Date

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Mina gets ditched and a certain someone swoops in to save the day.


 

Mina had been waiting for almost an hour. Her seat by the window proved to come in handy now as she looked outside at the night life of the city.

Her date was supposed to come an hour ago but he was nowhere to be seen, much less heard from. She had tried calling him but he must have switched off his phone because she couldn't even get through.

'Ma'am? Would you like to place an order now?' The same waiter came by and asked Mina for what must have been the fifth time. He had this apologetic look in his eyes.

'Just give me a little while more thank you.' Mina forced a smile and dipped her head in thanks. The waiter smiled and bowed before leaving. The other patrons of the restaurant were looking at her in pity as well and she felt awful.

She didn't even know why she had waited so long when it became apparent to her that he wouldn't be turning up at all in the first half hour. Looking out of the window one last time, she sighed and grabbed her purse from behind her. She was about to stand up and leave when a figure walked really quickly towards her table and sat down in the chair.

'I'm so sorry I'm late. The traffic was absolutely horrible. I even thought of running here but then we wouldn't have a ride home. Please don't be mad. Have you ordered anything?' This lady with long ombré purple hair said as she raised her hand for the waiter. Mina could only sit there in shock as she stared at the lady, who had just sat herself down, place her order with the waiter who looked a little happier.

'What about you? What do you want to eat? Your favourite, cold angel hair spaghetti with caviar? And tomato soup to go with it?' She asked Mina who nodded in greater shock. How did she know those were her preferred choices?

'Your food will be served shortly. Any beverages you would like? Some wine perhaps?' The waiter asked as he took the menu.

'No thanks, some warm water will do just fine.' The lady politely refused with a smile and he nodded before leaving the pair. Mina noticed the other patrons were smiling at her now.

'Who are you?' Mina asked, completely bemused.

'I'm Sana. Minatozaki Sana. I have no idea who you are but just go with it alright? I just saw you from over there and I couldn't help it.' Sana pointed at the far end of the restaurant.

'How did you know what I like?'

'Woah I got that right?' Sana chortled in surprise. 'I seriously just made a random guess because you'd look like that kinda person.'

Mina actually felt ready to cry. Here she was, stood up by some and now there's this pretty lady that's so kind and caring, trying to make Mina feel better. It was touching. Really.

'Hey, don't cry. I know how you feel but please don't cry. Whoever stood you up is a and doesn't deserve you at all.' Sana smiled and reached across the table to brush away a single teardrop that escaped from the corner of Mina's eye.

'I just... Thank you. You didn't have to but you did. I'm just moved by you.' Mina rubbed her eye and thanked the gods she wasn't wearing any mascara.

'It's okay really. You deserve this much. Also, this meal is on me.'

'I can't do that! You literally sat down to have a fake dinner with my pathetic , how can I make you pay?' Mina shook her head vigorously but Sana placed a hand on Mina's hands that were overlapped on the table.

'Please? Take this as our first date.' Sana leaned forward and Mina could finally process how pretty Sana actually was. Her features were sharp but soft and were absolutely stunning. Sure, Mina had seen many pretty faces before but this was completely different. It was a refreshing change because there was just something about her that made her unbelievably attractive.

‘Fine, but I’m paying the next time.’ Mina said and instantly regretted it because it was weird. Next time? She just implied that she wanted to meet up with this lady again. Not that she didn’t want to but isn’t it weird to say that to someone that you literally known for just five minutes?

‘Sure. I’d love to have another meal with you. So... Now about we get to know each other a little bit? I take it as we can be friends.’

‘Yeah, friends.’ The corner of Mina’s lips twitched up into a smile.

‘You go first?’

‘Oh, I haven’t even introduced myself.’ Mina face palmed. ‘Can I play a game?’

‘What game?’ Sana hummed.

‘Let’s see if you can guess my name.’ Mina said and Sana laughed.

‘How do you expect me to guess that?’ Sana shook her head.

‘Just try~’ Mina clapped her hands lightly and Sana couldn’t help but coo at how cute she looked.

‘Alright, any hints for me?’

‘Four letters.’

‘Mary?’

‘Do I look like a Mary to you? Why Mary?’ Mina stifled her laugh with her hand.

‘Because I want to marry you. Ba dum tss~’ Sana drummed her fingers on the table and laughed. ‘Was that too much? I’m sorry.’

Mina was really laughing now.

‘Quite a joker aren’t you?’ Mina laughed.

‘Any more hints?’

Mina tapped her chin in thought.

‘Two letters were right and I have two letters from your name.’

‘Two letters from my name… One would be A and... N. M.’ Sana tilted her head to the left in thought. Mina watched as the lady mouthed the words to herself a few times before her eyes lit up and she smiled.

‘Mina?’

‘Are you a detective?’ Mina laughed but nodded her head.

‘I like riddles.’ Sana shrugged.

‘Sorry to interrupt your date ladies.’ The waiter came by with two plates in hand. ‘Dinner is served.’

‘Thank you.’ They said in unison as he left.

‘Let’s eat?’ Sana smiled and they tucked in.

Dinner was much more than pleasant. They shared stories with each other as well as their own personal interest and found each other’s company to be quite therapeutic. Mina felt comfortable and relaxed, much more than when she would usually have dates with him.

Mina picked up her phone that was at the corner of the table and sent a quick message.

‘He replied?’ Sana asked as she chewed on a shrimp.

‘Nope. I doubt he would but he’s not going to be texting me anymore.’ Mina smiled and Sana knew exactly what she meant.

‘You’re single now?’

‘In a way yeah.’

The lady nodded and forked another shrimp into .

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

‘Thank you for everything you’ve done tonight.’ Mina said as they walked out of the restaurant.

‘No worries, it was an enjoyable night. Believe me, if I hadn’t sat down with you I would have spent the entire night alone. Might as well have some company.’ Sana rubbed Mina’s arm.

‘Do you have a ride home? I can send you.’ Mina said but Sana shook her head.

‘I drove here.’

‘Ah, okay. I guess we’ll separate here then?’

‘How will I know when to claim that offer of yours?’ Sana teased as she bumped shoulders with Mina.

‘I could give you my number so you can let me know anytime.’

‘Could you give me your heart too?’

‘Pardon?’ Mina looked at Sana with wide eyes.

‘You’re really cute so may I have the honours of protecting you?’ Sana rephrased her sentence.

‘What?’ Mina uttered in shock and surprise. Was Sana really asking her out?

‘I’m asking you if you are willing to go out on a date with me. A real date.’ The lady laughed and took Mina’s soft hands into hers. ‘I’ll make up for his terrible mistake and treat you way better.’

‘I… Are you serious?’

‘Of course I am! You charmed me! And you’re single so I’m jumping at the chance to date a perfect person. Oh wait, you just became single. I’m sorry, that must have been really self-centred of me.’ Sana scratched her head and awkwardly let go of Mina’s hands. Mina totally didn’t reach out slightly because she missed the warmth of Sana’s hands.

‘That’s not a problem at all. He wasn’t my cup of tea anyway. You’re certainly not a rebound either; I could never do that to a pretty lady can I?’

‘Wait, so that’s a yes?’

Mina nodded and Sana whooped, cupping Mina’s face with both hands and lightly squeezed her cheeks.

‘You’re my princess now.’ Sana said with glee and Mina’s night couldn’t get any better.