Chapter 7

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

From Kim Jongin:
[Received 10:30 pm]
Let’s go on a date tmrw

 

I smiled a little at the latest text message Jongin had sent me as I leaned back against the pillows propped by the headboard. We had been texting back and forth all night, talking about random stuffs and at the same time, learning more about each other when he suddenly came up with the suggestion. I placed the comic I’ve been reading aside and held my phone with both hands, staring at the words on the screen with a smile on my face. The thought of going on a date with my boyfriend was actually making me feel giddy, and I could imagine my ‘manly side’ scolding myself for acting like a freaking high school girl. Realizing that I have yet to reply Jongin’s text, I quickly raked my mind to check if there’s any plans I would need to cancel, and when I came up with nothing, I sent him a reply.

 

sounds like a plan. where are u taking me?
[Sent 10:34 pm]

 

From Kim Jongin:
[Received 10:35 pm]
We can do anything you want. But lunch first, ofc

 

let’s do something we both like. how bout that?
[Sent 10:35 pm]

 

From Kim Jongin:
[Received 10:36 pm]

Sounds like a plan :)

 

Jongin picked me up from my house a little before eleven in the morning the next day, and I quirked a questioning brow at him as I climbed into the cherry red Range Rover Evoque. But instead of saying anything, I find him staring at me, eyes wide, and for a second I was flustered – was there something on my face? Did I wear my shirt inside out? – until I realized that he was checking me out. I smirked at that and glanced at his own choice of clothes for our date today as well. Jongin was wearing a white button up shirt, jeans and a black leather jacket. I looked down at my own clothes and snorted loudly in amusement, making him look up at my face.

“Hi,” he greeted me, looking like he’s in a daze which only made me laugh. I could feel his eyes on me as I laughed into the palm of my hand before he let out a chuckle himself. “Well, this is a coincidence.”

“It is. Luckily I chose to wear a bomber jacket instead of leather,” I pointed out, twisting my body aside a little to pull on the seatbelt. Jongin smiled at me before putting the car on drive again, and I turned my face to look at his side profile, admiring the view. His jawline was shaped perfectly and as he drove, he looked really cool and relaxed. He turned his head then and I didn’t even bother to hide the fact that I’ve been staring. “So, I didn’t know you had more than one car,” I said to him, and he smiled sheepishly as he turned his gaze back to the road.

“I have a few,” he admitted. “But there’re not all mine.”

“Oh?”

“It’s true. There are five cars at home, to be honest, and I only own the Honda and this Range Rover. The rest belongs to my dad.”

I nodded at that. Even before I knew his name, I could tell that Jongin came from a wealthy family. He admitted that recently when I asked about his other car, albeit doing so in a hesitant manner. My mother was a businesswoman as well, and since the business, which she took over from her father has been doing well over the years, our financial status has risen splendidly but it was not so obvious to the eyes, unlike Jongin. His clothes, his car and even his freaking aura screamed rich and wealthy, not that I cared really. I wasn’t dating him for that and I hope he knows it.

Jongin continued to drive in silence while I leaned back against the seat, turning my head to look out the window. I bit my bottom lip when I felt a warm hand on mine, but I turned to him when Jongin pulled my hand away from my lap to placed our clasped hands on his thigh. I smiled a little and his hand with my thumb lazily, staring at our hands before glancing up at him when he gave my hand a little squeeze.

“So, where are we going?” I asked after the short silence. “We’ll have some lunch first and then I was thinking that we could go watch a movie. You told me that you loved wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter