Not all mishaps are bad

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina is late for classes and Sana is the innocent new student.


 

Mina's morning was not going well.

Her alarm clock had decided to quit which was bad enough, and then the shower head dropped in the middle of her shower, spraying water into her face. Even worst, she stabbed herself in the eye while trying to put in her contacts and stubbed her toe while stumbling around, now in double the pain. She limped to her closet and pulled out a shirt.

Struggling with the buttons on her shirt, slinging her bag over her shoulder and grabbing a slice of bread from the bag, she slipped on her shoes and practically flew out of the house and down the stairs to her car.

Her car screeched to a stop in the parking lot and thank god she did a perfect parking job before racing into the building. There were still students at the lockers getting their stuff for classes so she heaved a relieved sigh that she wouldn't be late for the test.

She was power walking towards her locker while digging through her bag for her phone which she could have sworn she dumped in when she was leaving the house when she crashed into someone when turning the corner, sending them both to the floor on their bottoms.

'Ow .' the girl muttered as she tried to get into a kneeling position, stubbed toe now throbbing even more.

'Holy crap I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there.' A silvery voice said as Mina gathered her things that had dropped out of her bag. There were a couple of people who had turned to look at the commotion but Mina didn't care.

'Sorry? Where were your eyes?' Mina grumbled as she stuffed her notebook back into her bag which was now messier than before. She spotted her phone peeking out of her bag as she picked it up. At least she found what she was looking for.

'Sorry. Sorry.' The voice said, sounding guiltier.

Mina dusted her jeans and stood up, taking a better look at the person who crashed into her.

It was a girl with strawberry pink highlights contrasting against her head of black hair. She was at least four centimetres taller than Mina and had a small face with sharp features. Her eyes were big and had light brown orbs that reflected the girl's guilt. Mina didn't see her around before so maybe she was new. Also, she was continuously bowing which made Mina feel a little uncomfortable.

'Alright that's enough. I get it; you're sorry, now stop bowing before you break your back or something.' Mina said hurriedly as she placed her hands on the girl's shoulder to make her stop bowing.

'Sor-' 'And stop apologizing.'

The taller girl opened , probably to apologize for apologizing so much when Mina shot a glare at her, making her close and look down.

'Gah I'm late!' Mina smacked her forehead when her phone screen lit up.

She ran past the girl and to her number, turning the dial and flung the metal door open with such force it protested with a loud bang when it hit the maximum the hinges would let it go. Grabbing her books, she slammed it shut with another bang and locked it before running down the hallway.

She almost kicked down the door to the lecture hall and she stood there in the entrance, dumbly watching as the other students took their test in silence. She was late.

The lecturer came to her and motioned for her to go outside and talk.

'Myoui Mina. What is your excuse this time?' The lecture asked flatly.

'Sir, I'm sorry but there was a series of mishaps this morning that kinda created a chain reaction.' Mina started, wincing internally.

'Really. Did your dog eat your homework? Or did your dog steal your shoes? Or was it the bus that was late this time?' He deadpanned and with every sentence, the girl cringed.

'You see, I-'

'Is this the lecture hall for calculus?' A familiar voice asked, cutting Mina off. She spun around to see the same girl that she crashed into earlier at the lockers. Great, they were in the same class.

'And you are?'

'Minatozaki Sana. The new transfer student? Sorry I'm late.'

'A new transfer student late on her first day. Do you have a good reason for that?' The lecturer raised an eyebrow.

'Yes I do actually. And I can also explain why she was late.' Sana pointed at Mina whose eyes widened. After losing her temper at the girl, she was still willing to help her?

'Carry on.'

'I had to find my way to campus since I recently moved into the neighbourhood. Then I had to find my way around this campus. That was when I bumped into her and we fell and had to pick up our books and all, that's why we were late.' Sana explained calmly and Mina could only stare.

The lecturer seemed to consider her explanation before letting out a sigh.

'Very well. Get in the both of you. Mina, you start on your test and Sana, do your own revision till the test has ended.'

The two girls bowed and entered the hall, earning a few glances from the students. There were only two seats that were vacant and they were beside one another, giving Mina and Sana no choice but to sit beside each other.

Both girls did as they were told, not paying any attention to each other.

The bell rang and Mina scribbled her last equation down before leaning back in her seat and taking a deep breath. Good thing she studied last night.

Shouldering her bag, she placed the papers on the desk as she strolled out of the hall.

'Hey.' Sana greeted as she chased after Mina, falling in step with the girl.

'Hey.' Mina nodded. 'Want to grab a bite?'

'Sure. I need friends to hang out with anyway.' Sana shrugged.

They each bought a sandwich and a can of drink to consume under a shady tree.

'Thanks for saving my earlier.' Mina said as she took a sip of her drink.

'No problem. I should have looked where I was going anyway. If you didn't fall I'm sure you would have made it in time.'

'It's alright. It's already in the past' Mina waved her hand. 'Also, I think we kinda got off on the wrong foot.' She said after some thought.

Sana turned to look at the girl who mirrored her actions.

'Let's try again yea?' Mina smiled and extended her hand. 'Myoui Mina.'

'Minatozaki Sana.' The girl grasped Mina's hand firmly with a grin on her face.

'Excuse my grumpiness in the morning.' Mina said sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.

'Not a morning person?'

'Well, I'd tell you what happened but I doubt you'll believe me.'

'C'mon, just tell me.'

'Okay so my alarm clock broke, the shower head broke, I stabbed my eye while rushing to put in contacts and stubbed my toe in the process then I flew out of the house and yeah. That's about it.'

Sana's let out a muffled snigger and her cheeks puffed up slightly to resemble a squirrel before she burst out in laughter.

'See, told you. No one would believe that I would have such bad luck in the morning.'

'No no, I believe you. Really. Trust me; it happens to everyone at least once in their lives.' Sana wiped a tear from her eye.

'Good to know I'm not alone then.' Mina leaned against the tree bark.

There was a moment of silence before Sana spoke.

'You know... This might sound weird or come out the wrong way but... I'm glad I crashed into you.'

'That does sound weird.' Mina agreed and laughed when she felt a punch on her shoulder.

'I'm serious here.'

'Yeah. I'm glad I did too. Is this some miraculous way of making friends?'

'If it is, it's truly a miracle indeed.' Sana smiled and Mina smiled back.

 


 

'Ow.' Mina rubbed her head and glared at Sana who had accidentally hit her with the umbrella shaft.

'Oh my gosh, sorry sorry.' the girl quickly rubbed Mina's head.

'Is injuring me a thing now?' Mina joked as she reached out to take the umbrella only to miss as Sana pulled it away.

'No no, I'm just clumsy. I thought you knew this already!'

'Yes, I knew exactly what I was in for when I asked you to be my girlfriend. I don't regret it one bit. Now give it to me.' Mina smiled and reached for the umbrella again.

'No! The taller one should hold the umbrella!'

'Lord, would you stop being romantic here? Actually, never mind. The light is green, let's go.' Mina took Sana's elbow and pulled at her to cross the road.

'At least this isn't rain so we're not getting drenched.' Mina huffed and brushed the snow off her hood.

Sana had walked a little to the side and took her umbrella with her, dragging it over the top of Mina's head and unintentionally hit the girl again.

'Oh for the love of-'

'Okay! I'm closing it.' Sana exclaimed and quickly shut her weapon before Mina could utter another word.

The younger girl walked up the stairs and took off her coat, shaking it off before stepping into the lift, Sana trailing behind.

'Are you mad?' Sana asked when the lift doors closed.

'At your umbrella attacks? No not at all but I want to sulk so I'm sulking now.' Mina crossed her arms and let out an exaggerated huff.

'Oh come on~' the talker girl cooed and slung her arm around Mina's shoulder, pulling the girl closer. 'Stop trying to not smile. It's not working.' Sana laughed at Mina's twitching lip.

'You're ruining my sulking session.' Mina snorted.

'Well I will end your sulking session for today.' Sana chirped and placed a kiss on Mina's temple and another kiss on the girl's crown, making the girl grin. 'Did that fix your boo-boo?' The taller girl teased.

'What if I say no?'

'Then...’ Sana grinned and began peppering Mina's with small kisses. On her cheeks, her hair, her nose.

'Stoop!' Mina giggled as she struggled to get out of Sana's grip.

'But your boo-boo isn't fixed yet.' Sana laughed and continued showering kisses on the girl that was now a giggling mess.

The elevator dinged and Mina twisted out of Sana's grasp, dashing out and running to their apartment door. She fumbled with the keys but it was too late, Sana and her damned long legs caught up to her. The latter wrapped her arms around Mina's waist and the door finally opened.

Sana half carried, half stumbled to the couch with Mina in her arms and they both tumbled onto the cushy surface.

'Is falling down a thing too?' Mina asked as she twirled her fingers around the tips of Sana's hair.

'If this is how we fall every time I wouldn't mind.' Sana chuckled, breath tickling Mina's face.

'What are you going to do now?' Mina asked.

Sana didn't respond but wordlessly leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the girl's lips.

'Is that supposed to stop my sulking?'

'Is it working?'

'I could use more.' Mina hummed and Sana leaned down again, this time capturing Mina's lips in a longer kiss.

'Also, I have another problem.' Mina said when the girl pulled away.

'What is it?'

'We need to change the lock.'

'Why?'

'The keys are too troublesome. A key card would be much better.'

'We'll work on that as soon as we're done pacifying you.' Sana giggled and dropped her weight on Mina, nuzzling into the crook of the girl's neck. Mina wrapped an arm around her waist and smiled.

She could get used to this.