Falling for you

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina and Sana goes on an icy adventure.


 

Mina was in the kitchen making a cup of coffee when she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist and a warm body pressed flush against her back.

'Coffee again?' The smooth voice asked as the owner rested her head on the girl's shoulder and nuzzled her face into Mina's hair.

'Why? It tastes good.' Mina added hot water and stirred the brown elixir.

'It's bad if you drink too much. I don't want you to die so soon you know.' Sana slurred as she breathed on Mina's neck.

'I won't die drinking one cup a day.' Mina chuckled as she added some cold water so that her drink would become warm.

The pair of arms loosened their grip as Mina turned around to face the girl, cup of coffee in hand as she leaned against the counter. Sana rested her hands lightly on Mina's waist and stepped closer.

'What shall we do today?' Sana asked and Mina tilted the cup toward her, letting Sana take a sip.

'I don't know. Maybe today will end up like yesterday.' Mina shrugged and took another sip.

'But all we did yesterday was laze around and watch Netflix.' Sana whined.

'Why? Do you want to add some "chill" in there?' Mina snickered and placed the cup down behind her.

'Why are you like this?' Sana groaned and jabbed a finger into Mina's sides, making the girl laugh.

'What do you suggest we do then?' Mina looked into Sana's light brown orbs. Honestly she just felt like staring into the girl's eyes for a long time because they were so hypnotising.

'I don't know. Can we go out?' Sana leaned forward and bumped their foreheads together.

'Where do you suggest? It's freezing outside.' Mina interlocked her fingers behind Sana's neck.

'Lunch? Walk around and go wherever we feel like going.' Sana proposed and Mina could smell the coffee in her breath even though she only had one sip.

'Hmm alright. Let's get changed.' Mina was about to slip out of Sana's little barricade when the girl held on to Mina's waist.

'After this.' Sana leaned in and locked their lips. The taste of coffee lingered on both their lips and they smiled.

 


 

Their hands found each other like magnets and their fingers instantly interlocked.

'I feel nice and full now.' Mina smiled and looked at Sana who was swinging their hands back and forth.

'Time to walk around and digest?' Sana asked and Mina nodded.

'I thought of something we could do after walking around.' Mina grinned and Sana raised an eyebrow.

'What?'

'You'll know later.' Mina grinned.

Sana shook her head with a smile and let go of Mina's hand.

'Why?' Mina asked when she saw Sana slip her hand into her coat pocket.

'This.' Sana pulled out a hot pack and held it in her hand before reaching out for Mina's hand again and interlocked their fingers. 'This way our hands won't freeze from being romantic.'

'Silly.' Mina chuckled at Sana's action and leaned over to press a kiss on the girl's temple.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

'This is your surprise?' Sana eyed the huge ice skating rink that had a few other people skating around.

'Yep. Come on, it'll be fun!' Mina pulled Sana towards the rental counter.

'But I can't skate!'

'I'll teach you!' Mina laughed at her girlfriend who was trying to run away.

They collected their skates and sat down on the bench. Mina expertly tied up the laces and stood up only to see Sana with the laces tangled all over her fingers and wrist.

'Let me help you with that.' Mina kneeled down and laughed at Sana who blushed.

'I never did this before okay.' Sana pouted and Mina just couldn't resist that face so she placed her hands on Sana's thighs and pushed herself up a little to kiss the girl's pout away.

'That's not going to pacify me, Myoui Mina.' Sana said and the girl grinned.

'It wasn't supposed to. You were just too cute.' Mina laughed as she tied up the laces and tucked the excess into Sana's skates. Sana stood up and instantly wobbled. If Mina hadn't caught her flailing arms, she would have probably fallen back onto the bench.

'If I fall, you're so dead.' Sana threatened as Mina stepped out onto the rink.

‘Relax; you won't fall with me around. I promise.' Mina smiled as she held onto Sana so that the girl could find her balance as she stepped out onto the ice.

'Okay so to move, don't move your legs like how you would usually walk because then you'll fall and I'll die. Instead, shift your weight to one leg and use the other to propel you forward by tilting it slightly diagonal and push.' Mina explained and showed Sana an example. Sana tried to follow but somehow almost fell backwards and Mina quickly caught her.

'Also, bend your knees so you'll be more stable and try to lean forward just slightly. Don't lean backwards because you would fall. Obviously. Ready?' Mina pulled Sana along as the girl kept an iron grip on her hand.

The first few rounds along the sides of the rink was slow and consisted of Sana slapping Mina on the arm every time the girl tried to scare her into thinking she was about to fall or when she tried to let go, lots of squealing and Sana flapping her arms whenever she lost her balance. Sana hadn't fallen yet so it wasn't that bad.

'You're getting the hang of it; do you want to try alone?' Mina asked and Sana nodded as she kept her gaze on the floor in front of her. 'Try to relax. Your gaze is so fiery the ice is going to melt.'

'Shut up.' Sana smacked Mina's arm again but let go of the latter's hand. Mina made sure Sana was stable before skating off, zipping past the other skaters and did a complete round in less than ten seconds.

'Curse you.' Sana said as she wobbled. Mina was back by her side but she had only moved a couple feet from where they separated.

'Just keep going, you're really getting better. Try to copy my movements.' Mina said and skated off slower this time. Sana watched how Mina glided across the ice so gracefully and realised that her girlfriend was actually really perfect. Mina could do so many things and still exude class and elegance.

She stopped and held on to the side as she watched Mina do a few tricks at the centre of the rink, even performing a couple of pirouettes, earning the attention of a few people. Being a ballerina sure is great. Maybe she should have learnt ballet to improve her sense of balance.

Sana smiled at Mina's graceful form before turning back to skate. She was determined to go a complete round by herself to make Mina proud so she pushed herself forward with the help of the border and tried to replicate Mina's movements.

It was going great and she was moving along must faster now. Mina was going around the rink as well and every time she passed Sana, she would give the girl a little cheer which made Sana feel very accomplished and her confidence boomed.

Sana thought that she could pick up speed and move as fast as Mina but she skated over a uneven patch of ice and lost her balance. Having found stability, she had moved an arm’s length away from the border earlier on but it proved to be a bad decision now because she lost her balance and in her panic, leaned backwards and her legs slipped out from under her weight just like how Mina had told her.

Sana braced herself for the hard impact when her back collided with the cruel frozen ground but was instead met with something much warmer and softer.

'Are you okay?' A voice asked from below her and she rolled off the person to see Mina lying on the ice.

'Oh my gosh! I should be the one asking if you're okay! Is your back hurt? Is anything broken? Why did you do that?' Sana fussed in her little panic as Mina sat up. Sana patted the girl's back to get rid of the small pieces of ice stuck on her back and tried to help the girl up only to slip again. Mina ended up helping her stand up instead.

'I'm fine; I fell many times while learning anyway. A little fall like this is nothing.' Mina assured Sana who still had a worried look etched on her face.

'Really?'

'Of course! I don't think this is as bad as falling face first is it?'

'True...' Sana agreed and ruffled Mina's hair. 'Thank you.'

'Don't mention it. It's my duty to make sure you don't hurt yourself. After all, I'm trying to make sure I survive too.' Mina laughed. 'Wait.'

'What? Did you break something?' Sana started to panic again but Mina looked at her straight in the eye.

'I guess I could say, you fell for me.' Mina said with a straight face before her lips betrayed her and broke out into a wide grin. Sana smacked Mina's arm for the nth time as the girl guffawed.

She took Sana's hand into her own.

'We still have some time to go a few more rounds. Want to go? Together?' Mina pulled Sana who slid up beside her.

'Okay.'

Mina helped Sana start moving and the girl quickly caught up to Mina. Their hands moved around as Sana tried to keep her balance while Mina tried to hold it as stable as she could so that Sana wouldn't fall again.

'Oop.' Mina chuckled as Sana crashed into her when she stopped at the exit of the rink.

'Heh, sorry.'

'It's okay. Next time, I'll teach you how to stop.' Mina laughed and helped Sana off the ice. They returned the skates and put their shoes back on before leaving.

'That was fun.' Sana smiled at Mina who also had the same smile on her face.

'Glad you enjoyed yourself. Is this better than Netflix?'

'Definitely, but I'm not sure about Netflix and chill.' Sana wiggled her eyebrows.

'And you said I was erted.' Mina huffed.

'It's because of you that I thought of it!' Sana protested.

'So you're my presence is giving you the thought?' Mina teased and Sana turned as red as a ripe tomato.

'No! You... ugh!' Sana groaned and detached her hand from Mina, walking off quickly.

'Come back!' Mina laughed as she chased after Sana. They ran all the way to the bus stop and Mina quickly latched on to the older girl's back before she could run any further.

'I thought you were gonna run all the way home at that rate.' Mina chuckled. 'Teasing you is fun.'

'Please, I'm not some professional athlete.' Sana rolled her eyes but pulled Mina out from behind her so that they could stand facing each other. 'I hate you.'

'Love you too.' Mina smiled and combed her fingers through Sana's slightly messed locks.

 


 

'Harder.'

'Where?' Mina shifted her hand.

'Ugh yes, right there.' Sana groaned into the pillow.

'Shouldn't you face the sides so you don't suffocate?' Mina asked Sana who was lying face down on the bed.

'I'll be fine!' Sana's muffled voice sounded from the mattress.

Mina was currently giving Sana a massage. The girl woke up complaining of aching muscles all over.

'Man, is ice skating some kind of full body work out?' Sana groaned as Mina rubbed the small of her back.

'Well, beginners are always tensed because they're afraid of falling and so they basically use every muscle they have to not fall. You kinda fell yesterday and waved your arms around a lot. Does that explain why?' Mina said and ran her knuckles down the sides of Sana's spine, causing the girl to unconsciously moan.

'Sorry.' Sana said and Mina just rolled over in laughter.

'Stop.' Sana whined and tried to cover Mina's face with it but Mina was much stronger and smacked the pillow away.

'You're so red oh my god.' Mina wheezed and Sana gave up, flopping down on top of Mina and the latter moved the girl's hair away from her face.

'So much for you even saying that you can't compare ice skating with Netflix and chill.' Mina snickered and Sana banged her forehead on the latter's collar bone.

'Okay okay, I'll stop. Can you lift your head up and breathe? It's getting a little concerning because your face has been smushed into something for the past twenty minutes.'

'I can breathe perfectly fine, thank you very much. And no, I won't move because I'm comfortable and you smell amazing.' Sana said.

'I guess we'll spend today like this then.' Mina kissed Sana's crown and wrapped her arms around the girl.

'That would be perfect.' Sana hummed in content.