Genie

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina and Sana are waitresses at a restaurant. Based off an idea from a friend of mine :D


 

'Mina! Table 19!'

'Coming!' The girl called out as she grabbed the bottle of cleaning liquid and a table cloth. She quickly walked over to the vacated table and began stacking up the dishes. A few sprays and wipes later, she piled the dishes onto her right arm and carried the rest of the cups in her left and whisked them off to the kitchen.

Everything was going well until she saw another waitress walking away from the dishwasher. Her right hand slipped and the plates went crashing to the floor.

'What the hell happened over there?' Mina heard the supervisor ask from the other end of the kitchen.

'Nothing to worry about! Everything is fine!' She replied and placed the cups down before cleaning up the plates that were scattered over the floor.

'Better be nothing!' Her supervisor grumbled.

She knelt down and began to gather them when she saw another figure helping her. A small stack of plates were handed to her and she looked up to see the same waitress.

'T-thanks.' Mina stuttered and took the plates, quickly standing up. 'Sana right? The new waitress?'

'Yes, how did you know?' Sana asked, truly surprised.

Mina pursed her lips and dipped her head a little, bringing her finger up to point at the girl's badge which stated the girl's name and a small 'New!' sticker in fine print.

The taller girl's mouth curved into a small 'o' shape in understanding.

'I-I should go take care of these.' Mina slightly lifted the stack of plates.

'Yeah.' Sana smiled and walked back out.

'Someone has a crush eh?' Momo grinned and nudged Mina when she neared the dishwasher.

'Shut up. The only person having a crush is you and that regular blonde over there. Don't think I didn't see the smiles you exchange.' Mina scowled and placed the plastic plates inside before shutting it and pressing the start button.

'Oh really.' Momo deadpanned. 'I wonder how many times your hand has slipped whenever you see Sana.'

'It's not that many.' Mina rolled her eyes and walked away; knowing deep down it has been a reoccurring thing ever since the girl started working at the restaurant three weeks ago.

Charmed was an understatement. The girl had completely blown Mina away with her beauty from the very start.

The way her hair flowed over her shoulders, the way she would smile and greet the customers, the way she elegantly cleared up the plates. Mina liked it best when they had closed up the shop because Sana would then gather her hair up into a high ponytail which was honestly too hot to handle.

The girl sure had charms and that was something Mina couldn't deny. Something just seemed to pull her in. Like a drug. From the one time they made eye contact, Mina was a goner. She was also very sure Sana knew and was purposefully flipping her hair whenever they walked past each other. What a tease, Mina concluded.

She stepped through the noren curtains and caught sight of Sana at the cash register processing a customer's bill. She went ahead to their table to clean up the used plates. Once again, she walked back into the kitchen and loaded them into the dishwasher.

'Look who didn't drop the plates when someone isn't around.' Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows.

Mina ignored her and walked back out. Sana probably thinks of her as a klutz for always dropping things. So much for trying to present a cool and chic side to impress the taller girl.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

'Mind if I sit?' A soft voice asked and Mina didn't need to look up to see who it was. She nodded and she heard the girl take a seat across the table. 'Are you okay?'

Mina hummed, not raising her head. She had her head in her arms on the table, trying to take a short nap during their lunch break.

'Sorry.'

'What for?' Mina asked, voice muffled by her arms.

'For making you drop all those plates.'

'How would you know it's because of you?' Mina asked. She could feel her face heating up and her heart rate increasing. Thank god Sana couldn't see how red her face had become.

'Well the little birdies around the restaurant, especially the chefs chirp a lot.' Sana chuckled.

'Damn those little birdies. I should turn them into chicken stew.' Mina grumbled, blushing even harder.

Sana's melodious and light laughter filled her ears and her lips unconsciously broke into a smile. That contagious laughter will be the death of her one day.

'What can I do so that your hands wouldn't slip? Wouldn't want you to get in trouble for always dropping plates.' Sana asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

'Maybe you could give me a kiss.' Mina mumbled under her breath. There was a moment of silence and the girl assumed Sana was still waiting for an answer. She raised her head to give a proper answer only to come face to face with the black haired girl who was leaning over the table.

'W-w-what are you doing?' Mina stammered when Sana didn't move away. She could feel the other girl's breath on her lips.

'Giving you what you asked for.' Sana grinned and leaned in slightly, grazing their lips together.

Mina felt like her lips were on fire. Was she dreaming? Did she fall asleep while resting? She shook her head to wake herself up but nothing changed. That really happened.

Sana had a amused smile on her face with that gentle gaze Mina loved oh-so-much.

'Did you just? Am I? Was that?' Mina pointed to Sana then to herself and then to her lips. With each shift of finger, Sana nodded and her smile grew wider.

'You should be careful what you wish for.'

'Will what I wish for come true?' Mina asked, still in a daze.

'If it is within the genie's means, yes.'

'Genie.' Mina repeated. Yes, Sana was as magical as a genie.

'Will I get another kiss?'

'If the love of your life is dating you.'

'Will the love of my life ever date me?'

'Depends if you ask her out.'

'But it has only been three weeks..' Mina's shoulders slouched.

'That doesn't mean she wouldn't accept it.'

'How are you so sure?'

'Because I am a genie.' Sana laughed.

'Can I make my wish now?'

'Of course.'

'I want the love of my life to be my girlfriend.' Mina smiled dreamily and took Sana's hand.

'Yes, your wish is granted.' Sana giggled.

'One more wish.'

'Yes?'

'You don't happen to have any rings do you?' Mina's eyes curved into sheepish half-moons.

'That, the genie doesn't have.'

'Then will the genie go ring shopping in..' Mina glanced at the wall clock. 'Four hours’ time?'

'The genie would gladly follow you anywhere you want.'

'My genie.' Mina played with Sana's fingers.

'Your genie.' Sana nodded with a smile.

'Break time is over lovebirds!' Momo sniggered.

'Speaking of birds, I think I have a chicken stew to prepare.' Mina let go of Sana's hand and marched towards the kitchen where a strangled scream could be heard and along with frantic footsteps as the chef tried to find a safe hiding spot.