Winter love

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina and Sana are teachers at a kindergarten.


 

'Don't run too fast! And be careful!' Sana yelled as the children raced towards the playground.

It was winter now but despite the cold, the kids still loved playing outside. Sana found them to be especially adorable during winter because they would be wrapped up from head to toe in warm clothing that would make them look cuddly.

The excited squeals of the children could be heard as they ran around the playground and engaged in a game of tag.

Sana sat down on a bench under a now barren tree and watched a group of kids start a snowball fight. It reminded her of her own childhood where she would often play with her neighbours out in the cold and have ice cream. Osaka rarely snowed and there was never enough snow to build snowmen or have a snowball fight so Sana would sometimes join her class of kids in their games to make up for her snow deprived childhood but today, she opted to just watch them.

'Mina seonsaengnim! Mina seonsaengnim! Can we go play now?' She heard a little boy ask in excitement. She turned around to see a fellow teacher surrounded by a group of children that reached up only to her hip.

'Just remember, no pushing and shoving each other okay? Be gentle.' Mina bent down and reminded them and they let out a collective 'Yes!' Before their teacher patted them and they ran along.

Mina saw her co-worker sitting on the bench and walked over to join her.

'May I?' Mina asked and Sana scooted over to make some room.

'How nice it must be to be kids. Carefree and stress-free.' Sana smiled as she watched a pair of children lay down in the snow to make a snow angel.

'Makes you want to go back to your childhood days doesn't it?' Mina asked and the other lady hummed.

'You're new here?'

'Yea. This is my first week here. I'm glad the kids opened up to me really quickly.'

'You seemed really good with them earlier. It's no surprise they like you.' Sana nodded.

'Myoui Mina.'

'Minatozaki Sana.' The lady smiled and tilted her head in a small bow as she shook Mina's cold hand.

'Not wearing gloves?'

'Nope. I like the cold actually so it doesn't really affect me.' Mina said. Sana noticed that the other teacher only had a grey goat over what seems to be a white pullover and a red vest.

Sana on the other hand was in a padded jacket with a scarf around her neck and mittens on her hands.

'Uhm....' Sana looked down to her mittens.

'It's okay. I think you look cute like that. All wrapped up and stuff.' Mina giggled.

'Thanks I guess.'

She was about to ask more about the girl when Mina suddenly jumped up and ran towards the playground.

'Wha-' Sana's eyes widened as she saw Mina snatch a girl who was hanging on an arm off the monkey bars.

'Nayeon, no. That's dangerous.' Mina frowned slightly and poked the girl's pouty lips.

'But I want to play on the monkey bars too!' Nayeon protested and waved her arms.

'We can help you.' Sana said as she appeared behind Mina.

Mina shifted Nayeon so that the little girl was sitting comfortably in her arms and walked to the start of the monkey bars.

'Reach up and hold it!' Mina pointed at the bars with her left hand. Nayeon grinned, revealing her two bunny-like front teeth and placed her small hands on the bars.

'Weee!' She squealed as Mina walked forward and she grabbed the bars until they reached the end.

'Good job Nayeonnie! Give me a five!' Mina showed the little girl her open hand and was quickly met with a smaller hand the mere size of her palm.

'Want to play with the other kids?' Mina asked as she bounced Nayeon around.

'Yes yes!'

'Becareful okay? If not the tickle monster will get you.' Mina wiggled her fingers in front of the girl's face, earning a delighted laughter.

'Run along now!' Mina set the cute little girl back on the ground and watched as she hopped onto another girl's back.

'Nice save there.' Sana bumped her shoulder into Mina's.

'Heh, just doing my job.' The shorter lady rubbed the back of her neck.

'Sana seonsaengnim! Can I play on the monkey bars too?' A pale girl tugged on her mitten covered hand.

'Of course Dahyunnie.' Sana bent down and effortlessly picked the girl up and helped the little girl across the bars.

'Give Sana seonsaengnim a high five!' Mina encouraged with a wide smile that revealed her silver tooth.

'Yeah!' The kid cheered and enthusiastically slapped Sana's hand with her own.

'Sana seonsaengnim, Mina seonsaengnim, do you know something?' Dahyun asked slowly as she tried to enunciate her words.

'What is it?' Mina brushed the girl's black hair back in a attempt to tidy it.

'You remind me of my parent when they bring me to the playground.' Dahyun said and Sana blushed.

'Parents.' Mina corrected and gently poked Dahyun's neck, making the girl laugh and wave her hands in an attempt to beat Mina's hands away.

'Parents.' Dahyun repeated and corrected herself.

'Why did you say that?' Sana asked.

'When you were walking, Mina seonsaengnim was looking at you like how my daddy looks at my mommie!' Dahyun chirped.

'Really now?' Sana asked and looked at Mina whose ears were almost the same colour as her vest.

'Yes yes! Does that mean that Mina seonsaengnim wuv Sana seonsaengnim?'

The two adults couldn't give an answer but Dahyun didn't mind, she began to wriggle around in Sana's arms while the two exchanged looks and asked to be put down.

'Kids..' Sana awkwardly began when they sat back down on the bench.

'You know, kids tend to tell the truth?' Mina said and Sana was silent.

They heard the bell chime in the distance, indicating the end of break.

'Okay kiddos! Line up in twos now!' Mina called out and after much whining, they finally got into their pairs.

'Let's go.' Mina sang and motioned for the class to start walking while she trailed behind to make sure they won't stray off.

Sana and her class were trailing behind the class that just left when she heard a small voice call out to her. She looked down to see that it was Dahyun.

'Yes dubu?' Sana patted the girl's head as they walked.

'Are Mina seonsaengnim in love with seonsaengnim?' Dahyun asked innocently.

'Is, Dahyunnie. But no, I don't think Mina is in love with me.'

'Aw..' Dahyun pouted but brightened up the next instant. 'Can me help?'

'With what?'

'To make Mina seonsaengnim like you!' Dahyun chirped and Sana almost choked on her own spit.

'W-who taught you to do that?' Sana spluttered.

'My daddy always gives my mommy flowers and he say it means he loves mommy. Chaeng chaeng likes to give me drawings and she says it means she likes me too! So if Mina seonsaengnim gives you flowers or drawing, it mean she likes you!' Dahyun stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

'Okay, we'll see if she does give me flowers or drawings okay? Now it's naptime.' She ruffled the little girl's hair, wondering how do kids these days learn about love at such a tender age.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

'Sana seonsaengnim!' Nayeon screamed and ran towards the lady.

'Yes tokki? What got you so excited today?'

'I have a message to deliver!' She pulled out a rolled up piece of paper from behind her back.

'Who is it from?' Sana took it and unrolled the paper.

'Mina seonsaengnim says I can't tell you it's her.' Nayeon said with wide eyes. Sana looked at her and the innocent pair of eyes blinked. 'Oh no, I accidently said it!' She covered with her tiny hands.

'It's okay, I won't tell her.' Sana laughed.

'Pwomise?' Nayeon stuck out her pinkie.

'Promise.' Sana hooked her pinkie around the little pinkie and pressed her thumb against Nayeon's who promptly dashed off, probably to report to Mina that the message has been delivered.

Sana chuckled as she looked at the paper. It was the drawing of a bunch of roses which were beautifully coloured.

'Mina Mina.. Quite an artist aren't you?' Sana chuckled to herself as she rolled it back up and kept it.

'Sana seonsaengnim!' Nayeon shouted again and ran towards Sana with a small bouquet of flowers.

'From Mina?'

'Yes! I mean, No! No! It's from.. uh.. Secret.' Nayeon said.

'Okay. Tell the secret giver I said thank you.' Sana laughed and Nayeon ran off again.

Sana caught sight of a note within the flowers and pulled it out.

This would be more sincere -Mina

'You and your cool image.' Sana shook her head and admired the flowers.

'Do you like them?' A certain brunette asked, peeping into Sana's classroom.

'Yes I do. Thank you.' Sana smiled as she watched Mina take a seat on the tiny chair.

'Chaeyoung has been asking me a lot about you. I'm guessing Dahyun has something to do about it?'

'Oh that girl.. I swear kids these days know too much about these stuff.' Sana shook her head in disbelief.

'Do you feel old now? Pulling the kids-these-days card?' Mina laughed.

'Just a little.' Sana giggled.

'I guess these will make school days more interesting?' Mina asked and leaned forward.

'It sure will.' Sana nodded and waved the flowers at Mina with a grin.