Chapter 20

No way in hell

Kyungsoo can't stop smiling. Their little lunch date went extremely well and he's just so damn happy. Maybe just maybe, they could finally make some progess in their relationship. It's still sad what Jongin did but if he's finally rejecting Areum then he should just give him a chance. He's not winning anything either by attacking him. If he actually wants some progress made between them then he would start making moves.

 

Funny how just a few weeks ago, he wouldn’t be able to do this but now it’s different. Jongin has shown interest in him and he knows that if he just gives that tiny push then they could actually form a relationship, even though they’re married but whatever. You get the point. It was already 5:30pm so the short male decided to start making dinner. 

 

By the time he was done, Jongin was already home and changing in the bedroom. Kyungsoo has talked to Baekhyun and Hongbin about his feelings in this situation a bunch of times and has tried to go on dates to take his mind off these things. But he finally realized that if he actually wanted this marriage to work out and keep Jongin to himself then he has to put in some type of effort.

He can’t just let the other male do everything by himself. Even though he really wants to. But Kyungsoo can’t show his eagerness either, no matter how much he wants to because if this doesn’t work out in the end then he would just look and feel stupid. 

 

“What are you thinking about so hard?” 

“N-nothing.” The other just hummed continuing eating. Their small date earlier today wasn’t as bad as the one they had last time when they bumped into Sehun. Matter of fact, it was their best date even though at times it would get awkward but surprisingly Jongin was able to start a whole new conversation that had Kyungsoo talking a lot. 

 

“Kyungsoo?” 

“Yes?”

“Would you like to go on an actual date with me this saturday? You know like a good one and not an awkward one like last time.” The short male giggled softly before nodding his head, “Of course! I would love to.”  The sun kissed man smiled before taking his and Kyungsoo plates to the kitchen and washing them. The other right behind him, helping him dry the plates and putting away their juice. 

 

“Are you going to sleep with me tonight?”

“ Do you want me to?” The taller just hugged him before giving him a small peck on the forehead. Both of their cheeks red from the small moment. 

“Of course.” They stayed there for a moment just enjoying each other’s presence. 

“You know, I really did love Areum but my mom never liked her and I would always get angry with her because I didn’t want her to be in my business.” The other just nodded before taking him to the couch. 

“I thought she loved me too but she only wanted me for my money and it took me so long to realize that and now I feel so stupid. That day that she came onto me, I just lost it for a second thinking oh does she finally love me? But then you were also running through my head at the same time and before I was actually able to push her away, you came in and I was just in a moment of shock. It hurt me to see you cry, after you left I kicked her out of my office. I felt like an absolute . Even now sometimes I look back and wish I could change that day and maybe we would be in a much better relationship right now.” Kyungsoo hugged Jongin tightly before speaking up, “It hurt me a lot too. I went on different dates trying to get back at you. I felt so lost and it just hurt me deeply because of the things you said so I kept going on dates but would feel some type of hope, when you would give me attention or just tried to show me that you were trying.” 

 

“I’m just glad that you’re finally giving me a chance. Kyungsoo, I promise to do everything in my power to make you fall in love with me. I want to be with you and I don’t care if it takes me years to show you that but I want to start over and treat you how you’re supposed to get treated like a prince. If you let me.” Jongin was looking at Kyungsoo with so much care and hope that the other couldn’t stop himself from kissing him. 

 

“I would love to.” 

 

Author's note:

Hi everyone, it's been such a long time since I last uploaded. I didn't have anymore inspiration to continue writing this story but I did want to finish it so I decided to make it open ended, well at least tried to. 

Thank you all so much for your love and support, please stay safe and healthy and take care of yourselves! 

P.S- add me on ig hoes_4_exo  ;) lol.