Accidents

Mina and Sana drabbles

In which Sana accidentally messes up.


 

Curse her stupid alarm clock for not doing its job. Sana was now rushing about her apartment trying to get ready and leave for the airport. No, she wasn’t rushing for her flight (thank goodness), she was rushing to go pick up her friend, Jihyo.

Haphazardly throwing on her black jeans, a white shirt and her coat, she slipped on her shoes and burst out of her house, jabbing the button for the lift numerous times. The lift finally arrived at her floor and she jabbed the ground floor button and punched the button to close the doors. Sana tapped her fingers on the railings impatiently as the lift descended.

Again, she burst out of the lift and sprinted to the car. She still had an hour but the traffic was always terrible and she might not make it to the airport as punctually as she thought she would. The tires screeched as she drove out of the car park and merged onto the main road, sticking her hand out of the window when she heard the angry honks of the other drivers which she had unintentionally cut off.

She parked at the airport and checked the time on the dashboard.

Five minutes till Jihyo would be out of the arrival hall. Sana quickly grabbed her phone and wallet before stepping out of the car. She checked herself in the reflection of her side mirror before taking the escalator up. There were a few people waiting around and she scanned through the people.

Then, she spotted the back view of her friend.

‘Thomas~’ Sana giggled to herself and ran as fast as she could towards the girl to give her a running hug from behind. Sana latched onto the girl’s back and crashed into the girl, knocking them both to the ground with a loud thump and several people shot them an amused glance but Sana didn’t care, she was excited to see her friend. Or so she thought was her friend.

The girl beneath Sana let out a groan and sat up, rubbing her head.

‘What’s wrong with you?’ she asked and Sana froze. Jihyo didn’t sound like this. Jihyo was much louder and Jihyo would probably have smacked her or something. Jihyo also didn’t sound slightly husky and smooth. The girl’s voice was clear like glass.

‘Oh my god! I’m so sorry!’ Sana clamped a hand over as her eyes widened in shock. This was a complete stranger that Sana had just tackled. A really attractive stranger.

‘What were you thinking?’ The girl asked as she got to her feet and hauled Sana up with her as well.

‘I thought you were my friend. She’s the same height as you and well, she kinda looks like you from the back.’ Sana explained.

‘You sure know how to tackle someone.’ The girl chuckled as she rested a hand on the handle of her luggage.

‘I’m really sorry. Are you okay?’ Sana asked.

‘I’m fine really. Believe me, I been tackled by someone taller than you before. Don’t sweat it.’ The girl smiled and extended a hand. ‘Myoui Mina.’

‘Minatozaki Sana. Are you really sure? Nothing is bruised?’ The taller girl asked again and Mina patted her arm.

‘Relax. All is well. At least I received a warm welcome back even though it wasn’t exactly meant for me.’

Sana had no idea how Mina could be so calm about being tackled by a stranger after a long flight. She would have released her inner hell at whoever it was and made sure he never forget it.

‘Sana?’

The said girl turned around to see Jihyo and she ran up to the girl, giving her a much gentler hug.

‘I missed you so much.’ Sana lifted Jihyo off the ground and spun her around.

‘I missed you too. You know Mina?’ Jihyo asked when Sana finally released her.

‘I uh...’

‘She tackled me to the ground in a hug thinking that I was you.’ Mina explained with an amused chuckle.

‘Ah. You silly squirrel.’ Jihyo ruffled Sana’s hair and the girl pouted as she fixed her hair, cheeks dusted pink.

‘You two are friends?’ Sana asked.

‘Yeah, classmates actually.’

Great, way to go with first impressions.

‘Ah…’ Sana said rather forcefully.

‘See you tomorrow Jihyo.’ Mina grinned and waved before walking off towards the taxi stand with her luggage in tow.

‘Wait!’ Sana shouted and Jihyo looked at her weirdly.

‘What are you trying to do with my classmate?’ Jihyo laughed and Sana shushed her.

‘Yes?’ Mina turned around and sweet mother of squirrels, the girl looked like she was filming a damn movie. Her hair flipped gloriously over her shoulder and Sana was convinced she wouldn’t let this be the last time they met.

‘Do you want a ride home?’ Sana offered and Mina was clearly surprised.

‘Wouldn’t that be a hassle?’

‘Not at all! Please, I insist. As an apology for tackling you earlier.’ Sana smiled and Min seemed to consider it for a while before walking back to them and glanced at Jihyo who was snickering behind Sana’s back.

‘Alright then. What’s so funny?’ Mina asked Jihyo and Sana turned around to look at the laughing girl.

‘Nothing.’

‘It better be nothing.’ Sana mumbled under her breath and shot Jihyo a glare to which Jihyo glanced back with an I-don’t-know-what-you-mean expression.

‘Let’s go then.’ Mina gestured for Sana to lead the way.

They took the elevator down to the car park and Sana walked ahead of them.

‘Your friend is cute.’ Mina whispered to Jihyo who rolled her eyes.

‘She acts like this when she’s in love. You two are singing the same tune now. Just go for it then. You’re like a match made in heaven.’ Jihyo clapped Mina’s back.

‘Really?’ Mina asked.

‘Yeah.’ Jihyo snorted. ‘She’s Japanese too so there you go.’

‘Thanks man. Maybe I should wait. She’s cute when she’s flustered.’ Mina grinned and Jihyo laughed, making Sana turn back.

‘What?’ the girl asked cluelessly.

‘Nothing.’ The same aged friends replied in unison.

Sana narrowed her eyes as she unlocked her car.

‘I’ll help you with that.’ Sana mumbled and took Mina’s luggage, brushing their hands together and Sana flushed pink again, making Mina giggle internally and Jihyo to roll her eyes at the two hopeless friends.

Sana shut the boot and got in.

‘Where do you stay? I mean, since I’m driving you home, I need to know. I’m not a stalker.’ Sana said and heard a slap from the back as Jihyo smacked her own forehead.

‘Seoul University dorm.’

‘Oh like us?’ Sana asked. This means she would definitely see Mina much more often.

‘Yes? I’m Jihyo’s classmate so…’

‘Oh, right. Sorry.’ Sana cleared and started the engine.

‘What block?’

‘The room opposite ours.’ Jihyo said from the back and Sana almost let out an audible squeak.

‘What? I haven’t seen her before. Not that I stalk our neighbours.’

‘I’m moving in soon. My parents are returning to Japan for my father’s work stuff so I applied to stay at the dorms.’ Mina explained.

‘Ah okay.’ Sana nodded thoughtfully and drove.

‘I could switch rooms if you want.’ Jihyo suggested from the back and if Sana wasn’t driving, she would have whipped around.

‘What? Why?’ Sana demanded to know in a rather high pitch.

‘Shut up.’ Mina hissed from the front and Jihyo snickered.

School was just about to get more interesting.