Chapter 01

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I live in a world where female species are very rare. The exact ratio of female to male is 1:100. To top off this, I am the only princess born in the royal family. I grew up with lots of love… which was what I actually thought until the age of 12. I realize I wasn’t exactly ‘loved’ by all. My parents – the king and queen – of the nation actually cage me up so that the rest of the people couldn’t get close to me. I could never step a foot to the outside world and I never got to see what life was like outside the royal villa.

And only recently, at the age of 19, I understood why. There was once where I wandered off alone and ran out of the royal villa by the back door. All the unknown seemed interesting and very new to me so I wasn’t really being cautious with where I was going or who I met along the way. There was a man though, he bump shoulders with me and then took a very good long scan at me from head to toe.

“Why… The princess!” He exclaimed.

I was surprised he knew me. I wasn’t dressed in any way that spelt royalty. I have never seen ‘normal’ but I kind of understood how it worked after spending a few years with my maid when I was young. Plain, simple and humble. That is what I believe ‘normal’ to be.

He held my hand without permission and I allow him to do so because it’s my first encounter with someone that had no connection to the royal. He wasn’t someone hired by the royal administer, he is a mere citizen and I do not want to stain the royal’s name by showing anything that is rude. I wanted him to know that I, a princess, live humbly and normal too.

“Princess, allow me to check if the rumors are true.” His laugh is sinister as he says this. The man’s grip on my wrist tightens and that is when I sense things aren’t going the right way. He points out a knife and with a fast swish that I couldn’t dodge, he makes a cut on my wrist. It burns and I whimper in pain, attempting to retrieve my hand from his grip at the same time.

What insolence! He shows no guilt but continue to be amaze at the blood that is oozing out from the cut. His grin is revolting and I’m so terrified by this man, by those erted stares of his. At this point of time, a big portion of my skin is stained by my own blood and I felt like I could faint any moment.

The man then touches my blood and to my disgust, he smudges the blood that is on his palm, to his leg. I notice there was a big burn on the left side of his thigh and that is exactly the position where he smears my blood onto. He laughs and it echoed inside my ear.

“Well, well…” He whispers in awe. “The rumors are true! Your blood heals! What a wonder!”

He releases my hand and I fall to the ground. I was in so much pain, the cut is too deep and I can’t stop the bleeding. I watch as the man kneels down next to me and I manage to understand what he meant. The big burn on his thigh is gone as he wipes it clean. My blood heals injuries. Which is probably why I wasn’t allowed to be seen by the outside world…

 

*

 

“Your majesty, we might need to start assigning 24/7 personal royal guards to protect the princess.”

“Yes… yes, indeed. I can never let anything bad happen to her.”

“Your majesty, may I recommend the Bangtan family?”

“Bangtan… No, no. Too dangerous, you never know if they’ll plot a betrayal.”

“Your majesty, they are the best among the royals. And definitely worthy of your honored trust after your majesty saved them from the clan.”

“Very well. Get them to report in before the princess wake.”

“Yes your majesty.”

 

*

 

I woke up screaming.

And the grand advisor immediately came to my side, checking my condition with the royal doctor. There are a few unf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter