Sure I guess.. Where is it?'

'It's at my friend's house, I could pick you up if you'd like.'

'That would be nice, thanks.' Sana grinned.

'Well then.. Can I have your number?' Mina extended her phone to the girl who took it and pressed a few buttons.

'I just realized I only know your dog's name but not yours. Yet, you invited me to a party.'

'Spirit of Christmas.' Mina shrugged.

'Mina.'

'Sana.'

'I'll text you then.'

'Yeah. And Mina?'

'Yes?'

'I think you're way better than my date.'

The girl couldn't help but let a laugh slip through her lips.

'But we just sat here, talked and played with Ray.'

'Yeah but well.. You're a nice person.'

'Are you saying you want to go on a date with me?' Mina chuckled.

'Well.. Do you?'

'Let's take a walk shall we?' Mina stood up with a smile that reached up to her eyes.

'Sure.'