Party magic

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina learns that not all parties end in a wasted disaster.


 

'For the last time, Jeongyeon, I'm not going!' I groaned as ran someone over in GTA V. How I wish it was Yoo Jeongyeon.

'How about you try to not be a spoilsport for once and go? It will be fun!' She sat down beside me and slung her arms over my shoulder.

'I don't see the fun in going to some house party hosted by someone I don't even know, and then deal with shrieking, bellowing and vomiting people.' I deadpanned.

'You know the host! You met her before! Does the name Im Nayeon ring a bell to you?'

I raised an eyebrow and racked my brain. Im Nayeon. That actually does sound familiar.

'The one with the bunny teeth?' I asked as I murdered a cop and three wanted stars appeared below the mini map.

'See? You know her! Come on~' Jeongyeon pulled my arm and I tried to pull away.

'Stop that! You're going to make me crash!' I shrugged her off. 'What is in for me if I go?'

'There are a lot of pretty girls.' She grinned and I cursed internally. Damn it.

'Fine. But if I find it boring in the first half hour, I'm leaving.' I gave in and she fist pumped.

'As long as you turn up, I'm good.' She grinned and leapt off the couch, waltzing to the kitchen.

I hate my housemate.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

Since I’m not even feeling up to party or drunk, i decided to dress casual. My favourite pair of white Adidas, a pair of back ripped jeans and a grey hoodie.

'Let's go!' Jeongyeon sang and dragged me out of the house by the elbow.

I hate to admit it but the party was actually pretty cool. It wasn't in some cramped house but in a pretty semi-D which looked pretty modern.

Jeongyeon stepped onto the porch and I could already hear the music being blasted from inside.

'Do you really think they can hear the doorbell over all that?' I waved my hand in the air, gesturing at the blaring music.

Just as I said that, the door swung open to reveal a familiar light brown haired girl.

'Hey! You made it! Oh Mina! I'm surprised. How much did Jeongyeon pester you?' Momo grinned.

'A lot.' I rolled my eyes as Jeongyeon stepped forward and gave Momo a hug.

'I hope you'll stay more than five minutes.' Momo laughed and gave me a fist bump.

'I'll try.' I chuckled and we stepped in. The place was dark and a disco ball hung from the ceiling, reflecting the lights from the strobes around the room. Dubstep was blasting over the speakers and we could literally feel the bass vibrating under our feet.

'Help yourselves around! Nayeon is somewhere around!' Momo yelled and pushed us into the centre of the room.

'Go dance till you drop. I'm going to camp out by the bar.' I pointed at the counter that had been converted into a bar for tonight.

'Cheers man!' Jeongyeon waved at me and I walked off. I made myself comfortable in the seat at the very corner by the wall and the 'bartender' walked over.

'Tzuyu?' I asked incredulously.

'Hey Mina unnie. Man, I surprised to see you.' The younger girl laughed.

'Why.. Never mind. I don't think I want to know. Any non-alcoholic drinks?'

'Uh, no. But we have some breezer. 4% should be fine. You'll probably only pass out if you drink like.. a few packs of six.' Tzuyu laughed. 'What flavour do you prefer?'

'Whatever that you recommend.' I drummed my fingers on the countertop. Tzuyu brought out a pinkish bottle and popped the top open.

'Peach. Drink your friend.' Tzuyu grinned and I laughed. I took a sip and she gave me a expectant look.

'Not too bad. Thanks yoda.'

'Have fun.' And with that, she walked off.

I turned to lean against the wall as I watched the other people partying and conversing actively. There was another girl sitting two chairs down the counter whose face was covered by her long, dark hair which seemed to be ombré red, drinking alone. Maybe she got dragged to this party as well.

The party seemed pretty tame so far but I wouldn't judge too soon since everyone was still pretty sober and in their right mind. I could see Jeongyeon on the dance floor with Momo throwing some random hip hop moves around. The lack of drunken people motivated me to stay on a little longer.

‘You came alone?’ a voice asked and I turned to see a girl with short hair.

‘Not really. I came with Jeongyeon but she left me for her girlfriend.’ I mused and took another sip of my drink. ‘What about you?’

‘I came with my girlfriend. See that girl flapping her arms like an eagle over there?’ the girl pointed at a girl in a black by the stereo. ‘That’s Dahyun.’

‘Is she drunk?’

‘No, she’s always like that on a daily basis.’ The girl laughed and Tzuyu slid a tumbler of light brown liquid which I presumed was rum and coke towards her.

‘I see. What’s your name?’ I asked.

‘Son Chaeyoung. You?’

‘Myoui Mina.’ I looked at her and smiled. The girl sitting at the other end had raised her head to take a sip of her drink but I still couldn’t catch a clear glimpse of her face.

‘Ah, so you’re that Mina that Jeongyeon talks about. She always tells me you’d rather sleep or play video games at home rather than come to these kinda parties.’ Chaeyoung chuckled.

‘You know her?’ my eyes widened in surprise.

‘She’s my cousin.’

Explains why they have the same cheeky smile, I thought to myself.

‘Hey, did you happen to see Nayeon anywhere?’ I asked the girl.

‘Yeah, I think she’s somewhere near the balcony.’

‘I should probably go say hi or something. Thanks.’ I smiled and slid off the bar stool.

‘See you around.’ Chaeyoung waved.

I weaved through the dancing bodies and made my way towards the balcony where I saw Nayeon and another girl around my height. They seemed to be engaged in a light conversation so I slowly walked up to them.

‘Hello.’ The girl said and I nodded.

‘Hey. Just thought I should come to say hi.’ I flashed a toothy grin.

‘You’re Mina right? Glad you could make it.’ Nayeon shook my hand. ‘How is it so far? To your liking?’

‘Yeah, it’s great. I’m not really picky actually, I’m just too lazy to go out and socialize.’ I said.

‘I’ve heard. It’s cool that you showed up. Maybe you would make a few friends here. Oh, where are my manners. This is Jihyo.’ Nayeon gestured to the girl who greeted me.

‘It’s nice to meet you.’ She smiled and revealed her straight pearly whites.

‘It’s nice to meet you too.’ I returned the greeting. ‘I’ll just go back to my seat and watch you guys party now.’ I laughed a little awkwardly but Jihyo patted my shoulder in such a comforting way that I actually felt a little better.

‘No worries just go ahead. As long as you have fun in your own way.’ She flashed me a genuine smile and I nodded before making my way back to the bar. As I got closer, I could see another guy leaning against the counter talking to the girl from before who seemed to be tilting her body slightly away from him. From the looks of it, she clearly didn’t enjoy his presence at all.

‘What’s your name?’ I heard him ask as I approached slowly. The girl remained silent and he chuckled on his own. ‘Being a little tease? Let me buy you a drink.’ He insisted.

‘I already have one, thank you.’ She spoke firmly in a soft and smooth voice.

‘Then can I at least get your name.’ he prompted again but she made no move to respond. ‘Trying to act all mysterious on me huh? Why? You got a boyfriend?’

I felt like I couldn’t watch him pester her anymore so I walked up to him.

‘Something the matter?’ I asked as I walked up and stood in between them.

‘Who are you?’ he asked.

Who am I? I’m her-

‘Girlfriend.’

. That wasn’t what I was supposed to say. Abort abort abort.

I could feel the girl’s gaze burning into the back of my head but I refused to turn around.

‘Girlfriend?’ he repeated.

‘Yes.’ I said with all the confidence I could muster.

‘Alright.’ He raised his hands as if he was surrendering and stepped back. ‘Sorry buddy.’ He turned around and walked away.

I decided to make a quick getaway and bolt for the front door but the girl must have read my intentions and caught the hood of my hoodie, making me stumble back slightly. I forced myself to just look straight and not show my face to avoid further embarrassing myself but she called out to me.

‘Hey.’ She said gently and I gulped before slowly turning around. I braced myself for a slap since that probably offended or disturbed her and pretty girls are always known to have quite a temper sometimes but she was smiling.

I could finally get a clear look of her face and praise the lords; she was beautiful. Her long flowing hair was curled slightly and parted to the right, revealing her small face with the most stunning features I have ever seen. Those perfect brows and sparkly eyes, attractively high nose bridge with a sharp nose, slightly chubby cheeks, a jawline so sharp I would probably get a cut if I ran my finger along it and of course, a pair of lips that look oh-so soft.

‘Y-yeah?’

Damn it, why are you stuttering? Now she’s going to think you’re weird.

‘Thanks.’ She smiled and I kid you not, it was the best smile I ever seen.

‘No problem.’ I said quickly and turned to escape again but she managed to get a good grip of my arm this time.

‘Where are you going? You don’t want to be near me?’ she giggled lightly and I felt like my ears have been blessed.

‘No, I’m just trying to save myself the embarrassment. I swear to every god out there, I meant to say friend but I don’t know why I ended up saying girlfriend and I’m so sorry if that offended you or made you uncomfortable in anyway at all. I swear I’m not a creep and oh my god I’m rambling again. Sorry.’ I said it all in one breath and she began to laugh.

‘It’s okay, don’t feel embarrassed or whatever. You got that part right anyway.’ She chuckled. ‘Can we talk for a little? You seem like a really interesting person.’

Holy , did this goddess just ask me to stay and have a chat?

‘S-sure.’ I slid onto the bar stool next to her, internally screaming at myself not to mess up again.

‘Oh you’re back. I thought you left.’ Tzuyu said as she appeared from behind me and walked to the other side of the counter.

‘Well, it seems alright for now so I guess hanging around a little more wouldn’t hurt.’ I smiled.

‘You were going to leave?’ the girl asked me.

‘Uh, yeah but since we’re going to talk or something, I guess I can stay.’ I scratched the back of my head.

‘She’s not one to socialize a lot.’ Tzuyu chuckled and the girl seemed to nod in understanding.

‘Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Sana.’ The girl extended a hand and I prayed with all my might that my palms weren’t sweaty before I placed my hand into hers.

‘Mina.’ I said simply and shook it a few times before pulling back, unconsciously rubbing my thigh.

