Chapter 6

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

Lunch time went about in a blur as I mostly had my attention on the food and Jongin. We sat really close to each other so we were able to talk in hushed voices, ignoring the people around us. I knew for a fact that both of our friends wouldn’t stop glancing at us as they ate, but I wasn’t the only one pretending not to notice. Tao appeared to be the only one who didn’t bother to look up from his meal to tease us with his eyes nor was he talking to anyone at the table either. Occasionally, Luhan or Yixing would ask the guy questions but he would not respond verbally, making me wonder if he’s naturally quiet, annoyed by the situation or mute.

I doubt it’s the last option.

Another one of Jongin’s friend, Baekhyun, finally joined us halfway through our meal and he apparently shared classes with Chanyeol before because they greeted each other easily before the latter took it to himself to introduce the former to the rest of our friends. Baekhyun seated himself at the end of the table before his eyes landed on me, and he briefly threw a glance at Jongin before smiling widely at me. “Hi, I’m Byun Baekhyun. Nice to finally meet you, Oh Sehun.”

I decided that he’s as loud as Chanyeol a few minutes in.

I also ended up sharing my food with Jongin as well. Or rather, he shared his with me. He caught me eyeing his food while I was wondering if it was as delicious as he makes it to be for one, he’s always ordering that dish and two, he was slowly eating it like as if he was cherishing every bite. He smiled – or more like smirked – when our eyes met before he lifted his fork, twirled some of the spaghetti with it, and brought it to my lips. I stared at him incredulously for a second before quickly opening my mouth when the guys began to make teasing noises, making Jongin snort. But I caught the redness of his ears which made me feel really good. And Jongin probably noticed because he fed me a few more bites after that before I told him to finish it all for himself.

Our next class was to start at three-thirty in the afternoon, so after lunch, the guys separated from us – not before they made some inappropriate jokes – while we remained seated at the table for a couple of minutes, talking about random things. I grew bored after that and Jongin decided that we take a walk for a minute, and he took me by surprise when he shyly hooked his pinky finger around my thumb before taking my hand into his when I didn’t pull away. I was sure that my face was red at that point, so I was glad that the weather seemed to be a little cold despite the time and could easily blame it on the weather.

“Sehun, can I ask you something?” he asked as we made our way to– actually, I didn’t know where we were headed, but I didn’t mind. I glanced at him briefly and nodded my head. “Why did you agree to date me?”

I tilted my head at that. “Hmm, I don’t know,” I replied, not missing the way his eyes darted to me. “But I guess I could use the excuse of being curious for now.”

“Curious?”

“Uh-huh… there’s something about you that always made me feel curious. Like I wanted to get to know you and your deepest, darkest secret.” Jongin’s fingers twitched a little in my figure, and I glanced at our linked hands briefly before turning to him. His eyes seemed distant and there were wrinkles on his forehead as his brows creased a little. I sighed quietly and gently squeezed his hand, making him turn to me. “Jongin, I do like you, you know. But right now, I don’t think my feelings are as strong as my curiosity for you. So let me get to know you better. That way, I can determine how I really feel about you and satisfy my curiosity bit by bit.”

Jongin managed a smile at that before nodding his head. “Sure, I guess. I want to know more about you too,” he admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand sheepishly. “I am curious about you as well, and I want to know everything about you.”

“Okay. So, let’s play… twenty questions?”

“I’ll start. When’s your birthday?”

“April 12th. Yours?”

“January 14th.”

“Hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter