Don't Hate Me

Don't Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The more Jeonghan trying to avoid Kim Mingyu, the more he met him. Firstly in the morning on the next day, Mingyu is already standing in front of his own shoe locker when Jeonghan just took one step into the school building. They see each other. Just imagine how awkward that is. Mingyu then give quite a polite bow to him. So, inevitably, he also bows back to him. After that, Mingyu just leave him. Jeonghan blinks at that.

Wait, what was just happening?

Jeonghan thought Mingyu just still sleepy and didn’t notice, and just being a friendly guy. Well, he actually should feel relieve that Mingyu didn't do something scary, like their first met at this shoe locker room. But still, it felt strange because he swears to God that their eyes met for one or two seconds long. And... Mingyu didn't look bright as he should always be.

That is what Jeonghan thought was wrong about Kim Mingyu.

 

 

 

"Eh? Mingyu looks fading?"

Jeonghan nods.

"Is he some kind of hologram or animation? Like that Japanese school girl on the internet?"

Jeonghan hits his friend hard. "I'm being serious here! And I mean the smile and the light in his face!" he shouts. "Why do I even be friend with an idiot..." he cupped his face, then groans in frustration.

"You should be happy, as you usually said 'I didn't want him to notice me'. BUT NOW I KNOW YOU'RE ACTUALLY NOT! YOU WANT HIM TO NOTICE YOU!"

"Shut up!"

Thank God, suddenly the bell rings. If not, they probably are having a fight right now.

"Come on, we need to reach the lab, sonsaengnim going to kill us with assignments if we're late!"

 

 

 

As they reach the lab, suddenly Jeonghan spots someone.

"Hi! Jeonghan."

"Oh? Joshua?" Jeonghan says as he squinted, not believing his own eyes. What is Joshua doing he—

Oh, yeah.

His class was here... as well as Mingyu. How Jeonghan could even forgot?

Seeing a good-looking guy talking to Jeonghan, his friend whispers, "So, is that Joshua?" Jeonghan nods. "Very nice catch, Jeonghan," he adds, not whispering this time.

"The heck, Dude? Seriously? Right now?" Jeonghan can't believe this friend could still in front of Joshua. He slightly looking at Joshua direction and realize that the boy a little bit blushing and smiling shyly. He must be heard what his friend was saying...

"Hi, I'm Jeonghan's friend, Seungkwan. I heard about you, quite a lot, from Jeonghan."

"Really? Uhm... I'm Joshua, well... I believe you already know since Jeonghan told you already..."

"Yeah, he also told me when you guys went on a da—" Jeonghan is panic and feel the urge to block Seungkwan's mouth so he did.

"Phuah! Okay, okay, chill! I won't say anything again!" Seungkwan says after he gets rid of Jeonghan's hand from his mouth. "Oh great," he suddenly say and rolls his eyes.

"What?" Jeonghan asks.

"I left something in my bag. I'll be right back!" he says again and runs to the door, but suddenly stop and take a look at Jeonghan and Joshua. "It's nice to meet you, Joshua." he adds a smile at the end and hurry back to his class.

It's suddenly so awkward between them. Now Joshua know that this beautiful boy talk about him to his friend. He can't hold his smile. Did he finally able to catch Jeonghan's attention?

"A-anyway! What are you doing here, Joshua?" Jeonghan asks, try to act casual.

Joshua just frowned hearing Jeonghan called his name. Jeonghan usually never called his name and only address him as 'You'. It feels so weird when the latter suddenly said it, and Joshua doesn’t really like it. He wants them to sound like they more than an acquaintance, more than a friend...

If possible.

"Can you just call me Jisoo? I'd appreciate that..."

"What? Why so sudden?"

"Hong Jisoo. That's my Korean name." he grins brightly.

Jeonghan rolls his eyes. "Yea, I know it's a Korean name, but people always called you Joshua. Why can't I call you Joshua too?"

"Well... Isn't it sounds more natural since I'm living in Korean now? And my face resembles more like Korean than American. So that's why I'd like you to call me Jisoo... instead of Joshua."

Mingyu heard that. He hasn’t leave the corridor and standing still in front of the lab. He almost reaches his class room when he realizes that he left his pencil case on the desk. Now he know that Jeonghan and Joshua still talking privately, he can't even enter the lab. It would be inappropriate if he just come in and interrupt them.

Once again, he is not stupid. People want to have a closer relationship if they ask someone to call them by the real name. He took a deep sigh when he realizes that he has a sudden heavy feeling right now.

 

 

 

"I'll think about it."

That was Jeonghan final answers.

Now the class has started. Seungkwan already back from the classroom and sonsaengnim is now teaching the subject material. Seungkwan keep forcing Jeonghan to tell the detail about his interaction with Joshua after he left the room, while Jeonghan keep telling him to be quiet and wait until the class finish. So Seungkwan could just pouts for the rest of this class.

"Okay, it finished. Now tell me!"

Jeonghan rolls his eyes for the second times today. "We didn't say much," Jeonghan says, lied actually.

"Stop lying, you think I'll believe that?"

"Oh?"

"Don't you just 'oh' me, Yoon Jeonghan!"

"Wait, I saw something," Jeonghan says and reaches for the thing under the table.

"What's that?"

"Pencil case..."

"Maybe it's Seokmin's. He always lost his things."

Jeonghan just carelessly shrug. "Or maybe not..."

 

 

 

Jeonghan comes to Mingyu's class to bring back the tall boy's pencil case that he left in the lab. Yes, he knows. Hello, he's a two years experienced stalker, remember? Even though he only saw this once...

But this doesn't mean that he wants to see Mingyu. No, it would be just an extra gift for him. He just guess that Kim Mingyu probably panic right now because his things just missing.

He takes a deep breath before knock on the door.

 

 

 

"Josh, lend me your pen!"

Joshua raises his eyebrow. "Where's yours, Dude?"

"I left it in the lab," he answers as he receives the pen.

"Why don't you get—"

"Mingyu! Someone is here looking for you!"

 

 

 

"No! Don't call him!" panic, Jeonghan lightly hits the boy front of him. Anyway, he knows this guy and exchanges some greeting in the morning if they met each other. That's why he could casually hit the boy.

"Ouch! Aren't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter