Chapter 11

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get the sound of the gunshots out of my head. I tried calling Kris again but his phone was off, frustrating me to no end. My friends wanted to stay to make sure that everything’s fine, but I sent them home, not before Kyungsoo hugged me close and told me that everything would be okay. I ended up pacing around the house anxiously for the rest of the day, and by nightfall, I was feeling really tired, frustrated and worried for my brother.

When I heard a car driving up the driveway, I ran to the door, expecting to see his sleek blue Audi but instead there was a black Mercedes with a driver climbing out from the vehicle. I stopped, frozen by the door as the driver opened the back door, revealing an elegant woman with red lips and fair skin. I gasped when she smiled the moment her eyes set on me.

“Sehun, my baby.” she cried and I stepped forward to envelope my mother into my arms. She chuckled, rubbing my back up and down before squeezing her arms around me a little while I buried my face in her shoulder. “I missed you,” she whispered.

I pulled away and smiled at her. “I missed you too, mom. Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming home?” The last time I heard from her, she was somewhere in London, looking over some new project she has over there with another company. But I wasn’t complaining since I’ve missed her a lot.

(I am not a mama’s boy though.)

“Well, I was supposed to fly to Japan tomorrow but I miss home, and I missed you, Sehun. Work can wait,” she said as we linked arms and walked into the house. I looked over my shoulders to see my mother’s chauffeur taking her bags out of the car, and I belatedly realized that her personal assistant was there as well. “I see you’re still dragging Sora around with you,” I said, nodding my head once in lieu of greeting to my mother’s employee, Kang Sora.

My mom gave me an incredulous look before rolling her eyes at me. “Of course I am. She’s my PA, Sehun. Of course she has to go where I go.” Our middle-aged maid greeted her, and my mom smiled widely at the ahjumma, asking her how she’s been and thanking her for watching over me. I rolled my eyes at that and was about to walk away when my mom called out for me. “Where are you going? Aren’t you going to eat dinner with me?”

“It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to dine with you, mom. Why would I miss it?” I said sarcastically but mostly just to .

“Shut up, Oh Sehun.”

“As you wish, Ms. Go.”

Mom wanted to get some rest while ahjumma was preparing our dinner so I went up into my room and told my friends about my mom’s return. They all sounded happy for me since they’ve been the ears who listened to my complains of not seeing my mom around anymore, and as usual, we ended up discussing random stuff which amused me a lot until Joonmyeon asked,

 

btw, is your brother back yet?

 

My brother? At that I suddenly recalled once more of the thing I’ve been upset about the whole day, but I didn’t get to contemplate on that matter when my mom knocked on my door and peeked her head at the door. “W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter