Chapter 07

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

 

Jungkook: "She’s unconscious for too long. Her breathing is too thin!"

Jhope: “Jin? Did something go wrong!?”

Jin: “No, she lost too much blood but she’ll be fine, she needs plenty of rest.”

Jimin: “Oh my god… I’m so sorry Yoojin…”

Rapmon: “We need to put in extra care in guarding. That bastard won’t let loose this opportunity.”

V: “That sick bastard!”

Suga: “I hate to admit it but… I think she’s by far the best we’ve ever guarded.”

Jungkook: “She is…”

 

*

 

After passing out multiple times, I woke up again in the middle of the night, though I’m not sure how many days I passed out. I was really thirsty and wanted to get out of bed for a glass of water but the moment I stir, Jungkook approaches me in a hurry and places his hand on my forehead. His palm feels cool and I love the touch.

“Your fever’s still lingering.” He says in a soft voice and then eyes me a few more seconds before speaking again, “Are you in pain?” He worries.

“Water…” My voice is broken and my body is sore all over. Jin understands even though he stands afar and went to get me water. The rest of my guards crowd around me but I felt that it is okay for them to get some sleep. “Go get sleep.” I whisper but none of them could hear what I said. Jungkook leans in closer until my lips touched his ear. “Go get some sleep.” I say and he flinch before turning to observe me.

This was the first time I’ve seen his face so closely and I notice a scar on his left cheek. Jungkook has a really beautiful pair of eyes as well. Very round, dark, deep and there’s magical sparks in it. I must remember to tell him this when I feel better.

Jungkook doesn’t move away but stays in that position for a very long time. I don’t have the energy to move so all I could do was lie down there, having him stare at me really intently when our faces were only a thin air away.

Jin then comes over with a glass of water and Jungkook coughs slightly before looking away. He supported me up so I now have my back against the bed’s headboard. Perhaps something happened when I was unconscious? Why do I feel that Jungkook is dissimilar? I must be imagining things, my head is heavy still.

“Here, drink this instead. You’ll feel better.” Jin says.

I drank it without any hesitation. And I surprised myself when I swallowed even the last drop. This is the amount of trust I’ve given them, the amount of faith I place in them. And I want them to know that because I trust them and like them, I want nothing bad to happen to them.

I look at Jimin, the sorrow in his eyes and the guilt makes him halt his steps in approaching me. He must have had it bad, maybe living with guilt thinking that he is the cause of my suffering.

“Jimin, I’m fine.” I push the words with a lot of strength to say it without slurring. “Don’t blame yourself.”

There was a smile from him but I know he still feels bad.

“Do you guys know the Gotyp guards?” My words slur a little but I manage to deliver my question to Rapmon.

I could see the hesitant in them as they eye each other with caution and for a moment, nobody speaks so I feign a weak cough to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter