Chapter 1

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

I stared absentmindedly at the slides screened by the projector, fighting the urge to yawn loudly as my eyes began to feel heavy. The lecturer was talking loudly through the microphone as we were in a rather large lecture theatre, wanting the students at the very back to hear him loud and clear as well, but I doubt anyone was actually listening. I turned to my left and snorted when I saw Chanyeol with his head nodding forward and back, side to side, trying to fight off the sleep. I stopped twirling the pen in between my fingers and decided to use the end of it to poke him on the cheeks instead, and the man jumped with a snort, arms flailing and almost hitting me in the process, and I ducked to the side with a muffled laugh while at the same time eyeing the front to make sure we weren’t caught.

Chanyeol groaned when he turned to me.

“Don’t do that,” he whined and slid lower down the chair, occupying the small space with his long legs and trying his best to rest the back of his head against the back of the rather uncomfortable chair. “God, I’m so tired. What’s the old man going on about now?” he asked as his eyes closed again.

“Something about Australia’s law–” I cut myself off when I realized that the idiot was softly snoring now, making me snort again and shaking my head to myself. I turned to the front and tried my best to at least pay attention to whatever the lecturer was saying, but it proved to be a difficult work when Chanyeol is sound asleep on my left while the old man continued to drone on and on and on–

I woke up with a start when I felt the pain on my thigh, and I came face to face with a beaming Joonmyeon and Minseok who was chortling at the surprise look on my face. I heard a yelp then and turned to see Chanyel fighting Kyungsoo off – the smaller boy has Chanyeol in a chokehold – and turned back to my two friends.

“I fell asleep, didn’t I?” I asked even though the answer was obvious. Minseok chuckled and ruffled my hair, making me pull away with an annoyed growl. “The whole theatre could hear you two idiots snoring,” Kyungsoo scoffed as he finally released Chanyeol, and I caught the proud look on his face while the other gasped for air.

“Liar,” I scoffed, letting out a yawn. I know for a fact that I do not snore (the guys said that I sleep so quietly like a baby) and that they were just teasing me. “How long has it been since the lecture ended?” I asked as I stood up from the chair, wincing when I felt my muscles protesting.

“Not too long ago,” Joonmyeon said as he gestured to the front of the theatre. There were students still crowded there, probably waiting for their turns to sign their attendance. “I’ve signed the attendance for all of us by the way,” he added before slapping Chanyeol on the thigh, gesturing him to get up so we could leave.

I momentarily reached my arms up to stretch my muscles before twisting my torso side to side, wanting to crack my back when I paused and quickly looked away. Minseok gave me a weird look at this, making me smile and shake my head, before I quickly packed up my things and ran to catch up Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Joonmyeon who had already made their way to the exit, making Minseok run after me.

I followed the guys to the cafeteria, feeling my tummy rumble as I recall that I skipped breakfast this morning while Minseok rambled on about his annoying ex-girlfriend who wouldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter