Chapter 11

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Princess!” The doctor is abased and he shouts a little to disagree. “These degraded men are doing no good to the princess’s health!”

I cannot believe what I’ve just heard from the doctor. Such insolent words to my guards! My eyes flew to Suga and Jimin as they are easily agitated but I can see them holding it in. Jungkook has his hand clenched into a fist and I wrap my hand around it in an attempt to calm him down. He relaxes upon the touch but keeps his gaze firmly on the doctor.

“Doctor, please leave. Jin is here to handle everything if I happen to feel unwell.”

The said man hesitates to say a comeback but shuts his mouth when Suga took an intimidating step forward. The doctor stole one last glance at me before leaving and I sense a wave of guilt hitting me soon after. I have never shown complete refusal to whatever the doctor has requested of me. I wonder if it was alright for me to dismiss the doctor so rudely.

“It’s fine. We’ve got your back.” Jhope came over and wave a hand in front of my unfocused eyes.

My eyelids flutter at the sudden closeness, “Thank you.” I say.

There was a dense pause and I think I’m the only one that seems to sense it. I watch with unease as my guards return to their guarding corners in my room. I have a lot to say and I have a lot to ask. I cannot wait because one of my brother has died. I don’t want another death to happen.

“Rapmon…” I fix my eyes onto Jungkook’s fingers that lay by his side as I do not have the courage to look Rapmon in the eyes. “We need to talk.” I manage to get the words out but there was no reply. So I continued without stopping, “Tell me about the Gotyp guards, my fifth brother and the royal doctor. Everything that I need to know.”

“Even if it meant breaking your heart?”

His words made it hard to speak. “Yes… everything.” I sigh and close my eyes to steady myself. Jungkook made me sit on the bed and he went back to his guarding position, fixing his gaze at me all the while.

Rapmon took a chair and have it placed in front of me. The rest of my guards aren’t moving but I can read the worry that’s shown on their faces. The leader sat down on the chair, right in front of me and I dreaded this scene. I regretted for a second, my stomach churn having to know all the bad things that has happened and the worst is that I’ve been kept in the dark for so long.

“The Gotyp guards are here to ask for help.” Rapmon started speaking when I wasn’t ready and I hold up a hand for a few seconds, trying to digest the first disclosure.

“Okay.” I say.

“The Gotyp guards are runaways, like us. Their mission is to bring us back… although that is impossible.” Rapmon shook his head with a bitter smile. “And since they can’t go back empty handed, they are seeking help here. The signed treaty is just a disguise.”

But one of the Gotyp guards told me they guarded the fifth prince back. “But why did they lie about the fifth prince? Why was there a fight with Jimin?”

“Yoojin…” Rapmon says my name very gently. “One. They know about the empathy to death, although in your case, they manage it the wrong way. Two. Someone here that’s from Gotyp has ordered them to hurt us. Three. If they do not get saved here, they will die.”

Someone from Gotyp wants them to hurt us. “Who? Somebody else from Gotyp is here?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter