Chapter 02

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The walk from my room to the garden was full of unwanted awkwardness. I notice they assigned themselves according to the position as stated in the blue file. Now it makes sense! Jhope and Jimin situated themselves in the front – the head – of the formation. Jungkook stands right beside me – the center – of the formation and I have never felt so stiff from simply walking. Rapmon and Jin in the middle – the wings – of the formation, left and right side respectively. And then Suga and V at the end – the rear – of the formation.

I am not going to get used to any of this. But thinking back to how that strange man had reacted when he realized my blood could heal, I kind of understood why father and the royal advisors agreed in assigning me personal guards.

I am stuck in a situation that’s difficult to fully appreciate and difficult to fully complain. Wouldn’t life be easier if I was a mere citizen? I let out a sigh unknowingly and both Jungkook and Jin turned to check on me.

“Is anything wrong?” Jin asked.

“No,” I reassure with a soft smile. “I’m just not used to how right this situation is.” Although that was partially a lie.

There was a grin from Jin and he caught me off guard. I thought they aren’t capable of smiles and something so… gentle? It was a new scene. With how they responded to even a little sigh that comes from me. They were in every way different from the royal guards that I knew. Yet I can’t pinpoint exactly what.

We reach the garden no soon after and that’s where I feel self-conscious. The garden has always been the place I come to every afternoon. There is this part of the garden where it was abandoned by the gardener. He says that they were short at manpower to trim and grow the flowers back when they first started the villa. But after manpower was restored, no royals ever walk to this part of the garden because it is situated near the forest, right at the last end of the garden trail. Wild boars and animals sometimes appear that cause the gardeners to give up this part of the garden.

This part of the garden grows with me because I trim and grow the flowers back. I save them from dying and it somehow shows a part of my personality. I hope my guards do not catch on what I am thinking. It makes me embarrassed to have them see something that I hold so dearly.

Jhope separates himself from the formation and went into the sealed garden without a word. Jimin holds a hand in the air and Jungkook stops me from taking any steps by placing his arm in front of me. All of them stop their steps and I notice they shift in closer to me. I am practically squeezed inside their formation circle. It is like a silent agreement where they know what each of their responsibility is and I watch with so much amazement at their teamwork and how serious they are in protecting me. I am so flattered.

Yet! At the same time I felt that this wasn’t really needed. Isn’t this a little too much? I had wanted to say that it was okay to go in but then there was a loud crash coming from inside. It sounded like a vase broke.

I cringe and grab onto Jungkook’s arm out of instinct, earning a look from him. What was that!? Is Jhope alright!? Why aren’t any of them checking on Jhope!?

I started to panic and the scene of that stranger that had injure me suddenly came to my mind.

“Everything’s fine.” Jungkook whispers and I remember to breathe.

Jhope appears out of the sealed garden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter