Chapter 06

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin… “Jimin…?”

I’m in my room, on my bed. I woke up whispering to Jimin’s name and once my eyes manage to take in the surrounding, I counted the number of guards that’s around. Jungkook is right beside me as usual, the rest of them at their own corners. But one of them – Jimin – is down on the sofa.

I bolted up right away and the immediate flow of blood to my head is making me sway. Jungkook places a hand at the back of my head and gave the support I needed. I see him speaking to me but I can’t hear a thing, I could only make out his moving lips and a frown on his brows. I’m seeing things sway left and right, I can’t focus and the headache presses in harder the more I tried to focus.

“… fine. It’s… no one hurt…”

This is all I hear from Jungkook and his constant pat on my head calms me down. He lay me back down again and I assume everything is fine, as well as Jimin, although I remember seeing him with a few bandages.

 

*

 

Jin: “It’s the food from before…”

Rapmon: “The food! Jimin never loses to the Gotyps, not even when it’s seven to one.”

Suga: “How come she’s getting the effects stronger than us?”

Jin: “They’ve been drugging her way before. Her body is weak to begin with, she won’t be able to endure it like we could.”

Jungkook: “It’s the royal doctor, isn’t it?”

Jhope: “That bastard! I swear I’ll feed him the drug myself.”

V: “Count me in.”

 

*

 

I have no idea how long I slept but when I woke up, the sky is dark. My eyes darted to where Jimin is and I was disappointed the moment I see him still lying on the sofa. The rest of my guards are away, replenishing their sleep. Jungkook is beside me and I made an attempt to leave the bed but he stops me with his hand around one of my arm. I threw him a look of worry and pointed to Jimin but all he does is shook his head.

They are my guards and all these emotions grow. Today, I feel what they feel and I hope this is vice versa. I hope they would understand how much it pained me to actually see someone deeply injured because of me. I know I have to do something about Jimin, leaving him on the sofa isn’t going to do any good. Jin must have treated to Jimin’s wounds but I can see it’s doing nothing good.

I place my hand above Jungkook’s hand – that’s still on my arm – and pressed a smile. I left the bed and walked with a mild dizziness that’s starting to crept into my head. I knelt down beside the sofa and examined Jimin’s wounds. He’s basically passed out and I see small little streaks of sweat on his forehead. His wounds are all bandaged up but I could see that it’s not going to make him recover fast without proper and frequent medication.

Things aren’t looking good. We can’t get treatment from the royal medical department because they would look into why and what causes the injuries. If any others knew about the fight between Jimin and the guards from Gotyps, it would be disastrous, the treaty will be seen as a joke and it might spark unnecessary debates among other countries. My guards would be punished and sent off which I will never allow it to happen.

I know of a way that could wipe out all of these concerns and make Jimin recover. But I need to do it where nobody else is around, including Jungkook. My mind is acting up a few scenarios and I’m not sure if it’s going to work but I need to try it out nevertheless.

“Jungkook, I don’t feel well. Could you get Jin?” I pretend to sway and have my eyes closed to avoid any eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook knelt down beside me and brought a hand to my forehead. I still refuses to open my eyes. I’m afraid he’ll know that it’s a lie if he sees the hesitant in my eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter