Fly with me

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina and Sana are part of Korean Air's air crew.

Note: Procedures may not be accurate 


 

'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport. The local time here is two hours behind Melbourne, Australia and it is 12:06 am. Please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until the seatbelt sign has been switched off. You may now use your mobile devices and feel free to connect to the airport's free Wi-Fi after you have disembarked. We would like to wish all residents of South Korea a warm welcome home and a pleasant stay for those who are visiting for leisure or for work. Thank you for flying with Korean Air, a member of the Sky Team.' Sana recited perfectly before placing the phone back onto the receiver.

The plane parked and the air bridge was moved and secured in place before the seatbelt sign switched off. The sound of clicks and footsteps could be heard as the passengers got out of their seat to retrieve their belongings from the overhead compartments and began to disembark the plane.

Greeting each passenger with a smile, Sana bowed to the last passenger before turning back to begin the clean-up process.

The cockpit door opened and the two pilots stepped out with their blazers draped over their shoulder and pilot cap in hand.

'Ah my back.' Jeongyeon groaned and began twisting and stretching, popping every possible joint.

'Smooth landing as usual.' Sana tipped her head and smiled at the captain who returned the gesture.

Sana had always found the captain attractive. Navy blue blazer with four gold strips around the cuffs over a crisp white shirt with identical gold stripes on the epaulets and a badge of gold wings with a laurel wreath enclosing a star pinned on the collar. If it wasn't because they were in the plane, Sana would be squealing at how hot and perfect she looked.

'Starting the clean up?' Mina asked as she placed her blazer and cap on the counter above the service carts.

'Yep.'

'We'll help!' Jeongyeon said and happily tossed her blazer and cap onto the seat before hopping down the aisle to the next business class, leaving Mina and Sana alone.

'How were the passengers?' Mina asked as she loosened her tie and rolled up her sleeve, unknowingly driving Sana crazy on the inside.

'T-they were good. Most of them were knocked out the whole time so not too much to worry about or do.' The stewardess said and began tossing the garbage into a trash bag.

'That's good to hear.' The captain hummed and walked down the other isle, picking out the rubbish and tossing it into Sana's trash bag. After disposing the trash, they began to gather the pillows and blankets.

'Hey cap.' A voice greeted and the two turned around to see one of the ground crew smiling at them. 'I'll take those. The fresh ones are out there.' He pointed behind him.

'Sure, thanks.' Mina replied smoothly in that calming voice that made Sana swoon.

They stepped aside and watched as the men took the pillows and blankets out and brought in the fresh batch for the cabin crew.

'Thank god the flight is over.' Mina began after the two worked in silence for the first two rows. 'Jeongyeon was killing me with her jokes and stories.'

'You could always come out for a coffee y'know?' The taller lady chuckled as she arranged the pillow and blanket.

'I should shouldn't I? Could spend more time with my favourite stewardess.' Mina winked and Sana almost fainted.

Mina was quicker so she decided to give the stewardess a hand on her side. They moved down to the back of the plane to help the rest before switching over to Jihyo's team.

'Good work.' Jihyo beamed and patted Mina's shoulder before she entered the cockpit with her first captain, Nayeon.

'I seriously love your crew.' The ground staff said as he let Mina check through the documents before leaving her signature as confirmation that everything is as stated in the papers.

'Why?'

'You always help to clean up for the next crew so we can take a little break.'

'It's only but our job.' Mina smiled and unrolled her sleeve. She shrugged on her blazer and placed the cap back on her head before leaving the plane.

Their baggage were the only ones left on the belt when they passed the immigration counters so they didn't need to squeeze with the crowd.

'Next flight is in two days.' Mina reminded Jeongyeon and Sana who were permanently working with her.

'Ay ay cap.' The first officer saluted before walking to the taxi bay and Mina shook her head with a grin.

'Got any plans tomorrow?' Sana asked as she fell into step with Mina who was walking to the carpark.

'Why? Do you want to take me somewhere?' Mina asked as she fished out the car keys from her pocket.

'Well.. Maybe.' The flight attendant looked down to her polished heels.

'We'll see if I can get out of bed tomorrow.' Mina laughed and began to load their luggage into the boot of the car.

'Alright.' Sana pouted as she got into the car.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

The captain didn't manage to get out of bed and so Sana only saw her on the day of their next flight which was to Japan.

'Sorry.' Was the first thing Mina said when she saw the lead air stewardess.

'It's okay. I woke up in the evening anyway.' Sana lied even though she woke around noon, hoping to get a message from her favourite captain.

'Air crew is good for boarding!' The airport staff nodded towards the bunch of flight attendants and pilots.

Upon boarding, Mina and Jeongyeon promptly locked themselves in the cockpit and began going through the safety and pre-flight checklist while the flight attendants checked that the plane was prepared.

'Engine display.' Jeongyeon read off the list.

'Selected.'

'Beacon lights?'

'Both on.'

'We're done then.'

The cockpit phone rang and Jeongyeon picked it up.

'Helloo.' She sang.

'Passengers are all seated.'

'Well that's fast. Thank you.'

Mina shrugged and picked up the announcement system to greet the passengers and make the standard report of their flight plan, the weather and their destination.

The safety video began to play as they rolled down the tarmac and towards the take-off strip.

'Cabin crew to take-off stations.' Jeongyeon said and turned to Mina who stuck a thumb up.

'Cleared.'

Mina rested her hand on the throttle and pushed it forward while Jeongyeon guarded the captain's hand.

'Flaps.'

'Up.'

'As expected from one of the best pilots in the company.' Jeongyeon applauded and Mina laughed.

'Is this not a standard take-off?'

'It was smoother than any other. Same as your landings. It's like descending on clouds.'

'Flattery.'

The short flight of two hours were easier for the flight attendants due to the fact that there would only be refreshments and no meals served.

'Hold the fort will you? I need some coffee.' Mina unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the cockpit.

Seeing that Sana wasn't around, she poured herself a cup of coffee and added sugar and creamer.

'Here to hang?' Sana asked and Mina almost jumped.

'Like you suggested.' Mina grinned and stirred her coffee.

'You couldn't stand one and a half hours of jokes?'

'I'd rather spend one and a half hours with you.' The captain sipped her coffee and Sana blushed furiously.

'Sweet talker.'

'Just saying the truth. Since we'll be in Japan, let's go take a walk around our homeland.'

'You would?'

'To make up for yesterday.'

'Sounds good to me.' Sana grinned.

 


 

'Loookkk! A penguin!' Sana jumped as she held on to Mina's arm.

'I see it.' The younger one replied calmly, slightly chuckling at the older lady's enthusiasm.

'I'll win it for you!' Sana hopped over to the crane machine and popped in a coin.

'Can you really?'

'Trust me; I'm a pro at these.' Sana said and stuck her tongue out in concentration, an action which Mina found to be both amusing and lovable at the same time.

True to her words, Sana managed to snag the penguin plush by the foot and dropped it into the hole.

'Ta-da~' she gave the penguin to Mina who hugged it.

'Thank you. It's really cute.'

'Just like you.' Sana muttered thinking that Mina didn't hear.

You're so obvious sometimes, Mina thought.

They spent the rest of the day walking around Tokyo and recounted their childhood memories of living in Japan.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

Their week seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye because they were already going through landing procedures for arrival back at Incheon.

They packed the plane and handed it over before parting ways just like the flight from Melbourne but this time, things played out a little different.

It was winter in South Korea and the biting cold of the winter winds at 2 am were no joke. Even if the walk to the car was a short one, Sana could feel her bones rattling from the cold and her knees were shaking.

Damn these stockings.

Mina must have noticed the girl trembling because she shrugged of her blazer and draped it around the stewardess's shoulders.

'T-t-thanks.' She chattered.

'The car is just there. I'll take this.' Mina reached over and grabbed the handle in Sana's hands before racing off towards the car. She started the engine and turned up the heat before keeping their baggage and opened the door for Sana who hopped in.

'Still cold?'

'Not that much. It's a little better in here.'

'It's 2°C out there.' Mina read off the instrument panel and drove out of the airport's carpark.

'Well , no wonder I'm freezing.'

'Acclimatized to only the 8°C of Tokyo eh?'

'Yeah.'

Mina reached over and held the girl's freezing hand.

'So I heard you say I was cute hmm.' Mina hummed in a teasing manner.

'Oh my gosh you heard that?'

'Oh come on Sana. Do you really think you are being subtle right now? In fact, did you really think you were being subtle all this while?'

'Was I not?'

'To be honest, no. I could tell from the start.'

'Damn it.'

'But hey, it's cool. Just so you know, I wouldn't mind having a relationship with a dorky air stewardess.'

The words slowly sank in Sana's head as she felt the warmth from the heater seep into her bones.

'Wait what? Was that? Did you just?' Sana opened and closed like a goldfish and Mina burst into laughter.

'Yes, it's exactly what you think I did. Am I suave enough? I think I should ask properly.' Mina stopped at the red light.

'Will you do the honours of being my girlfriend and fly with me for.. as long as our contract lasts?'

'Oh my gosh yes!' Sana bounced in the passenger seat in excitement. She felt like she could explode any minute. Mina reached to the backseat and took her cap.

'I don't have a ring right now but.. here.' She sniggered and pulled the cap over Sana's head.

'Do I look like you yet?' Sana asked as she slipped her arms though the armholes of the blazer and strike a pose.

'Almost. Sadly you're too cute to be me. You need to add a little more coolness into that.' Mina joked and Sana punched her in the arm.

'Ai ai, no hurting your captain.' Mina playfully chided.

'I think I have special priorities now.' Sana leaned over and ruffled Mina's hair.

'Says who?'

'Says me.' Sana planted a kiss on the captain's cheek.

'Oh look! First snow!' Mina yelped as the light turned green.

'I guess that's a sign.'

Mina only let out a contented hum but their tightly clasped hands were enough to express true feelings.