‘You don’t like handshakes? Sorry.’ She apologized and my eyebrows rose to my hairline.

‘Oh, no, it’s fine, really. I just- It’s not- ugh.’ I sighed and banged both my elbows on the countertop and buried my face into my hands. Great job Mina. You made a fool of yourself in front of a pretty girl and now she’ll never want to see you again because you . Way to go. I heard Tzuyu let out a snort as she wiped the glasses.

‘It’s okay. I think I get what you were trying to say. Don’t be nervous, I’m not going to eat you up or anything.’ Sana giggled and patted my back.

‘This is why I don’t leave my house.’ I mumbled into my hands but somehow she must have heard me because she giggled even more. Now you’re a clown to her. Awesome.

‘Do you want to go somewhere more comfortable? Maybe this place is making you excessively nervous.’ She offered.

No, it’s not the place, it’s just you.

‘Oh. Sorry. Should I go?’ Sana said, sounding a little guilty.

‘Wait what? Why?’ I turned to look at her so fast I almost got whiplash.

, did I say that aloud?

‘Yes, you did.’ Sana gave a little smile.

‘I said that aloud too didn’t I.’ I groaned and dropped my head onto the marble countertop with a loud bang. That’s definitely going to bruise but whatever. My pride is currently more bruised than my forehead.

‘It’s going to leave a mark.’ Sana said with a slightly amused tone and pulled me up by the shoulder.

‘I don’t think I should be encouraging you to drink more alcohol so you can loosen up so let’s go somewhere that makes you more relaxed.’

‘I can’t drink anyway.’

‘Perfect. Shall we go?’ she asked, already standing.

‘Just give me a moment.’ I said and I jogged towards the PDA couple, clearing my throat really loudly which made Jeongyeon pull her head away from Momo’s neck.

‘I’m going to go for a drive. Text me when you’re done with.. Whatever this is.’ I said.

Jeongyeon looked past my shoulder and must have saw Sana standing there, looking at me because she wiggled her eyebrow in this way that made me want to smack her.

‘Shut up.’ I said before she even opened .

‘How would you know what I was going to say? ert.’ She snickered and I bit back a curse. I glared at her and she laughed. ‘Just go, I’ll hitch a ride home by myself later. Have fun man.’

With that, I spun around and walked back to Sana.

‘So that’s your friend?’ She said, falling into step with me as we walked towards the front door.

‘Yeah. She’s a real pain in the sometimes.’ I held the door open for Sana before stepping out myself.

‘Momo is the friend I came with actually. Seems like we got ditched for their couple business.’ She chuckled. ‘So where are we going?’ she asked as she walked down the steps of the porch.

‘Fancy a drive?’ I asked.

‘You sure you won’t crash if I make you jittery again for some unknown reason?’ she joked.

‘Doubt so. I’m one of the best drivers around.’ I fished the car key out of my jean pocket and led her towards my car. I unlocked the car and the backlights flashed.

‘You drive a Mercedes?’ She asked in slight awe.

I only nodded and opened the door for her to get in before closing it and getting into the driver’s seat. The engine rumbled to life and I shifted gear, turning out from my spot between two cars. I switched the entertainment system on so that the silence wouldn’t be too awkward and just drove around.

‘Why did you do that anyway?’ Sana suddenly asked.

‘I don’t know. I guess I just couldn’t stand seeing guys forcing themselves on girls.’ I shrugged as I kept my eyes on the road.

‘Maybe I should tell you more about myself so you would feel a little less uptight.’ She said. Why does such a kind and caring person exist, oh my god.

Sana began to tell me about herself, how she came from Japan, how she met Momo, the little things about her, how she likes to collect fragrances and how she played for both teams.

‘What about you? I’ll assume you swing both ways?’

‘Yeah, I do.’ I shot her a quick glance.

I wonder why she asked anyway. It didn’t seem like such a pretty lady would like someone like me. Maybe she’s just curious.

I exhaled deeply as I made a right, cruising down the highway.

‘You’re really cute you know that?’ She suddenly said and I almost swerved.

‘W-what makes you say that?’ I asked nervously.

‘I don’t know. There’s just something special about you that kind of draws me to want to know you more. The way you ramble when you’re nervous is endearing too.’

‘So you’re saying you have a crush on me?’ I asked carefully and she hummed in response. ‘Are you playing around?’

‘What? Of course not! It’s cruel to play with someone’s feelings. Why would you think that?’

‘I don’t know. It’s just unlikely. Unimaginable. Why would someone like you even like me? You’re everything I’m not. You could probably charm the socks off anyone you want.’ I explained.

‘Because you’re you. I know it’s too soon to say all of this but, I just have this feeling that you are the right one. My gut feelings are almost always right.’

‘I could be that small margin that’s wrong.’

‘Why are you so negative?’ She asked and I paused.

‘Sorry. I just never think I’m good enough for anyone.’

‘Will you give me a chance then?’ Sana asked, sounding hopeful.

‘I don’t see why not. It’s not every day this happens.’ I joked and Sana smiled.

‘I’ll show you exactly why I believe in you.’ She reached over and ruffled my hair.

Maybe the party wasn’t such a bad idea after all.