Chapter 13

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13

It happened one day when I least expected it. All was fine at first; for the past weeks, I did well in my classes and was able to cope well with my studies, my friends and I were always hanging out together like we used to although sometimes Jongin and his friends would join us as well, and as for Jongin and I, there were less calls from his parents to attend meetings so he was mostly around, holding my hand as we walked around campus and snuck an hour or two after classes to enjoy some alone time.

Jongin even surprised me with a bracelet and an impromptu trip to the beach for our one-month anniversary, and I had been so touched and fell more in love with him that I couldn’t keep my hands off of him. He was the same, I assure you, which then led to another and waking up next to him made me realize that I wanted this to be permanent.

I wanted the moment to last forever.

Anyway, both my mother and brother happened to be around that week (which was quite rare), and on one of the days Jongin had been called away by his parents, I decided to stop by our family’s company to pay my mother and brother a visit. My classes had ended early and I had nowhere to go (I mean I could go home but I just refused to), so I figured that one short visit wouldn’t hurt. Besides, it’s been ages since I’ve last stepped foot in the building and I recalled how my mother used to encourage me to stop by her office once in a while, simply to show my face to the employees.

I should’ve noticed that something was wrong when the first thing I heard when I stepped out of my mother’s private elevator was a loud gasp and I turned to see my mother’s PA, Kang Sora, posture rigid and eyes wide when she saw me. I frowned at her as she scrambled away from her desk to run to me.

“M–Mr Oh!” she exclaimed, smiling nervously at me. “You didn’t tell us you were coming.”

“Ah, I just thought I’d drop by my mom’s office today,” I said, scratching the side of my head a little. “Is she in? She’s not busy, is she?”

“Uhh… actually, she’s having a meeting. Right now. In there. I mean, her office.”

The smile I had on my face fell when I realized that the woman was nervous and slightly… scared. I turned my body a little bit more so I could fully face her and frowned as she darted her gaze away from mine.

“Is there something wrong, Ms Kang?” I asked.

“N–No, sir.” I didn’t bother correcting her for addressing me with such formality and continued to stare at her, making her fidget uncomfortably. I didn’t miss the sight of her swallowing hard as the seconds ticked by and caught sight of the sweat starting to damp her forehead. “Mr Oh, I think you should leave,” she suddenly said, breaking the tense silence. “Your mom is clearly busy right now and I’m not sure when she’ll be done.”

“Okay,” I drawled out as I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously. “I’ll just go see my brother then. Is he in?”

“He’s, uh… he’s also inside your mother’s room.”

That was hardly a surprise since Kris was mom’s right-hand man after all, but watching her fidget made me curious. Dead curious. I wanted to know so badly of the reason why she’s suddenly acting like someone’s out to get her, and if it weren’t for the fact that I’m the son of her boss, I’m sure she would’ve shoved me back into the VIP elevator and have me escorted out of the building.

The door to my mother’s office opened then and a guy in a grey suit walked out of there, followed by a man with a long scar on his face. The scar come from the right side of his face and down across to the bridge of his nose. I had to step aside when they walked past me, but I still ended up bumping shoulders with Scar Face who glanced at me from the corner of his eyes.

I wouldn’t peg mom to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter