Chapter 6

A Spot of Dither

A/N: I know this chapter is a little shorter than the previous ones, but I couldn't bear to leave Wonwoo mad and upset with Mingyu and have Mingyu so clueless over what he did wrong. So, I quickly updated this ^^ Thank you everyone~

 

That morning, Wonwoo forced himself out of bed; he was getting ready for a day at university. He had refreshed his mind a little, and he was ready to move on from what had been happening these last two days. As long as he didn’t think about Mingyu, he would be fine.

Kim Mingyu… Well, there he goes again, thinking about Mingyu.

Shaking his head in an attempt to rid these sort of thoughts, Wonwoo took his bag from his bed and headed out of the apartment. He couldn’t let Mingyu get to him; he had a literature analysis that he needed to focus his attention on.

As he entered the campus, he suddenly felt like he could use a coffee to give him some much needed energy. However, going to a coffee shop was too risky. What if Mingyu was there? Besides, even the smell of coffee made him think of Mingyu; actually, just the thought of coffee made him think of Mingyu, as he was experiencing at this moment.

Walking straight passed the coffee shop, Wonwoo headed straight for his seminar room. On his way there, Wonwoo froze up when he noticed a certain tall boy seated on one of the benches in the hallway.

Mingyu was sitting there with an anxious expression, his phone pressed up to his ear as one of his legs bounced up and down.

After seeing Mingyu making a call, Wonwoo jumped when his phone started vibrating in his pocket. Wonwoo took out his phone. ‘Kim Mingyu’ was calling.

Thinking he could just ignore it, turn around, and take a longer route to class, Wonwoo turned around and began to walk away.

‘Jeon Wonwoo!’ Mingyu’s voice shouted out in the quietness of the hall.

Wonwoo stopped once again, feeling his emotions fill up in the pit of his stomach.

‘Wonwoo, please don’t go’ Mingyu added, this time he spoke more softly.

Wonwoo could have sworn he heard Mingyu’s voice crack. Wonwoo listened as the taller boy broke down into a series of sobs, and then Wonwoo couldn’t control his own emotions either. Wonwoo allowed the tears that kept seeming to reappear flow down his own face, and he turned around.

Mingyu hiccupped as he tried to rub the tears from his face, until he noticed Wonwoo was shedding tears too and he removed his hands, placing them down by his sides.

‘Wonwoo…’ he trailed off, gesturing to the slightly older boy ‘C-Come here’

Wonwoo obeyed the boy he had been angry at for two days, taking a seat beside him.

‘I-I think I’ve done something wrong for you to be acting like this…’ Mingyu started ‘Please be honest with me?’

Wonwoo took a deep but shaky breath, folding his hands into his lap.

‘I-I saw you with a girl yesterday…’ Wonwoo trailed off ‘I don’t think I can forgive you for that Mingyu’

Mingyu’s eyes widened in understanding, sniffling due to his previous sobbing.

‘I-I think you misunderstood…’

‘What is there to misunderstand?’ Wonwoo cut Mingyu off, his throat sounding dry and sore.

‘I’m sorry…’ Mingyu apologised, looking down at his feet ‘She-She used to be my girlfriend, back when I used to live in Anyang’

Mingyu looked up at Wonwoo, noticing Wonwoo’s hands pulling at his sweater paws.

‘We dated for two months before I realised how strange she was. She would always follow me everywhere, she would always call me and ask me where I was or who I was with, and she used to scream and throw things at me a lot’ Mingyu glanced at Wonwoo once again, who was now paying Mingyu more attention ‘So I broke up with her, and this was about three years ago. Now all of a sudden she shows up at my university, and begs me to get back with her. She wanted me to move to China with her, and when I told her no she forced herself on me’

‘Oh…’ was all Wonwoo managed to say.

‘Wonwoo, I would never cheat on you’ Mingyu continued ‘I’ve never been in love with someone before… but, I think I’m falling in love with you’

Wonwoo took Mingyu’s hand in his without thinking.

‘I-I think I’m in love with you too’ Wonwoo admitted, having come to terms with his feelings for Mingyu.

Mingyu smiled, his tears were now dry on his cheeks.

‘I promise you if she comes back around here again, I’ll tell her to go get stuffed. No more Mr. nice Mingyu’

Wonwoo smiled, his nose crinkling as he did.

Mingyu leaned in, kissing Wonwoo on the nose; he thought Wonwoo was too adorable.

‘As long as I know she isn’t anything to worry about’ Wonwoo said, his cheeks flushing a pink colour.

‘Even if she and I were the last people on earth, I would still wander around the world searching for you’

Wonwoo nearly died from the cheesiness, slapping Mingyu across the chest.

‘Now, you’re coming to my house this afternoon and I’m making you dinner’ Mingyu announced, swinging his and Wonwoo’s tightly held hands.

‘I would love to’ Wonwoo said, smiling more than he had ever smiled.

‘I’ll meet you here after classes then’ Mingyu said, standing up ‘Now go to class before I make you late again’

Wonwoo looked down at his watch gasping at the time; it was too late, he had already missed the first twenty minutes of class time.

‘Curse you Kim Mingyu, ever since you came into my life I’ve been showing up late for classes’ Wonwoo complained.

Mingyu leaned in, giving Wonwoo an innocent but sweet peck on the lips.

‘I’m sorry’ Mingyu said, pulling away slowly.

Wonwoo blushed and started running off down the halls in the direction of his seminar room.