Chapter 4

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

“I’m sorry, I don’t think I heard that right. Can you repeat that?”

I sighed and rolled my eyes, already expecting the guys’ reaction upon telling them the news. We were in the library this morning before our ten-thirty a.m. class, and I decided to drop the news to them before lunch time when Jongin was supposed to join us. Or the other way around. That immediately got me wondering… are his friends or my friends be sitting together too? I wouldn’t mind but I don’t know if the guys would like it.

“Sehun!”

I sighed again before turning to Chanyeol. “Yes, Chanyeol. You heard it right. Kim Jongin confessed to me after our classes yesterday and I agreed to be his boyfriend,” I repeated for the second time, trying to sound exasperated when in reality I was really fighting the urge to blush at the memory. “Do I have to repeat this again or are we crystal clear on this?”

“Crystal clear,” Minseok mumbled, looking confused and lost. “So, you’re dating him now? The guy you’ve been staring at like you wanted to swallow him up?” I heard the teasing tone in his voice, making me groan and duck my head. Minseok snickered and reached over the table to ruffle my hair. “Our baby has a boyfriend,” he pretended to cry.

“Oh my god, shut up.”

“I didn’t know that you had a crush on that guy,” Joonmyeon said with a thoughtful look on his face. I didn’t realize it until he confessed to me too. “But you’ve never spoken to him, right? Do you even know anything about the guy?”

“No, I know nothing about him.” I admitted, sighing again. “But I do like him, and I can tell that he’s genuine with his feelings too. We can always get to know each other slowly while we’re in this relationship, right?”

Chanyeol nodded at that. “That’s true. I think it’s more romantic that way,” he said and upon seeing the looks we’re throwing him, he scowled. “What? I can be romantic too!”

I snickered at that.

Kyungsoo was the only one who had yet to say a word about my sudden dating news so I turned to him and found him already staring at me. He seemed to be deep in thoughts about something and it made me feel a little uncomfortable. I know for a fact that Kyungsoo may know a little bit about Jongin since he told me that they were former high school mates and used to live in the same neighbourhood before Kyungsoo’s family moved away, and I wondered what my friend was thinking about when he finally broke his silence.

“Just be careful, Oh Sehun.” he suddenly said, making the rest turn to him as well. “I don’t want you to get hurt. And make sure you tell that boyfriend of yours to watch his back. I’m going to slice his throat if he ever hurts you.”

I immediately felt warm at that, not because he just threatened to kill my boyfriend in the future, but for the fact that he’s worried and watching out for me. The guys chuckled at him, impressed by his words and the over-protectiveness he sometimes showed for us, but I could tell that Kyungsoo really meant what he said which made me slightly worried but still very much appreciated by one of my best friends. I sighed in relief and took out my phone to tell Jongin and only then I noticed the message he sent me about two minutes ago.

I couldn’t help but smile when I read his text.

 

From Kim Jongin:
[Received 09:45 am]
I told the guys and now they wont stop teasing me

 

i just told mine too. they’re surprised and i’m sure they’re gonna start the teasing soon too
[Sent 09:47 am]

 

“Texting your boy?” Chanyeol teased as he waggled his eyebrows at me, making me flush and lock my phone away. “Mind your own business, Yeol.” I said to him, rolling my eyes when he gave me his creepy grin.

“Aw, what’s wrong? Are you shy, Oh Sehun?” That’s when I felt my face heating up, making me growl lowly in my throat and glare at him. It only seemed to amuse him as he barked loudly in laughter, momentarily forgetting that we were in the library and received a loud “Shhh!” from all around us.

Chanyeol immediately cupped his mouth and ducked his head, while the rest of us snorted in unison. When he tried to open his mouth again, Joonmyeon was quick to come to my rescue by distracting him with a question on the tutorial work he was working on, and I gave the latter a smile before turning to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter