Chapter 2

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

I was sitting in the cafeteria with the guys the next morning when I saw him coming to sit at a table, alone. I immediately tuned out the conversation happening around me and stared at the tanned boy, watching as he silently fiddled with his phone with a frown on his face. He’s not wearing all-black today but instead he wore a white button up shirt underneath a blue jacket, black skinny jeans and peaking from underneath the table was his black shoes. His hair was as messy as the many times I’ve seen him but what got me swallowing hard was when he began biting his bottom lip.

I stared – hard – unable to tear my gaze away from the view. He looked really y while doing so and I bit my bottom lip when I saw him ruffling his already messy hair. I didn’t know where to look; I knew I shouldn’t be staring at him but I really couldn’t tear my eyes away from him. Luckily, I felt a slap on my thigh that successfully tore my gaze away but I couldn’t help the loud cry that escaped my lips as the pain began to spread.

I’m going to kill whoever–

I froze when I realized that it was Kyungsoo who had been the culprit, and the thought of wanting to ‘kill’ him for hurting me flew out of my mind at the hard gaze he was giving me. You see, nobody messes with Kyungsoo and gets away with it – no matter what. I felt a shiver go down my spine when he raised a questioning brow at me.

“What?” I asked, trying hard to hide my wince. “You’ve been staring at Kim Jongin like you were going to eat him, Sehun.” Minseok said with a smirk while Chanyeol waggled his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at him before looking back down at my abandoned food.

So his name is Kim Jongin. I’ve never known the guy’s name before and I find that I quite like the sound of it. I kept repeating his name over and over like a mantra in my head, thankfully snapping out of it just as Joonmyeon called for my attention.

“We’re going to the movies after class later,” he informed me, putting his drink down. “Chanyeol insisted on watching The Conjuring 2.” I didn’t miss the roll of his eyes and the shudder he let out just by mentioning the horror story.

I snorted. “And you’re going to come with as well?” I asked, shaking my head. Joonmyeon hated – or more like loathed – anything with a horror genre as he gets nightmares easily, and I find it quite amusing that he was going to join us for the movie later. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” I asked, turning to Kyungsoo this time.

“We made a bet,” Chanyeol told me with a grin before Kyungsoo could say anything.

“About what?”

“Who could score better in our Microeconomics test last week. The test was worth ten percent, and I scored an eight!” My eyebrows raised at that before turning to Joonmyeon who looked embarrassed. Or was he annoyed? “Joon scored a six,” Chanyeol continued smugly, and even without turning to him, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Joonmyeon let out a groan at that. “You scored higher than me for once, Chanyeol. And only by two percent!”

“Yeah, don’t need to get all cocky about it,” Minseok chimed in, shaking his head. “Anyways, back to the previous matter. Are you sure you want to come with us, Joon?” he asked, looking at our friend in concern. I followed his gaze and heard Joonmyeon sigh.

“Well, I lost the bet and I’ve made a promise. I should keep it.”

“Atta boy!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he jumped out of his seat and more or less threw himself onto Joonmyeon, making the latter yelp. He squirmed in Chanyeol’s tight embrace while the taller barked loudly in laughter right into his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter