Chapter 04

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, I woke up with all seven of them, still standing guard at the corners of my room and I wonder if they even have the time to sleep? What I remember was that the times where I woke up briefly to toss and turn, I saw Jungkook beside me, he watches me stir in my sleep and then I remember nothing.

And then when I stir in my sleep again and opened my eyes for that very short moment, I see another person standing guard beside me. I think it was Jhope. The fullest memory of them I have when I awoke for the longest seconds from my sleep was that I remember seeing V guarding beside me but the rest of them aren’t around in the room.

That was probably the time where they rest, a shift work or something of the sort. I’m still not comfortable with the idea of them guarding me so closely. I mean, we are inside the royal villa, what could have happened? It is tough for them too and I worry if they are getting sufficient sleep. I might have to request them away for proper resting time when I sleep. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to sleep well after knowing how they are taking intervals even at night.

The routine for today was the same as yesterday. There’s nowhere I wanted to go except for the garden. Even though father has permitted me freedom outside the royal villa, it still proves as a nightmare after the incident so I decided to wave it off for the moment until I am good enough to step out.

So I sat up on bed and did a little stretch. My guards, as usual turned to stare at me, perhaps prepared to move into formation. I wore my slippers and got out of bed. I also notice one thing about Jungkook, the one that guards the closest to me be it formation or no formation, he has been reading my movements the moment I woke up and once I was out of bed, he shifts in and stood beside me.

One thing I don’t understand is that, I thought I was correct when I figured out how their formation worked. If the formation circle is not in use, then Jungkook has to stand one step away from me. Besides, this is my room. The guarding formation drops and each of them guards a corner of the area instead of directly beside me as there is no danger and no any other human in sight.

I turn to look at him but Jungkook is eyeing away. His face totally turned the other direction, away from me and I do not understand why. I grab my clothes and a towel, I couldn’t help but turn to look at each one of them. There’s just something not right with the atmosphere. My protectors aren’t standing guard with that sharp look on their faces, they aren’t staring into the air as well. They are looking somewhere else, all of them! They are avoiding looking in my direction whenever I stand in front of them, I fathom. And why is that? Do I look hideous waking up with messy hair?

Jungkook follows me still and when I stop my steps just in front of the washroom, I spin around, wanting to stop Jungkook from guarding any further. But he flinch when I turn around and I notice him scanning me head to toe real fast and then the strangest thing happen. There was a small and muted gasp coming from his face and then before I could ask him to stop following, he turns around and shows me his back.

I think he gets the idea that I wanted to use the washroom. But I still can’t figure out the reason why all of them are showing me such change.

Changing out of my white lace nightgown, I am reminded of a few years back where mother told me not to wear anything that is in full red. She says that this is the color of Gotyp country. And because of what she says, I have been avoiding red. We aren’t exactly at a friendly case with the Gotyp. Our country’s color is white and I like it. It stands for clarity.

My maid died a few years back and having no maids to attend to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter